Aldo > Frankie > Khabib (stylistically)

Or his cardio. Frankie will drag you into deep water pretty quickly.

I
If it's three rounds then Khabib can last. He has not gassed so far and even looks energetic after the fact.

However this is Frankie, if anyone could do it it's him. In my opinion Khabib can pull it off with quite a bit of difficulty.

60%: Frankie wins
40%: Khabib wins

Depending on if Khabib can fight TFreg or Barboza and win, then I'd give the edge to Khabib. I just think we need to see how he fairs againsts some top 5 fighters or some WW fighters before we make a definite call on this.

Honestly people are more critical about him right now because of him not making Ferg fight and are using that a reason to down play what he's capable of. I think he can do very well at LW. How well depends on his next fight and how well he can make weight now. If he spent time naturally cutting some muscle mass the cut would be a breeze.

Khabib vs Aldo would be a freak show and little Aldo would get stomped. Have you seen the size difference for god's sake?

I like frankie but he lost to Maynard and Benson. He's not beating kebab.

Technically Frankie is a much more skilled boxer. It's not even close.

RDA has better kicks but still overall Frankie is better.

RDAs fights against Pettis and Cowboy show how how good of a grappler he is and how his threat of a TD and cardio help his overall game.

In no way does it show he is a better striker than Frankie.
I'm not saying Frankie beats RDA.

I'm just saying I think it's hard to objectively say that RDA is a more technical striker than Frankie.

I'm not saying who would win or who has beaten their opponents more decisively (although that's subjective anyway) I'm saying a pure comparison of striking.

We'll just have differing opinions then my man.

Khabib vs Aldo would be a freak show and little Aldo would get stomped. Have you seen the size difference for god's sake?

Aldo's TDD and boxing/striking would have Khabib rushing in, getting hit, diving for sloppy takedowns, and gassing out.

Even if he takes Aldo down, Aldo's getting up within a second.

Aldo's TDD and boxing/striking would have Khabib rushing in, getting hit, diving for sloppy takedowns, and gassing out.

Even if he takes Aldo down, Aldo's getting up within a second.
Two Questions. Just curious.

1)Why exactly do you think Aldo will get up so easily? Khabib is heavier and great at pinning people down.

2) Do you actually think his takedowns are sloppy? Not trying to start shit or anything but the guy has won 4 world class grappling tournaments. I don't think sloppy is the way to describe his takedowns.

Now the gap in striking is the big issue for Khabib. If he is reckless he can get hurt pretty badly. As for Aldo's TDD...yeah that is a monster for any grappler. However, Mendes managed it and his resume is not quite as impressive as Khabib's when it comes to his ground game.

I think the fight would actually be somewhat competitive. Aldo is not used to tangoing with guys Khabib's size so you can't know what difference that will make.

The fight would be fun to see.

The difference is I am overjoyed to lose!

You're a big fan of Aldo, right?
I do like aldo... he's not one of my favorite fighters but it bugs me how disrespected he is around here and I always find myself standing up for him

If it's three rounds then Khabib can last. He has not gassed so far and even looks energetic after the fact.

However this is Frankie, if anyone could do it it's him. In my opinion Khabib can pull it off with quite a bit of difficulty.

60%: Frankie wins
40%: Khabib wins

Depending on if Khabib can fight TFreg or Barboza and win, then I'd give the edge to Khabib. I just think we need to see how he fairs againsts some top 5 fighters or some WW fighters before we make a definite call on this.

Honestly people are more critical about him right now because of him not making Ferg fight and are using that a reason to down play what he's capable of. I think he can do very well at LW. How well depends on his next fight and how well he can make weight now. If he spent time naturally cutting some muscle mass the cut would be a breeze.

This makes sense.

I'm not sure how much muscle Khabib has to lose though. Hes definitely pushing the limit with his cut.

This makes sense.

I'm not sure how much muscle Khabib has to lose though. Hes definitely pushing the limit with his cut.
Gsp says that they're about the same so Khabib walks around in the upper 180s. So he'd need to lose at least 10 pounds with the new weight cutting rules.

I do like aldo... he's not one of my favorite fighters but it bugs me how disrespected he is around here and I always find myself standing up for him
Nothing wrong with that. Aldo's pretty amazing.

The reason I mentioned him is because some of the key attributes Aldo possesses which make him a bad match for Frankie - fast feet, excellent jab, long reach - are also possessed by Conor. Conor's jab isn't spectacular, but he has his straight left which is long, accurate and much more powerful. He's very fast, especially early. And he has great timing, which I think helps to negate Frankie's striking. That's key because one of Frankie's best attributes which makes him so effective is his chaining of striking into wrestling.

Conor lacks Aldo's godlike TDD, but has better power and even more range in his strikes. Obviously if Frankie got a hold of him it would get ugly fast, but I doubt Conor fights with the abandon he showed against Mendes.

Aldo would stuff the takedowns until Khabib gassed. Frankie vs. Khabin would be hood

Khabib would beat both. Frankie is to small and Aldo would get mauled on the ground.

The reason I mentioned him is because some of the key attributes Aldo possesses which make him a bad match for Frankie - fast feet, excellent jab, long reach - are also possessed by Conor. Conor's jab isn't spectacular, but he has his straight left which is long, accurate and much more powerful. He's very fast, especially early. And he has great timing, which I think helps to negate Frankie's striking. That's key because one of Frankie's best attributes which makes him so effective is his chaining of striking into wrestling.

Conor lacks Aldo's godlike TDD, but has better power and even more range in his strikes. Obviously if Frankie got a hold of him it would get ugly fast, but I doubt Conor fights with the abandon he showed against Mendes.
Agreed with a lot of that which is what makes you a great poster

Thing is Aldo's TDD over proven top competition is what has made him goat for so many years... Conor I feel has been gifted with favorable matchups, and Frankie is durable and quick enough to set up tds against him. Conor would be on his back every round and blasted with gnp... Frankie's tdd and especially his jitz isn't on the level of yair and we saw how that worked out

TLDR... styles make fights and Frankie's TDs, footwork and durability is a style we haven't seen Conor against. And I don't believe he would do well

Agreed with a lot of that which is what makes you a great poster

Thing is Aldo's TDD over proven top competition is what has made him goat for so many years... Conor I feel has been gifted with favorable matchups, and Frankie is durable and quick enough to set up tds against him. Conor would be on his back every round and blasted with gnp... Frankie's tdd and especially his jitz isn't on the level of yair and we saw how that worked out

TLDR... styles make fights and Frankie's TDs, footwork and durability is a style we haven't seen Conor against. And I don't believe he would do well
Screenshotted - I'll be sure to remind you of this!

Had more to say but need to go back to work.

Khabib is 4-5 inches taller and 35 pounds heavier than Frankie.......

Frankie's feints would be drawing out Conor's straight left all night. Hell, Conor struggled with Nate's feints and hand games. Frankie's footwork would have Conor chasing him all night and walking into takedowns. But again we'll never get this match, and if we do, conor will wait till Frankie is 42.

Who was the last guy that Conor fought who had footwork and movement like Edgar? Max maybe? It's a huge factor that everyone over looks in that hypothetical fight.

Complete and total delusion or drugs is the only explanation for anyone who thinks RDA is a better striker than frankie.
It's just false and there's no argument for it.

RDA beat people by mixing up striking and grappling in an aggressive cardio fueled manner.

Not by his elite striking, lol you know nothing.

And Benson and Maynard both have striking skills that are leaps and bounds above Kaboob's. It's not even close.

And neither of them "out struck" Frankie at all.
Maynard hit like a truck at the time and caught Frankie.
Benson won with his ridiculous athleticism which is basically what carries him through his career, not his striking.

Aldo will get taken down by kaboob huh ?
<TrumpWrong1>

Aldo cracks kaboob with a three punch combo and a nasty leg kick everytime he sloppily stumbles forward grabbing for Aldo.

Frankie beats him, Aldo hurts him.

Kaboob is the male Ronda.

One trick pony with less than amateur striking who only has 2 decent wins on his record.

Will absolutely never be champ

Probably can't make 155 to fight much smaller guys anymore either.
Y'know when I first started commenting on sherdog forums back in 2005/2006 you never got this disrespect or this lunacy. But I will simply break it down for you. Yes Maynard was a beast at the times he embarrassed Frankie. But he still destroyed and y'know something eventually Maynard was quite simple to figure ask Nate Diaz, who oh wait got destroyed by RDA and Henderson. You're such a Frankie mark it's unreal just because your from New Jersey and met Frankie you don't have to hold him up in some god like manner. Now there is the tiny matter of Aldo, who I presume totally didn't embarrass Frankie on the feet twice.

See my comments aren't sarcasm they are more concern for your mental well being. And yes that was needed.

Ok Aldo is a great fighter but if you care to read my earlier post properly, presuming you New Jersey folk can read anything
not

spaced

out

this.

You will see that he does have some rather gapping holes in his game that can be exploited. And ye he does have some of the greatest take down defence in all MMA but even Jones, Cormier and GSP all got taken down by great grapplers and Khabib not Khaboob is one of if not the best grappler in the UFC right now especially in the lighter divisions. And because you want to make a prediction for Aldo vs Nurmagomedov. Ahem.

They meet in the centre of the cage Aldo come forward but Khabib circles around quickly Aldo rushes again this time slightly more hesitantly oh and The Eagle takes him down with a mighty slam. Aldo is trying to scramble to his feet but Khabib is still holding him down and pounding and pounding oh and still pounding. The ref should really stop this but 2GunTommy is in the front row telling the ref it's Aldo he is soooo much better stylistically than Khaboooob but finally the ref puts Aldo out of his misery 2GunTommy runs out the arena to the Police Station to report an assault.

Anymore?

Back