Aleksei Oleinik has 57 wins; 53 finishes, 45 submissions

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's currently at #8 and 6-2 in the UFC. Wins over Travis Browne, Junior Albini and Mark Hunt in the UFC. Lost to Curtis Blaydes and some other guy. Also has wins over Cro Cop and Jeff Monson.

How good is this guy? Is he going to climb the UFC HW rankings further?

He’s old as hell. Unathletic. Small. He’s done great for himself. I think he’s hit his ceiling,

Sick Sick submission game... not sure about his ceiling. But the hardcore fans know who he is.

Maybe although he might not have much more milage on him. Hw isn't deep so hopefully he gets a top 3 fight soon.

Age is the biggest argument against it.
I personally think he's a brilliant fighter to watch.

I'd like to see him at LHW. Dude used to compete at MW back in the day. In this trash era of the HW division and LHW division, he's formidable but he isn't a top 5 fighter.

i love watching him fight, but i dont think he will ever challenge for the title.

HW division is such a shitshow. He isn't the best heavyweight on the planet, but he has the potential to beat anyone in the world.

One compound word: Sleaveless-Ezekiel.

If this guy gets anyone that doesn't have an solid to good ground game on the ground, they're 97% straight fuck

Dude pulled off two Ezekiel chokes in the UFC. He gets my respect just for that. Will he ever win the title? Nope.

Fighting in the early/mid 00's in Russia, he probably has a few more pro submission wins that didn't make their way to sherdog. Dude is a beast, but never going to win a UFC title.

Dude doesn't seem very strong but always manages to get Ezekiels on heavies.

He lost to Neil Grove. End of thread.

Great for Aleskei to turn his career around so late in the game, and find a way to distinguish his submission game, but I remember him being TKO'd by Neil Grove in less than a minute back in Bellator.

And it's not like his striking defense has improved much since then; his game is still largely the same. He's faced much better fighters and strikers than Grove since then and beat many of them. Odd but entertaining career.

He is rather slow and hittable, that said he has some good old man strength going for him & a very difficult guy to prepare for grappling wise. I didn't think he'd be able to take Hunt down but he proved me wrong. The guy has been around for a long time and the age of 40+ he is collecting the most notable victories on his resume.

Back