Aldo vs Pettis / GSP vs Silva / Jones vs Cain. Who'd have the best chance of becoming a 2 div champ?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Who would have the best chance of becoming a 2 division champ? And the worst chance? Rank them from most likely to least likely to become a 2 division champ and what makes you think that.

Aldo vs Pettis
GSP vs Silva
Jones vs Cain.

tumblr_mgbz09c9wY1ry1rm7o1_250.gif
vs
JTWDISe.gif

tumblr_m9cjikFiXX1ry1rm7o1_250.gif
vs
giphy.gif

FrailKindheartedHalcyon.gif
vs
bb82d-1.gif

Aldo would 100% beat Pettis
Silva would 100% KO GSP stiff
Jones vs Prime Cain is a toss up

#1 Aldo
#2Jones
#3 GSP

Who would have the best chance of becoming a 2 division champ? And the worst chance? Rank them from most likely to least likely to become a 2 division champ.

Aldo vs Pettis
GSP vs Silva
Jones vs Cain.

vs
JTWDISe.gif

vs
giphy.gif

vs
bb82d-1.gif

That's actually tough one.

Pound for pound, I think
GSP > Silva
Jones > Cain
Aldo > Pettis...

especially GSP would be on paper Silva's nightmare match up of all time if they were the same size.

Jones vs Cain
Anderson in his prime was better than GSP
Aldo vs Pettis is a toss up on any given night.

Of those options, clearly Aldo.

Hed likely be the only lighter weight guy thatd have been a favorite

That's actually tough one.

Pound for pound, I think
GSP > Silva
Jones > Cain
Aldo > Pettis...

especially GSP would be on paper Silva's nightmare match up of all time if they were the same size.
I understood the question that the lighter guy, in their primes, are moving up to challenge...since all the examples were real possibilities at those times.

Again, That Aldo was a killer. Size difference wasn't much, compared to tge other matchups

Aldo easily. The rest are upsets. Aldo would have been a clear favourite against Pettis and there is no size difference either.

Aldo 100%
Jones 80%
Then not to sure on GSP vs Silva both very different styles but would've loved to see GSP submit Silva.

I like this because Dana just plainly didn't want that happening when these guys were champs, aside from GSP vs Silva.

But yeah, weight for the fight absolutely matters. Even if I were to think Silva was better than GSP, if we were talking about 2 weight division champs I'd give GSP more chance of beating Silva at middleweight than I would Silva actually being able to cut to welterweight and then beating GSP there. Would give him a slightly better chance of moving up to fight Jones, even as unlikely as that would have been.

Same thing with Cain and Jones. Even if Cain would probably maul Jones 4 out of 5 times, but that's still a better chance that Cain becoming LHW champ.

Aldo would beat Pettis in whatever weight class he wanted. Aldo 100%

Who would have the best chance of becoming a 2 division champ? And the worst chance? Rank them from most likely to least likely to become a 2 division champ and what makes you think that.

Aldo vs Pettis
GSP vs Silva
Jones vs Cain.

vs
JTWDISe.gif

vs
giphy.gif

vs
bb82d-1.gif
Aldo is a baddddd matchup for Pettis. I've still never figured out if Pettis had his spirit broken or if he has no heart.. either way, I see Aldo destroying him. Aldo is a top 5 ATG.

Prime Silva vs GSP is a toss up... two of the best ever in MMA. Top 5 GOAT's. GSP is the most complete fighter known to man that can adjust to any situation. If he knows what's best though, he would wrestle Silva. Silva was just too flashy with his standup back then. IDRK if it's fair to pick, because, I like both of them, but I would say GSP grinds out a decision using his wrestling.

Healthy Sea level Cain beats Jon Jones. out of anyone, ever, Cain is the man I could see dethroning Jones. I've always said Cain and a Prime Anderson Silva have the absolute best chance out of anyone to beat him. more so Cain than Silva, but still. Cain hits way harder than DC, and has a relentless type of pressure that just folds people mentally. I would say Cain by UD probably, just given that Jones has an iron chin (doesn't mean he can't be finished though)

{<huh}
You gotta pick GSP bro.
You're not sherdogging right.
It's early dude. I still haven't put on my Hayabusa gi, Japanese headband or new GSP workboots yet. I'll edit it a bit later.
1520192246897.jpg

Aldo easily. The rest are upsets. Aldo would have been a clear favourite against Pettis and there is no size difference either.
Yeah, 5'7 is no different than 5'10.

GSP is a nightmare match up for Anderson. Would have his way with him the whole fight, wouldn't stupidly get submitted a la Chael Sonnen.

Aldo is just a way better fighter than Pettis. Would most likely win without too much trouble.

Not sold on Jones performing really well at HW. Prime Cain mauls him imo.

Aldo is a baddddd matchup for Pettis. I've still never figured out if Pettis had his spirit broken or if he has no heart.. either way, I see Aldo destroying him. Aldo is a top 5 ATG.

Prime Silva vs GSP is a toss up... two of the best ever in MMA. Top 5 GOAT's. GSP is the most complete fighter known to man that can adjust to any situation. If he knows what's best though, he would wrestle Silva. Silva was just too flashy with his standup back then. IDRK if it's fair to pick, because, I like both of them, but I would say GSP grinds out a decision using his wrestling.

Healthy Sea level Cain beats Jon Jones. out of anyone, ever, Cain is the man I could see dethroning Jones. I've always said Cain and a Prime Anderson Silva have the absolute best chance out of anyone to beat him. more so Cain than Silva, but still. Cain hits way harder than DC, and has a relentless type of pressure that just folds people mentally. I would say Cain by UD probably, just given that Jones has an iron chin (doesn't mean he can't be finished though)

No heart wtf? Only been stopped by Max who just flurried on him until the ref called it and Poirier when he fucked up his ribs

He stayed in there for 25 minutes and took an absolute beating from RDA and never looked to get out of there.

Back