Aldo has fought once since Dec. 2015; Conor has fought 3x since then

no my point still stands, Aldo ducked the first fight and ducked the rematch. thats two ducks. fights once a year if you're lucky

You have no point when all you can do is back up your empty opinions with more empty opinions.

Go back to your juice box and graham cracker, other people are waiting to use the community computer.

You know that whole year where he just held the belt and kept talking about eventually defending, but never did?

Yes, he kept the belt for a year. But he kept talking about fighting for the LW title, first against RDA, then against Alvarez. In that year, Aldo was offered a rematch but I don't think he was owed one.

I an understand the complaint that he should have been stripped earlier, but I don't see how he owed Aldo anything. He was fighting at LW, and when Aldo was offered a LW bout at the last minute, he refused.

Come on Inga, I expect something like this from Der but I always thought you were a good poster with some common sense
Common sense is always defined as agreeing with the one talking abut common sense. My sense of this whole affair is that half the fans ccriticize Aldo rightfully and the other half criticize McGregor rightfully. Few are interested in doing both. It was ridiculous for McGregor to hold onto the belt when he had no intention of returning to FW, but when you KO the FW GOAT, you're going to get away with it.

But Aldo and his fans have displayed a baseless sense of entitlement. This is why I took exception to your claim (or whoever it was) that McGregor owed Aldo a fight. That's bull. It was on Aldo to chase that fight, not on McGregor to hand it to him.

You have no point when all you can do is back up your empty opinions with more empty opinions.

Go back to your juice box and graham cracker, other people are waiting to use the community computer.

I take your insults as a sign of a defeat. Aldo is the king of ducking and not fighting. Everyone knows this

Yes, he kept the belt for a year. But he kept talking about fighting for the LW title, first against RDA, then against Alvarez. In that year, Aldo was offered a rematch but I don't think he was owed one.

I an understand the complaint that he should have been stripped earlier, but I don't see how he owed Aldo anything. He was fighting at LW, and when Aldo was offered a LW bout at the last minute, he refused.

Common sense is always defined as agreeing with the one talking abut common sense. My sense of this whole affair is that half the fans ccriticize Aldo rightfully and the other half criticize McGregor rightfully. Few are interested in doing both. It was ridiculous for McGregor to hold onto the belt when he had no intention of returning to FW, but when you KO the FW GOAT, you're going to get away with it.

But Aldo and his fans have displayed a baseless sense of entitlement. This is why I took exception to your claim (or whoever it was) that McGregor owed Aldo a fight. That's bull. It was on Aldo to chase that fight, not on McGregor to hand it to him.

I never said he OWED Aldo a rematch. The argument I was having with Der was that he was saying Aldo didn't deserve a rematch because he only won 1 fight since losing to Conor while completely ignoring the fact that 1 win was for the interim title and the winner was told they'd get to fight Conor.

Where are the spam threads saying Jose is a coward?

Where are the spam threads saying Aldo needs to defend?

Just more evidence the haters will go through great lengths of delusion to come up with reasons to discredit Conor.

Aldo won his paper belt in July of last year. His fight with Max is in June. So ONE defense in a year. Where are all the people bitching about that? Conor won his belt 6 months ago. Look at the delusional double standard.

aldo-mcgregor-ufc-fight-gif-2.gif

conor-disrupts-jab-bypasses-left-hook.gif

conor-drops-alvarez.gif

Keep crying.
lol SO salty...lol different level type of saltyits ppl like u that make other ppl not like conor...most ppl actually like him but then u got a jackass like u that make ppl cringe. #stay salty

McGregor - 2.66 fights per year, the majority of which were 3 rounders, half being against European nobodies.

Aldo - 2.15 fights per year, half of which were 5 rounders against the best in the world.

You are comparing someone's output of taking 3 round contender fights vs. someone who is taking 5 round fights at the pinnacle of the sport. The claim of equivalence doesn't bear because the similarity is based on oversimplification or ignorance of additional factors, ie "nuance".

McGregor has a whopping half-a-fight per year more than Aldo, none of which were title defenses, and the majority being 3 rounders. Your statement of "habitually busier" relies on a reduction of significant elements that comprise the fight game.

It's also "beyond dispute" that both a snail and a dog are biological creatures. This tells us nothing about how those creatures differ.

A half fight a year more is significant In this case it is something like 25% more often. And as I pointed out, since McGregor has been signing deals for five round fights, he's still outpaced Aldo. I don't see why it is so controversial that McGregor is busier than Aldo, a notoriously infrequent fighter.

Also, Aldo has had only two years in his career with more than two fights. McGregor has had five, including after winning a title.

I never said he OWED Aldo a rematch. The argument I was having with Der was that he was saying Aldo didn't deserve a rematch because he only won 1 fight since losing to Conor while completely ignoring the fact that 1 win was for the interim title and the winner was told they'd get to fight Conor.
Conor owing McGregor a rematch certainly seemed like your implication. If I misunderstood, my apologies. As far as the interim belt, I agree with you that if McGregor remained at FW, his next fight should have been against Edgar (before Edgar vs Aldo 2) or against Aldo (after Edgar vs Aldo 2).

A half fight a year more is significant In this case it is something like 25% more often. And as I pointed out, since McGregor has been signing deals for five round fights, he's still outpaced Aldo. I don't see why it is so controversial that McGregor is busier than Aldo, a notoriously infrequent fighter.

Also, Aldo has had only two years in his career with more than two fights. McGregor has had five, including after winning a title.

Sure, if you want to oversimplify fights just as fights, then we agree, which is a point that literally means nothing.

I however recognize that there are significant factors, which you choose to ignore, in what determines the composition of a fight and/or record. Especially at the higher levels.

Saying that Conor has signed more "deals" since winning his title is irrelevant - signing a "deal" when you aren't risking your title is different than putting your championship status on the line.

When Conor has 10 title defenses, and fights more than twice a year doing that, then you can make an apt comparison.

Sure, if you want to oversimplify fights just as fights, then we agree, which is a point that literally means nothing.

I however recognize that there are significant factors, which you choose to ignore, in what determines the composition of a fight and/or record. Especially at the higher levels.

Saying that Conor has signed more "deals" since winning his title is irrelevant - signing a "deal" when you aren't risking your title is different than putting your championship status on the line.

When Conor has 10 title defenses, and fights more than twice a year doing that, then you can make an apt comparison.

When Aldo actually challenges for a title in the UFC, then you can make an apt comparison

If Aldo wins at 212, he will have one defense in a year. Why are you crying for Conor to defend but not Aldo?
Common sense, try and use it sometime -

Jose/Max tried to fight sooner, Max had obligiations. It does suck that it took this long but they are both actively preparing to fight each other. Jose is injury prone, no one can deny that.

Conor has already ruined one division by winning a title and never coming back, and now he's in the process of doing it again. There is a very suitable guy for him to face in Tony Ferguson, he is hungry for that fight.

Conor can't do an MMA camp/defend his title why he waits for May/Mac?

"But if he loses his UFC gold he won't get 100$ million!! Wah wah"! Is an argument I see a lot, well tough shit. The UFC LW belt isn't a piece of jewelry created to increase one mans money earning potential. Shit or get off the pot.

I'm not ignoring the difference between five round fights and three rounders, nor am I disregarding the difference between title fights and non-title fights. I've mentioned multiple times that McGregor is still busier than Aldo after winning a title and then taking three more five round fights in a year including two additional title fights.

The reason signing fights came up, and the reason it matter is this context, is because while McGregor's first fight with Nate wasn't a title fight, it was a last minute replacement for a title fight. McGregor is busier without a belt, and McGregor is also busier with a belt.

I think there are plenty of areas where Aldo is better than McGregor, but aggressive scheduling is just obviously not one of them.

It's Der Eisbar guys, dude is from Boise, give the inbred hick a break.

Uhhhh.... my mom and dad are both college grads. My mom is from southern california, my dad from Arizona. I was born in Phoenix. Go fuck yourself. And please stay out of Idaho. We've had enough commiefornia refugees come here already.

I'm not ignoring the difference between five round fights and three rounders, nor am I disregarding the difference between title fights and non-title fights. I've mentioned multiple times that McGregor is still busier than Aldo after winning a title and then taking three more five round fights in a year including two additional title fights.

The reason signing fights came up, and the reason it matter is this context, is because while McGregor's first fight with Nate wasn't a title fight, it was a last minute replacement for a title fight. McGregor is busier without a belt, and McGregor is also busier with a belt.

I think there are plenty of areas where Aldo is better than McGregor, but aggressive scheduling is just obviously not one of them.

Ignoring the variables that comprise the "scheduling of fights" is where you lose me. Until those variables are consistent, I just don't see how you can make a valid comparison.

I hope you never mistake feces for chocolate ice cream, since they are both brown and creamy.

Ignoring the variables that comprise the "scheduling of fights" is where you lose me. Until those variables are consistent, I just don't see how you can make a valid comparison.

I hope you never mistake feces for chocolate ice cream, since they are both brown.

1. What variables do you think I am ignoring?

2. Don't insult me as stupid, you're the one who thinks a fighter who fights less than another fighter isn't a less busy fighter. That is not a sensible position on its face.

Can you imagine the change in atmosphere if Conor even agreed to fight?

Use your brain.
I don't remember Conor pulling out of a fight ever let alone multiple fights like Aldo.

Use your brain.

Back