Aldo was still ALDO in the first Halloway fight

You must have found my post funny, as you keep referring to it as a "failed attempt at being funny"...even though that was the last thing on my mind. Haha Or maybe you got a little butthurt there and desperately attempting to claim I attempted something I did not? I say a little butthurt as I'm sure you've experienced far more hurt in your butt from when your uncle visits...then again...you seem like the type to actually enjoy that kind of ramming. Speculations at this point, I suppose.

Why are you talking about uncles and ramming? No wonder you have self importance issues.

I don’t know why you are telling me this though. Go find someone who will cater to your needs

Fickle MMA fans tear down all these legends as soon as they start losing. Crab in a barrel mentality.

Every fighter who looks unbeatable now will lose as they get older. And if they keep fighting lose to mediocre fighters. That takes nothing away from their accomplishments at their best.

True Aldo fans know that Aldo hasn't been in his prime for years.

People like to see things through tinted glasses a lot of the time. If you keep winning you're still in your prime supposedly lol, you can still win fights outside of your prime guys.

Aldo hasn't been in his prime since about 2013. The dude is such a great fighter that he still beat guys even though he was declining physically.

There are also contributing factors like lack of IV bags to re-hydrate etc.

What was he supposed to do? Plan on going 5 rounds with him? With his fight years? Lol. He knew his only shot was to win early so he went for it.
He went 5 rounds with Frankie twice. An early finish was not his only path to victory. A smart gameplan was. He got into a brawl, which was a stupid thing to do.

He went 5 rounds with Frankie twice. An early finish was not his only path to victory. A smart gameplan was. He got into a brawl, which was a stupid thing to do.

Frankie is not Max.

Jesus, dude was still a fucking baller. I forgot about that flurry in the 1st round. That would have ended most guys. Maybe he didn't lose it until Max KOed him
Aldo is still Aldo now, he's just been surpassed.

He was still Aldo in the second fight too....

I am one who thinks Aldo was the absolute best fighter in the world from about 2009 - 2017....

For starters Max is really fucking good....The fact is Aldo looked fantastic in both fights....He really did. He was winning quite clearly, and then he found out just how good of a chin Max really has....Aldo landed strikes on Max that would have either put down, or severely changed the game plan of virtually every fighter in the division. Max persisted, waited for his moments to really turn it on, and it worked out both times for him....In the second fight, I really think Max was starting to get really fucked up from leg kicks and an accumulation of strikes so in the third round he just absolutely went for it....

Aldo finally came from the top of the mountain, and the fighter who was finally able to do it is a really good one....

Max ate a nasty knee during the flurry. I still think Aldo is a beast although his best days are behind him. Current Max is just better than current Aldo

People are shitting on his gas tank in the Holloway fights, he was able to go five rounds in all his UFC cuz he fights fairly conservative usually. He was SPRINTING against max both times, winging shots like crazy. Max fucked him up bad the second time though, like really bad. I expect aldo to not look the same, career changing beating in that second fight.
Stop it.

Let's be honest, his tank is very irratic. 5th round vs hominick

Perrichet is the biggest racist troll on Sherdog who is always bashing Brazilian fighters but somehow avoids getting yellow cards for it. You should just ignore him
Look I'm not picking sides, but I'm just basing off this thread and there is no racism coming from him.

I'm only interjecting because calling someone racist Willy nilly is not cool.

lmao such bullshit. Aldo recovered from that fight fine and put on his best performance ever in the Edgar rematch
Mendes 2 imho was his best performance. Both guys brought out a crazy side to eachother

Aldo looked like shit against Edgar too. He was too defensive and fought off his back foot. He fought like a guy scared to lose, not the killer he used to be. Edgar just doesn't have anything for him.

Back