Aldo said he wants to wait for a possible late replacement for Max vs Ortega fight

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
http://forum.portaldovt.com.br/foru...-cobrir-eventual-buraco-em-disputa-de-título/

In short, Aldo says:
* "If anything happens in the Max vs Ortega fight, I want to be ready to step up."

* "if the Max vs Ortega fight actually happens, I want to move up and try LW"

(talksabout Moicano calling him out)
* "Moicano is a normal guy who is on a rise, and wants to move up the rankings like other fighters do"

I think it´s the right move for Aldo, to focus on making weight for a possible late replacement in the title fight. I like his chances against Ortega.

ContentPeacefulAntelopegroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

War Aldo!!!

Ha and what if it's Ortega that doesn't make weight or gets injured?

Max Aldo 3?
<31>

Aldo dude... just move up to 55 and have some bangers

Regardless of outcome, Aldo vs Ortega would be one hell of a fight.

The real news here is that he said he wants to move up.

Could you imagine Aldo against Khabib?

Ha and what if it's Ortega that doesn't make weight or gets injured?

Max Aldo 3?
<31>
Personally I don´t really care how many times they fight, their two fights were amazing. And they´re both incredible fighters, so.... War Aldo!

If Ortega wins aldo should stay at 145. He matches up well with him

Anyone as rangy and durable as Ortega can be a problem for Aldo. on the other hand, Ortega is slow-handed, slow-footed, and will never get close to landing a TD on Aldo. It's a winnable fight.

If Ortega wins aldo should stay at 145. He matches up well with him
I agree, and I like Ortega's chances against Max, obviously Max is the favourite standing, but I think Ortega would be able to survive on the feet and use his bjj at some point in the fight.

Jose vs Max should never be sanctioned again lol.

http://forum.portaldovt.com.br/forum/index.php?/topic/186532-aldo-recusa-desafio-de-‘moicano’-e-se-oferece-para-cobrir-eventual-buraco-em-disputa-de-título/

In short, Aldo says:
* "If anything happens in the Max vs Ortega fight, I want to be ready to step up."

* "if the Max vs Ortega fight actually happens, I want to move up and try LW"

(talksabout Moicano calling him out)
* "Moicano is a normal guy who is on a rise, and wants to move up the rankings like other fighters do"

I think it´s the right move for Aldo, to focus on making weight for a possible late replacement in the title fight. I like his chances against Ortega.

ContentPeacefulAntelopegroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

War Aldo!!!
I think it is good that fighters have this mentality, of being ready for the call (if it comes).
But only if it is Max who pulls. (I don't think anyone will want to see 3 straight fights of Max & Aldo for the belt).

But overall, I would like if ALdo made the leap to 155 already. There are some great fights for him there!

I would love for Aldo to move up before he retires.

That's what i figured. Aldo is competitive against almost all of LW top guys, especially in 3 round fights.

If he re-signs, i'd love to see Aldo vs Eddie. I'd favor Aldo, and a win would put him right up there quickly.

Just go to 155 for god's sake

Fresh matchups, less weight to cut and the champ hasn't knocked you out twice

Mma is at su h a state that him waiting for one of them tocdrop out last minute is actually not a bad idea.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Max destroy Aldo again

Back