Alberta Sherdoggers! How about . . .

BC is burning. I'm not too far from the fires but see almost no smoke, all the winds must blowing east. I have lots of friends and family under evacuation orders.

BC breh checking in. No smoke where I live.

For all the bertans though

1 like = prayer

BC is burning. I'm not too far from the fires but see almost no smoke, all the winds must blowing east. I have lots of friends and family under evacuation orders.
Pray for Williams lake

Calgary isnt too bad right now. Still smells smokey though. Hope it all gets under control soon. Have a week in kootenay next week. Dont want the cottage to burn down.

Hope the natives changed their minds and evacuated with everyone else.

Yeah they evacuated yesterday I think. They have to head down to Kamloops. Which seems weird to head that way when PG is taking people too.

More opportunity for places to stay maybe?

So I decided to go to the park today and do some sprints. Ended up with shortness of breath and a mild panic attack (actually pretty bad - almost had to call 911 because I could not calm down).

Fucking forrest fires - apparently, this is going to be the norm and worse in the years to come.

Kelowna was smoky as hell again today. It cleared up late last week, but some asshole decided to have a campfire even though there's been a well publicized ban around here. 8 houses in Lake Country burned up, just outside of Kelowna and now you can't see any more than 1/2 a mile away.

People are stupid.

All the best to my fellow Albertans back home.

I knew dem feels. Ever since I've moved to BC I swear every summer there comes a point where the sky goes grey and smokey. I think 2014 was the worst (could have been bc of my area too). Couldn't see around for shit.

Kelowna was smoky as hell again today. It cleared up late last week, but some asshole decided to have a campfire even though there's been a well publicized ban around here. 8 houses in Lake Country burned up, just outside of Kelowna and now you can't see any more than 1/2 a mile away.

People are stupid.

All the best to my fellow Albertans back home.
In addition to the fire bans I know they've come down hard on people throwing their cigarette butts too. Special little boxes all over the place for them. Still see asses chuck them in the grass tho.

Yeah, I've heard from friends out by PG, Quesnel, etc...sounds like its pretty shitty out there.

Anyone in Banff lately? Have the fires messed up Mt. Rundle, Sulfur mountain, Norquay, Tunnel mountain and Banff Ave?

Taking the kids to Banff for a hiking vacation in August and concerned about the fires. Have they touched the park?

We had bad smoke here in Edmonton on Sunday, but no ash like Calgary had. Nothing yesterday really.

Anyone in Banff lately? Have the fires messed up Mt. Rundle, Sulfur mountain, Norquay, Tunnel mountain and Banff Ave?

Taking the kids to Banff for a hiking vacation in August and concerned about the fires. Have they touched the park?
As far as I know Alberta is fine. It's pretty much everything south of Quesnel that's burning, with a few burning in the North.

Surely Connor McDavid can make this go away with a wave of his hand?
Smoke has not been bad yet up in Edmonton so not sure McDavid will use his power to help up Calgary, when they are all such meanies to him!

I thought Canuckistan is too cold and windy for forest fire to happen.

Back