Aldo is the most boring UFC champ

He's not boring.

Entertainment is something used by the hater when he has nothing else to belittle the fighter with.

When a great champion has seemingly no flaws, how do you go about bashing him?
You say he is boring.

I watched Aldo fight live, and I was sincerely in awe of his skills, timing, rhythm, cage awareness, reflexes, combos, etc. To call that boring is almost an insult. In no way was any of that boring. If anyone does consider that boring, they have limited knowledge of how the fight game works.

I thought you meant as far as personality.

I think Cain has him beat as "Most Boring". Have you seen an interview with that guy?

The average fan's expectation has obviously developed completely opposite to the sport's level of competition. Fans expect brutal domination and finishes when the level of comp is improving to the point that opposition can't be put away with go-for-broke aggression, or at least not consistently.

There was nothing boring about Aldo's fight, his performance, or his style in general. He countered beautifully and dominated him for four rounds. Lamas is elite as they come for contenders and he had nothing for Aldo until he gassed in the fifth.

GSP hate for his conservative approach to winning is understandable, but I honestly can't see why Aldo gets the same criticism.

Instead of focusing on how Aldo gassed and couldn't mount too much offense, shouldn't you appreciate Lamas' ability to wear all that punishment and still win the fifth?

It just goes to show that it's infinitely easier to speculate on how you would do things differently when your work rate, training, health, record and legacy aren't on the line.

Well deserved dubs.

They were for something completely different(harassing a person on their wall LOL). Mods agree with me, they just aren't allowed to say it cause there's dark forces at work in the world.

They were for something completely different(harassing a person on their wall LOL). Mods agree with me, they just aren't allowed to say it cause there's dark forces at work in the world.

The only people who agree with you are 'fans' who don't actually appreciate MMA; in the sense of a MMA as a sport, anyway. Which it is.

The 'Just Bleed Breed' ideology gets thrown around a lot, but threads like this really affirm to me that the mainstream appeal of the sport is still stuck in the NHB days.

Which defending champ is exciting then? Just Jones and Cain? You realise Cain implemented a safe strategy against JDS, right? Close the distance, tie-up, throw a quick combination, repeat. He wore JDS out and hurt him enough that he got the finish, but it's not going to work against some opponents.

Shouldn't he just have stood toe-to-toe and exchanged until one dropped then?

So there's no one boring? Well, except GSP, right? Shit, GSP fights had 10 times more action than Aldo's recent fights. Anyone who ever said that GSP is boring is a phuckin just bleed fan! Right?

Lets be honest, you're all shitting on me for one reason; cause it's Aldo.

Oh well, if he continues like this, I'll be sure to bump this thread after his next few fights once everyone starts calling him boring.

So there's no one boring? Well, except GSP, right? Shit, GSP fights had 10 times more action than Aldo's recent fights. Anyone who ever said that GSP is boring is a phuckin just bleed fan! Right?

Lets be honest, you're all shitting on me for one reason; cause it's Aldo.

Oh well, if he continues like this, I'll be sure to bump this thread after his next few fights once everyone starts calling him boring.

I don't find GSP boring. Some of his fights though, he genuinely stalls during periods where he should be looking to pass, posture up and rain on some punishment. Go for an arm, ect.

He had a very slow transition to a methodical gameplan that eventually concentrated entirely on maintaining control as opposed to advancing position and offence.

Aldo was battering legs and stinging with punch combinations. He also looked for advancing things when he had a chance - throwing stiffer punches and targetings damaged legs.

It worked to a tee. It just so happened that Lamas is in the same ball park as Frankie in that he couldn't give a shit about punishment.

One guy applying a beating to another guy who shrugs it off usually makes for a good fight. I really don't think we watch the same Aldo fights.

Yeah, it's really boring see a guy who is able to dismantle most of their opponents attacks whilst battering them with extremely accurate striking. If you don't like combat sports. If not, the guy is a great champion. What you call boredom, in the octagon is called dominancy.

Used to be a massive fan of Aldo, he was literally the LAST person id expect to play it safe and point fight.

Back