Aldo asks to have his contract terminated

Crazy the amount of disrespect an all time great like Aldo gets for standing up to the bullshit the UFC has put him through.

They've lied to him repeatedly, held him back from opportunities that they're now bending over backwards to give to Conor, and trashed him personally in the lead up to the Conor fight.

And now that he stands up for himself against the UFC, something everyone agrees fighters should do more often, and people are attacking his character?

Wtf is wrong with some of you...
Welcome to the new era

Aldo should fight somewhere else. The UFC doesn't deserve him. I'm not an Aldo fan by any means but they're doing him wrong and the entire 145 lb division.

Lol. He's not holding a division hostage. He's fighting a big fight on a big card, that a person with Aldo's track record can't be trusted to headline. Aldo got an interim belt, meaning there's light at the end of the tunnel for him. He'll either get the rematch with McGregor or he'll get McGregor's belt soon enough.

I understand exactly why he is frustrated. He was told he'd get the rematch or get the belt before the Alvarez fight and now it will happen after the Alvarez fight. I'm on record many times as preferring that McGregor be stripped now. But I have enough perspective to see it isn't the calamity you and others seem to see it as.

As far as your insults go, they are baseless. You seem unused to dealing with different opinions or having the conventional wisdom challenged. I'd guess that makes you a college student. My advice is to get out of your bubble. Maybe read some books written by authors you disagree with. It's a very broadening exercise.
Again you prove your are a child

Conor is exactly precisely holding a division hostage

It's not professional

Defend the interim belt while the champ is actively fighting 3+ times??

Schedule him to fight the top contender on the same card as the FW champ is fighting (before Conor got pulled from 200 for being a brat) AGAIN?

You realize how fucking stupid that is?

And asking that of a fighter who you didn't allow the chance to make that same history?

Yeah, can't imagine why Aldo would feel disrespected...
one of them is the biggest draw in the companies history..... the other is Jose Aldo

one of them puts butts in seats...... the other is Jose Aldo

Aldo called Conor a clown before they fought, how ironic its now him that looks like a clown

I'm glad Bellator and other organizations are starting to grow, this is good for the sport.

Good. We don't want him anymore. 13 seconds

The fact that this comment has 22 likes or something like that is so crazy. MMA fans.

I think Aldo's doing the smart thing. If you're going to fuck him around, PAY THAT MAN though your nostrils.

Open up the larder, m'lord, that he may eat of it.

We do understand that this is a negotiating tactic, right? Is anyone thinking he really would PREFER to fight in Rizin or Bellator??

Aldo wants to quit the UFC because they wont force Conor to fight him

Sherdog logic: Aldo is scared of Conor.

one of them is the biggest draw in the companies history..... the other is Jose Aldo

Aldo called Conor a clown before they fought, how ironic its now him that looks like a clown
The other is the greatest FW of all time you mean.

Aldo looks like a clown for being fed up with this bullshit?

Jesus, you Conor fanbois really live in your own reality.

Aldo has been disrespected and lied to by the UFC over and over. It's not surprising and it's clearly logical that he would get fed up with it.

Aldo is being used as Conor's bodyguard...take out Frankie, defend the interim belt against Holloway, Pettis, then maybe Conor will come back after Aldo has taken out all the other contenders.

no
aldo.gif

Just noticed MM in the backround. Is that JJ in the white blouse on the right? I notice they spring up like twice as fast as everyone else..

The other is the greatest FW of all time you mean.

Aldo looks like a clown for being fed up with this bullshit?

Jesus, you Conor fanbois really live in your own reality.

Aldo has been disrespected and lied to by the UFC over and over. It's not surprising and it's clearly logical that he would get fed up with it.

Aldo is being used as Conor's bodyguard...take out Frankie, defend the interim belt against Holloway, Pettis, then maybe Conor will come back after Aldo has taken out all the other contenders.
Im just calling you idiots on your hypocrisy.... you lot are the same ones who were supporting the UFC when Conor got pulled from UFC 200..... but now its "poor Aldo" and shit like that?

get over yourselves, if Aldo retires the sport will move on. He isnt as big of a deal as he once was

Im just calling you idiots on your hypocrisy.... you lot are the same ones who were supporting the UFC when Conor got pulled from UFC 200..... but now its "poor Aldo" and shit like that?

get over yourselves, if Aldo retires the sport will move on. He isnt as big of a deal as he once was
Wtf...how at all are the situations remotely similar??

Conor was pulled because he threw a hissy fit and no showed one of the most important press conferences ever.

Aldo was repeatedly disrespected and screwed over by the UFC.

You are seriously delusional.

Again you prove your are a child

Conor is exactly precisely holding a division hostage

It's not professional

Yeah, I'm not sure disagreeing with you is what makes someone childish or not.

But what McGregor is doing is entirely professional. The UFC is getting set to put on one of it's most important shows in years at Madison Square garden. It's going to garner a lot of media attention, so they need great fights and a great headliner. Who in the UFC is a bigger headliner than McGregor? It's a no brainer for the professionals who run the promotion. The next question is who McGregor ought to fight. There's a very good argument that he ought to fight Aldo; I'm not trying to downplay that at all. But there's simply no way Aldo can be put on a card of this magnitude. It's not just that he isn't a draw, because I'm not sure how much more popular Eddie Alvarez is anyway. It's that Aldo doesn't show for about 50% of his scheduled fights.

Now everyone thinks the sky is falling, but the UFC's logic is unassailable in this case. McGregor must fight at 205 and Aldo must not. Aldo isn't being disrespected. None of this is intended as some sort of slight at Aldo. The UFC seems to entirely understand his predicament, which is why he's wearing an interim belt. But you can respect a guy as a fighter and still not trust him to show up. Aldo is complaining about being treated in a way that is entirely logical given his own track record. And that is what is unprofessional here.

Brock is the biggest draw in UFC history. What does he have to with all this?

People here think Aldo wants to go to another promotion but actually he is asking to terminate the contract so he can go to another sport(unless he is lying of course), he says that he cared more about his legacy.

"If [White] likes me and my family, I just hope he releases me. I don’t want a fight. I want to leave as I came in. The UFC and WEC didn’t give me anything. Everything I conquered was my merit and from my team. Nobody gave me anything. I conquered everything. And I gave them a lot more than they gave me back. I just want them to release me from my contract. I’m not a whore to sell myself [for money]. I don’t even want to fight MMA. I want to follow a career in another sport. That’s what I want."

Maybe he shouldn't have let himself get KO'd in 13 seconds den. Bozo.

Back