Aleksander Emelianenko vs Gabriel Gonzaga, 5th May

Just got announced. Aleks signed non-exclusive (can still fight for WFCA) contract with RCC Boxing Promotions, meets Gonzaga 5th May in Yekaterinburg. Future fight with Kharitonov also in discussion but apparently Sergei wants some crazy money and negotiations not going well.
<mma4>
crazy money, over the hill fighters. sounds like Scott Coker has found his tentpole

Hopefully Gonzaga has been using TRT or roids for the last two years. Aleks certainly has been and he looks great.

This really handicaps Gonzaga.

How would you like to get some guy down, elbow the hell out of him and he bleeds hepatitis all over you?

They’re offering 20k/20k, someone from my gym was in talks for this fight but ended up not getting it
Jesus Christ, who the hell travels to Russia to fight Alex, who looks to be in the shape of his life, in his backyard for that amount of money?

Going to have to go with Gonzaga unless he is severely out of shape. Gonzaga can beat Aleks in more ways and Aleks keeps his chin up all the time. Hard fight to pick though

5 de mayo, día de los muertos.

Deads day. That will be Gonzaga and his glass ass chin.

Why do you guys think aleks has bad grappling? He lost a few fights via sub to fucking Jeff monson, Barnett and werdum. Is there any shame at all getting subbed by any of.those guys. His grappling is high level, every life long sambo fighter has great grappling skills. What the hell is wrong with some of you.

Jesus Christ, who the hell travels to Russia to fight Alex, who looks to be in the shape of his life, in his backyard for that amount of money?

Funny enough this guy was talking to me like this was a big money fight for him and he was crossing his fingers for it. 40k is a good chunk of change

Funny enough this guy was talking to me like this was a big money fight for him and he was crossing his fingers for it. 40k is a good chunk of change
Well, 40k if you actually beat him in his backyard, 20k for getting a brutal beating + costs of the training camp + flight and other expenses (how many of your expenses in Russia are covered by RCC?) isn't a lot of money. It would be different if he was fighting someone who was mainly a submission grappler, if you get caught you just tap, but fighting a striker like Aleks in Russia is a different game.

Why do you guys think aleks has bad grappling? He lost a few fights via sub to fucking Jeff monson, Barnett and werdum. Is there any shame at all getting subbed by any of.those guys. His grappling is high level, every life long sambo fighter has great grappling skills. What the hell is wrong with some of you.

Eh getting subbed by Monson at the time of when Aleks got subbed by Monson is embarrassing. Monson isnt subbing any high level grapplere at this point of his career. I love Sambo and Aleks but his grappling isnt "great"

I'll bite.

This isn't 2005.

He hasn't fought anyone in years.

Gonzaga is better than anyone he has faced in years, unless they are bringing him to throw a fight.

Yes
monson is a savage grappler

I'm worried about this fight, Aleks might kill Manbearpig

Sounds like it could be a fun fight, I'm in.

Back