Aldo was still ALDO in the first Halloway fight

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jesus, dude was still a fucking baller. I forgot about that flurry in the 1st round. That would have ended most guys. Maybe he didn't lose it until Max KOed him

Aldo died when WEC died.

Too bad for Aldo Max wasn’t a midget wrestler with no stand up threat

Max is a true born fighter. Took Aldo's best and came back and destroyed him. No one can say that.

That's a stupid way of analyzing things. Edgar and Mendes are both elite.

He was still just as quick, skilled and strong. But his stamina has decreased significantly, and wasn’t there in that fight.

Conor took his soul, most fighters are never themselves after losing to the person they truly want to beat and are overly emotionally invested in, that's kind of why I want to see Rockhold Bisping 3. Aldo, would have to beat Conor to be himself again.

Aldo is still Aldo now

He'd still beat Edgar and he'd still beat Mendes (his best wins)

Outside of Max and maybe Ortega who at 145 would you pick to beat Aldo?

Also was still ALDO, but unfortunately for him Halloway was already Holloway

People are shitting on his gas tank in the Holloway fights, he was able to go five rounds in all his UFC cuz he fights fairly conservative usually. He was SPRINTING against max both times, winging shots like crazy. Max fucked him up bad the second time though, like really bad. I expect aldo to not look the same, career changing beating in that second fight.

Aldo was still Aldo, Aldo is still Aldo, these are not the droids you are looking for........

Conor took his soul, most fighters are never themselves after losing to the person they truly want to beat and are overly emotionally invested in, that's kind of why I want to see Rockhold Bisping 3. Aldo, would have to beat Conor to be himself again.

I agree, after all the smack talk, getting smoked in record time took his soul.

His fight against Frankie proved he hadn't lost a step. Max is simply better than Aldo ever was.

This guy gets it.

People don't realize how much emotion play a part in the fight game. Many are always claiming they fought cans or they believed in their own hype or it was the steroids helping them. Fact is fighters that have never lost or have not lost in a very long time do not know how to cope with it.

Prime example, Overeem. He's traded wins and losses his entire career and has fought the best of the best in his class undoubtedly and he is to this day not only dangerous but also a contender. He's learned to deal with losses plain and simple.

Aldo can probably still get a good amount of wins in the rest of his career but unfortunately he will no longer be the same after not 1 terrible loss, not 2 terrible losses but 3 lopsided losses with 2 in a row. He will probably get more tentative and randomly reckless.

If he does fight Stephens I could see him getting ko'd, Jeremy has also accepted his losses and he's riding a big high right now with nothing much to lose but aldo is on a low and he has to do something big and potentially reckless to try and claw his way back. It may not end well.

Conor took his soul, most fighters are never themselves after losing to the person they truly want to beat and are overly emotionally invested in,

This guy gets it.

People don't realize how much emotion play a part in the fight game. Many are always claiming they fought cans or they believed in their own hype or it was the steroids helping them. Fact is fighters that have never lost of have not lost in a very long time do not know how to cope with it.

Prime example, Overeem. He's traded wins and losses his entire career and has fought the best of the best in his class undoubtedly and he is to this day not only dangerous but also a contender. He's learned to deal with losses plain and simple.

Aldo can probably still get a good amount of wins in the rest of his career but unfortunately he will no longer be the same after not 1 terrible loss, not 2 terrible losses but 3 lopsided losses with 2 in a row. He will probably get more tentative and randomly reckless.

If he does fight Stephens I could see him getting ko'd, Jeremy has also accepted his losses and he's riding a big high right now with nothing much to lose but aldo is on a low and he has to do something big and potentially reckless to try and claw his way back. It may not end well.

lmao such bullshit. Aldo recovered from that fight fine and put on his best performance ever in the Edgar rematch

Yup. I mean...it's not like Frankie Edgar, Cub Swanson, Chad Mendes, Mark Hominick, KZ, KenFlo, Faber, etc have ever been known to have any bit of stand-up skills.

He needs to man the fuck up and fight a real warrior instead of these nobodies ranked top 1-5 (at the time of fight).

Last edited:
Back