Aldo Doesn't Have the Gas Tank to Hang, Will Have to Go Full WEC Aldo to Have a Chance

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Considering his full camp cardio was shite, he knows he doesn't have the gas tank (especially short notice) to hang against a guy with a pace like Holloway. His only shot in the rematch is either to do something different technically speaking (other than throw more leg kicks there isn't much to adapt on this short notice), or to try with everything to take Holloway out of there in the first or second.

We can only hope my friends. This could be epic.

If he can hold Holloway off with leg kicks or a jab, it could it be a different fight
Will be interesting to see his gas tank

If he can hold Holloway off with leg kicks or a jab, it could it be a different fight
Will be interesting to see his gas tank
I agree that leg kicks could be a factor but as far as jab, that was the gameplan the first time around and Holloway countered very effectively after he saw it like 7 times. Aldo's jab was nearly useless after about 7 minutes.

UFC 200 Aldo dominates Holloway 49-46.

Tough match up for Aldo. Max is on fire at the moment.

Last edited:
We don't have UFC 200 Aldo. We have one on short notice who just recently took a beating at the hands of the guy he's fighting.

And people say Aldo can steamroll RDA., Hilarious. With such a shit gas tank he won't be able to hold a candle in front of RDA.

It'll be a short night for short notice Aldo.

Considering his full camp cardio was shite, he knows he doesn't have the gas tank (especially short notice) to hang against a guy with a pace like Holloway. His only shot in the rematch is either to do something different technically speaking (other than throw more leg kicks there isn't much to adapt on this short notice), or to try with everything to take Holloway out of there in the first or second.

We can only hope my friends. This could be epic.
I miss WEC insane Leg Kicking Aldo, but those days have long passed. Also, saying recently in some interview I believe Aldo said he wants to kick ALOT more this time around....thanks for giving your opponent the heads up Jose...geebus. Max has Aldo's chin & number all around imo. Max wins by tko again and it pains me to say this, still......Good luck Aldo

<mma3>

We don't have UFC 200 Aldo. We have one on short notice who just recently took a beating at the hands of the guy he's fighting.
he was fighting on this card anyway so hes atleast had a camp so in regards to cardio it should be the same, game plan would be the only last minute change

Truth, It was a AWESOME fight. Max caught him in that exchange and flat lined Aldo. I feel this will happen again unfortunately, cus I like Aldo.

I agree that leg kicks could be a factor but as far as jab, that was the gameplan the first time around and Holloway countered very effectively after he saw it like 7 times. Aldo's jab was nearly useless after about 7 minutes.
Agreed but Aldo's been training with/sparring a lot of boxers IIRC

Edit: just rewatching their first fight, Aldo really did look great in the 1st rd.
This fight will come down to his gastank imo

Last edited:
He should mix things up. Takedowns, kicks, clinch work. Still, despite being a huge Aldo fan, I just think Max is too damn big for him. I like both guys. I just hope for a good scrap.

Truth, It was a AWESOME fight. Max caught him in that exchange and flat lined Aldo. I feel this will happen again unfortunately, cus I like Aldo.
yea me too, love aldo. Only positive to this happening is seeing frankie get a shot at someone but aldo.

Yes this would be amazing to see.
Just using his footwork more alone could win him this fight.

First time he fought max he did his usual standing in one place strategy.

His cardio looked excellent in his fight against Frankie, which was pretty high-paced as well. He obviously needs to make adjustments against Max to succeed. And it may just be that Max is too good of a fighter at this point in his career. The outcome is intriguing.

Aldo was already training for Lamas, his camp is only shorter by 2 weeks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Username Required LMAO
Back