Aldo was still ALDO in the first Halloway fight

Aldo is still Aldo. The difference is he's fighting high level strikers now instead of wrestleboxers who don't know how to check leg kicks.

Yup. I mean...it's not like Frankie Edgar, Cub Swanson, Chad Mendes, Mark Hominick, KZ, KenFlo, Faber, etc have ever been known to have any bit of stand-up skills.

He needs to man the fuck up and fight a real warrior instead of these nobodies ranked top 1-5 (at the time of fight).

Because those guys pose the same stand up threat as Conor and Max right?

<36>

The only high level striker on that list is Cub and you're talking about the Cub from 10 years ago who had nowhere near the same level of boxing technique.

This is not a coincidence. Its not a coincidence the two best strikers Aldo ever faced in his entire career are the ones that beat him.

Aldo is still Aldo. The difference is he's fighting high level strikers now instead of wrestleboxers who don't know how to check leg kicks.

Funny, considering Max and Conor almost never check leg kicks, yet they're the ones to beat him.

Holloway is a big FW. He can take shots from Aldo that other guys can't. That's all it comes down to.

Jose has the power to keep guys most guys off him, but Max walked through it.

His career started declining when he broke his foot during the Kz fight, he would use 4-5 kicks a fight if any after that, and his best weapon was his kicks

Sure he kicked a few more times in his last outing but he used to take people apart with kicks and his kick punch combos, his knees etc

All gone, he is still sharp as hell and one of the best strikers on the planet tho

Aldo was somewhat past his best by that point, but yeah, you're right, he wasn't shot to shit, he was still easily elite and near the top of hte game. In the second fight, I'd say he was shot, though if he does fight Stephens he's gonna beat the living shit out of him (which I'm gonna love, cause fuck Jeremy Stephens).

When was the last time aldo finish3d anybody?
Was it mended after grabbing the fence in what? 2011?

This guy gets it.

People don't realize how much emotion play a part in the fight game. Many are always claiming they fought cans or they believed in their own hype or it was the steroids helping them. Fact is fighters that have never lost or have not lost in a very long time do not know how to cope with it.

Prime example, Overeem. He's traded wins and losses his entire career and has fought the best of the best in his class undoubtedly and he is to this day not only dangerous but also a contender. He's learned to deal with losses plain and simple.

Aldo can probably still get a good amount of wins in the rest of his career but unfortunately he will no longer be the same after not 1 terrible loss, not 2 terrible losses but 3 lopsided losses with 2 in a row. He will probably get more tentative and randomly reckless.

If he does fight Stephens I could see him getting ko'd, Jeremy has also accepted his losses and he's riding a big high right now with nothing much to lose but aldo is on a low and he has to do something big and potentially reckless to try and claw his way back. It may not end well.

I always admired Randy Couture's atitude, he would lose badly, got KTFO and would still smile not long after, would still look happy, confident and himself. His happiness and manhood were not defined by wheather he'll always win/or not have some bad loses.

Aldo is the GOAT. It took over 10 years to find someone who could best him

Why does this sound a bit like when Schaub constantly tries to enforce that "Fedor was still Fedor when he fought Rogers, Bigfoot, Werdum and Hendo” agenda of his. And why does he have to do it?

Jesus, dude was still a fucking baller. I forgot about that flurry in the 1st round. That would have ended most guys. Maybe he didn't lose it until Max KOed him
That wouldn't have ended anyone. If Aldo had any power in his punches he would actually knock people out once in a while. But he never does.

Aldo has been on a steady decline for a long time.

Mid 30s at FW is far from your prime

Conor took his soul, most fighters are never themselves after losing to the person they truly want to beat and are overly emotionally invested in, that's kind of why I want to see Rockhold Bisping 3. Aldo, would have to beat Conor to be himself again.
It must really bother Hosay knowing that the guy that took your soul in 13 seconds went on to fight floyd and make 100 million dollars, and its all because Hosay went down like a sack of potatoes in 13 seconds.

Aldo has been slowing down for a while and the IV ban didn't help, which is why I would have liked to see him move up. I'm not too sure he could beat Frankie or even Mendes now to be honest. I think that Frankie fight was his last great performance.

Aldo is still the FW GOAT for now, but as much as I hate to say it, I think the best Holloway beats the best Aldo :(

Back