Aldo should be main event!

Calipwnia

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Nothing at all against Eddie and Dustin but Aldo is a legend that is still relevant in 145. Stephens also brings a lot value to he fight. While Dustin Eddie is an awesome fight for top contender, why is it main event because Aldo Stephens is also a top contender fight?

No he shouldnt be , i like to see aldo in a 3-rounder since he has some real problems with his gas tank now

Aldo vs Stephens is not a top contender fight

Why would you think that?

Holloway KO'd Aldo twice in a row

nah, dustin eddie is better for a 5 rounder.

anyway, aldo always tanks in 5 round fights and buts on mediocre fights.

Aldo vs Stephens is not a top contender fight

Why would you think that?

Holloway KO'd Aldo twice in a row
I understand Holloway beat Aldo twice but Aldo is no 2 and Stephens is no 4. Aldo is still contender if he wins

It's a damn good fight. i like it better than Alvarez vs Poirier 2, but I think Alvarez is a bigger name these days.

Alvarez/Poirer guarantees more excitement and is more built for a five round fight.

No, he's not. Not as long as Max is champ.

For all we know, Holloway had some serious stuff that happened to him. If it's related to concussions, he may have to sit on the shelf for a long time or even retire. If it was related to his weight cut, he might have to move up. Even a cut to 155lbs was to much for him when he was scheduled to fight Khabib (ok, short notice, but a FW shouldn't have trouble cutting to LW).

No he shouldnt be , i like to see aldo in a 3-rounder since he has some real problems with his gas tank now
He don't have problems with his gas tank. He has problems with legit new breed 45'ers. He was fine vs Frankie but got rekt vs Conor and Max. They are just better fighters than him and that is fine. The game moves on.

it will benefit aldo to have a few 3 rounders for a change imo. he can worry less about tiring out and unload on his opponent for 15 minutes instead. kinda excited to see how he'll look.

I love Aldo, he's one of my favorites ever... But he got KOed by Holloway two times in a row last year. His fight with Stephens should not main event over DP and Alvarez

I love to watch Aldo fight. Never miss a bout. Let him ply his trade on TV and operate under less pressure. He's a legend in my eyes.

Back