Aldo: "Im focused on MMA again. These two loses lit a new fire in me to go after the belt"

If Aldo gets the belt back to become a 3X champ, he’ll be the undisputed GOAT.

War Aldo!

3 round fight, boys. Aldo SHOULD starch Stephens. This fight is tailor made for him to thrive. If he doesn’t, perhaps the sport has passed him by.

The interview is in portuguese. But im posting either way. This is just a snippet. Full interview is still to come out.

"Im not thinking about fighting in boxing anymore, im focused on MMA. These two loses lit a new fire in me to go after the belt again. Maybe in the future. Right now im only thinking about MMA and winning again.

I think this match up(with jeremy stephens) is really good. The fans win. Both guys are really agressive and always move forward. His style is good for my kind of game. His body type is good for me. Im used to this kind of fight. So for me is great. Im looking forward to it."

Will aldo be able to say "i back" after this fight?

Historically, Brazilian fighters are really bad interviews...

Doesn't he say this after every fight?

Either way I'll see it live, but I don't see old aldo coming back.

I disagree.
Beating Conor was a good motivation for him.
Fighting Max was just one more fight. For his rematch, he was training for llamas.

I think that if COnor would have had the balls to rematch Aldo, Aldo would have been in a very different mindset than against Max.
Training for llamas aye? Unfair species advantage.

He's been saying he's focused on going after the belt since he lost it, which is fine, just please stop repeating it over and over.

I don't know about it but sure bring back WEC Aldo please and thank you.

Oh I see, a "fire". No fire after losing your last three fights to Conor and Max?

8 years undefeated 9 title defenses FW G.O.A.T.

Call it a day please Jose your time has been and gone.

Nah, it doesn’t change anything.

Soccer legends lose their starting jobs in the big leagues and often play their final seasons in a small time league.
Italian great, Alessandro del Piero, spent his final season in Delhi, India, playing in the Indian league. Nobody claims that “he got figured out”, or that whatever youngster took his starting job at Juventus “is better than any version of him”.

It’s not some old fighter that “didn’t evolve”.
It’s the legions of brainless MMA fans that need to evolve and understand the aging process.

Dumb fuck needed to take that huge 2nd payday against Conor. Now he's probably gonna get beat up by the young lions for another decade for pennies.

Classic speech after a guy fall from the top.

He can win, but his time is done. He was the greatest FW but MMA is ruthless, very hard to stay on top for long.

You may be right, but for accomplishing what he has, he is still very young. would really like to see some old Aldo again.

Was unbeaten from 2005-2015, that's a span of 10 years.

He lost in 2005 and 2015 though, so thats 2006 to 2014 unbeaten, I'm no math wiz but I do have enough fingers to get close enough.

I actually believe Aldo can beat Holloway with the right gameplan.. AKA point fighting.

i have a feeling he will be like a gatekeeper to the 145 belt now
never earns another shot himself, but to be #1 contender, u must now beat aldo.
he was great, now he is good.

Back