Albert Kraus' Greatest Fights

RichardN7

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering what his most successful and career-defining fights were. Don't feel like wading through them all.

His 2002 K-1 World Max run esp. Kaolan and Masato's fight.

K1 is shit now.

I miss the Max days with him and Masato in it.

cool thread

well i watched all his fights some year ago,so i think i know his career well to say answer it

in the first ever edition of K-1 World max(2002),where he was the champ,he defeated 2 big names on that time

Masato who need no introduction and Kaolan Kaovichit Lumpinee champ who used to fight in japan

at 2003 he had some big victories as TKO victory over rising Shootboxing star Andy Souwer and KO victory against the established MMA fighter Duane Ludwig

at 2005 it was a big year of victories for him as well,Defeating the previous year K-1 Max champ Buakaw(BS desicion for sure but..)and a victory over the famous John Wayne parr

at 2006 he had defeated Sato,but i wouldnt consider one of the best of his victories,because sato was too newbie and developing at this year

at 2007 he had a big beatdown victory over Sato,who was growing up a lot as a fighter and was considered as elite at the time,a year later Sato Knocked buakaw out,so...

at 2008 he also had a good year with a doc stop victory over legendary Zambidis due a high knee, a victory over the strong Newcomer Yasuhiro Kido and another Bullshit victory over buakaw(he lost this fight for real,was outclassed,but...)

2010 he had a victory against the Newcomer k-1 max japan Finalist Hiroki Nakajima

since 2010 he had some mid tier victories and crusing lower level chinese opposition,

the lowlights of his career:

2003:Being KTFO against Zambidis in his second fight after he won the K-1 max 2002

2006:he got defeated against the K-1 Max Newcomer Gago Drago,in a fight almost everyone was considering him to win

2007:a very shocking fast KO loss against Murat Direkci and a upset UD loss against Tatsuji

2011: two shocking upset losses here,the first against the underground bare hands fighter Batu Khasikov and the beatdown that he received from lower level Yuji Nashiro at k-1 max japan 2011

since then he became old so i wouldnt consider the losses as lowlight material

Is he officially retired? I heard he wanted to get into pro boxing.

200904200013-spnavi_2009042000029_view.jpg

Is he officially retired? I heard he wanted to get into pro boxing.
well his last fight in kickboxing was in kunlun 53,he never talked anything about retiring from the sport since then,i think he is focusing more on training his son who usually fights on pro boxing and c-class kickboxing fights and he fights in boxing in some events that his son is fighting too

that kid who used to enter cosplaying his father on k-1 max finals has growed up my friends,he is bigger than kraus now,it makes me feel old :(

Never forget...

The best thing about this was the entrances... Nagashima in his frilly skirt and otaku gang... Kraus coming in with eye of the tiger playing looking like he was going to cannibalize him... nagashima looking like he realised the jig was up when his name was announced. Fun times

Back