Aldo is the most boring UFC champ

What a stupid thread, Aldo has the highest finish ratio amongst any champion, and has not even come close to getting beat. Comparing Aldo to GSP is even more retarded considering GSP has the highest ratio of wins by decision.

Sherdog is ridiculous, there's actually another thread about Varner being retarded for trying to go for the finish, and this thread on how Aldo failed to get the finish. You keyboard warriors kill these forums.

That was really hard to watch.

Especially against Lamas, those kicks he threw out were laughably slow, weak and telegraphed. He was also scared of Aldo's hands, yet Jose did nothing to truly capitalize.

To whom does the quote in your signature belong?

I mean seriously, guy just pisses me off. Cuts a shit ton of weight, dwarves everyone, pointfights for 3 rounds, gasses and then tries to either lay n pray or wall n stall in the other two.

GSP fought safe, but this is a whole other level.

waaaaaaa waaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

GTFO

Jon jones fights the same exact way. So did barao against faber, and mcdonald. Gsp did, hendricks will, cain fought jds against the cage. When money is on the line, you bet theyre gonna fight safer.

lol when has jones ever fought safe. he even has two round 4 finishes where he dominated rounds 1-3 and didnt need to do anything but survive

Sherdog is ridiculous, there's actually another thread about Varner being retarded for trying to go for the finish, and this thread on how Aldo failed to get the finish. You keyboard warriors kill these forums.

How is that contradictory or ridiculous, when they were posted by two different people. Different opinions on an internet forum... go figure.

I mean seriously, guy just pisses me off. Cuts a shit ton of weight, dwarves everyone, pointfights for 3 rounds, gasses and then tries to either lay n pray or wall n stall in the other two.

Agreed. Aldo hype train should be sponsored by Sleep Train at this point. Z's for days.

When he IS active his technique is beautiful, though.

Skill-wise Aldo is one of the best but I do agree that he's over-rated in terms of excitement value. Most of his UFC fights have been very blah.

TS, please do show us your record of exciting fights. If you don't have a record of exciting fights, please do something about this horrible problem and start fighting, until you climb the ranks and become THE MOST EXCITING UFC CHAMPION.

I'm really just hoping videos surface of you getting your skull smashed in....

but c'mon... what's that famous inspirational quote from Ghandi?

collection-mahatma-gandhi-quotes-36963.jpg

What a stupid thread, Aldo has the highest finish ratio amongst any champion, and has not even come close to getting beat. Comparing Aldo to GSP is even more retarded considering GSP has the highest ratio of wins by decision.

Velasquez, Jones, and Weidman all have higher finishing rates than Aldo. And Edgar came very close to beating him (and arguably did).

I don't personally mind Aldo but there are ways to go about defending him without being full of shit and spreading lies.

probably cause he has no exciting competition in the 145 division. either face cub swanson again(lol) or move up to lightweight

His striking looked great, his first three rounds were perfect.

Yea he really perfected the same left hook to the body-leg kick combo. I think WEC Aldo needs to be added to the list of Healthy Shogun, Chuck with the look in his eyes, Motivated Penn, etc. because UFC Aldo is boring and not the killer he was back then.

How is that contradictory or ridiculous, when they were posted by two different people. Different opinions on an internet forum... go figure.

My point is that you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. People are acting like Aldo didn't do anything at all, when in reality he dominated. On the flip side people are complaining on another thread that Varner was stupid for not playing it safe.

These are all silly complaints, especially when it's coming from people who probably never fought a day in their lives.

*champion finishes somebody*

"OH SHALLOW WEIGHT CLASS! HES FIGHTING CANS"

*champion dominates tough challengers*

"GET THAT FKER OUT OF THERE! DECIsIONs "insert name"! SO BORING!!11!!"

Sherlogic at it's finest. Sad how accurate that is.

Back