Aldo went down like a true champion. Swangin’ and bangin’, not tapping to strikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course they do. jumping into situations unprepared and stubbornly rushing to oblivion is not the way of the warrior

warriors once in a battle can't quit.
GSP has a control freak mentality.
Aldo has a warrior mentality.

of course they can quit. it's called a retreat. and warriors strive to control every element of a battle they can before engaging. running headfirst into the unknown is foolish, not brave

of course they can quit. it's called a retreat. and warriors strive to control every element of a battle they can before engaging. running headfirst into the unknown is foolish, not brave

once inside the battle, that is all or nothing, you fight to the end. MMA is not about generals, it's about warriors.

a warrior. one of my favorites ever

once inside the battle, that is all or nothing, you fight to the end. MMA is not about generals, it's about warriors.

nope, once inside the battle retreat is still an option. mma is a sport, not a street fight

nope, once inside the battle retreat is still an option. mma is a sport, not a street fight
that's a defeatist mentality. The reason why guys like Aldo and Jones are great, and GSP and Joanna are not.

Respect to Aldo, but nothing wrong with tapping to strikes, of all the meathead sherbro narratives that one has to be the dumbest one.

“Bro, you’re a pussy if you tap to blunt force trauma to the head and potential brain damage or death, but you’re still a warrior if you quit when someone is hurting your arm”

<JagsKiddingMe>

One option literally leaves you with zero escape options under the rules of MMA.

The other option still allows someone to hopelessly dampen the damage, give their back, attempt to block, weather the storm, etc.

See the difference? I'm not saying I wouldn't tap to strikes, because I would tap to the very first strike.....I'm just pointing out a fallacy in your trying to equate both scenarios as if they are 1,000% exactly the same.

One option literally leaves you with zero escape options under the rules of MMA.

The other option still allows someone to hopelessly dampen the damage, give their back, attempt to block, weather the storm, etc.

See the difference? I'm not saying I wouldn't tap to strikes, because I would tap to the very first strike.....I'm just pointing out a fallacy in your trying to equate both scenarios as if they are 1,000% exactly the same.
That’s nonsense, we have seen many guys squirm their way out of tight arm locks, so it can and has been done, yet when a guy taps the moment someone applies it people have no problems with that.

On the other hand a guy can take a beating and be all but unconscious, yet if he taps even as the ref is already stepping in, the same group of meatheads who gave the armlock quitter a pass, will sit there and call a guy a pussy for not wanting to be brain dead.

It’s fucken stupid if you ever really sit down and actually think about it.

Last edited:
True champions don't think of challengers as a joker and get flatlined in 13 seconds, then whine for a rematch declaring 'anytime, anywhere', and turn down the opportunity for a rematch. I bet it bothers you that most fans will think of Aldo as nothing more then a stepping stone for McGregor huh, that's why you constantly try to play down GSP's accomplishments and not the man who destroyed him.

So true.

Joanna tapped to strikes....Shogun tapped to strikes, gave up. GSP tapped to strikes.

Aldo is a true warrior.

As any doctor, or anyone with even a hint of medical knowledge will tell you, tapping to chokes and arm bars is far worse than tapping to strikes.

1) Don't tap to a choke you pass out and are immediately revived with no long term or short term consequences. In judo and BJJ people are choked out, revived, and continue practicing. People used to sign up to be choked out by judo Gene Labell.

2) Don't tap a lock you have broken bones/torn ligaments and tendons, you're out for six months but modern medicine is very good at fixing far worse, only minor long term consequences. Far worse than that happens to kids who fall out of a tree, or car accidents - hospitals are very good at putting everything back together.

3)Don't tap to strikes and you get increasing neurological damage with each strike, which never heals and for which modern medicine can do nothing. Only people who have no knowledge of what's involved in concussions think tapping to strikes is worse than the other two - such people can and should be ignored, they're the medical equivalent of flat earthers.

Respect to Aldo, but nothing wrong with tapping to strikes, of all the meathead sherbro narratives that one has to be the dumbest one.

“Bro, you’re a pussy if you tap to blunt force trauma to the head and potential brain damage or death, but you’re still a warrior if you quit when someone is hurting your arm”

<JagsKiddingMe>

Gonna have to respectfully disagree.

With all respect for Aldo, I love him, but he went down like true challanger not true champion ;)

Warriors in battle can quit, retreat and counter attack, make a controlled withdrawal. Spend some time in uniform, you'll find you're exactly wrong. Warriors never stop thinking, and the better the warrior the clearer they can think in the heat of battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back