Alabama Student Expelled For Online Racist Comments

That seems so weird to me that people allow a word to have so much influence over their emotions.
lol you're one of those guys

I beat you think racism would disappear if we all stopped talking about it right?

lol you're one of those guys

I beat you think racism would disappear if we all stopped talking about it right?
I beat I'm not. Racism will always exist in some shape or form.

Instead of expelling the students, make him debate someone who is not a stupid racist on the pros and cons of racism. He'll get his ass kicked with rationality and logic, and thus maybe have a chance to amend his views, and grow, rather than kicking him out, further bolstering his views, and fostering a feeling of being oppressed by a system that is racist towards him.

I remember being young and dumb enough to think that people were as a whole, swayed by logic and rationality.

You'll get over it after you move out of mom's basement.

I remember being young and dumb enough to think that people were as a whole, swayed by logic and rationality.

You'll get over it after you move out of mom's basement.

Yeah, i'm so naive, thinking a college will alleal to dialogue. As always, pertinent and not at all facile, ma'am...

Yeah, i'm so naive, thinking a college will alleal to dialogue. As always, pertinent and not at all facile, ma'am...

Tell you what, write an email to your dean of students / head of faculty and tell them you want to have a public academic debate on the merits/pitfalls of scientific racism and you want to invite David Duke, The guy who runs The Daily Stormer, and Richard Spencer.

Report back on how your efforts at rational dialogue are progressing.

One person hearing it vs lots of people.

Welcome to "Dealing with scale 101", i'm Falsedawn and apparently i'm teaching you this.

Protip: Broadcasting your bullshit on the internet is liable to have a very wide reach, hence us talking about it.

<Oku03>

Thanks dude . . . whatever would I do without you . . .

Code of conduct...end of story.
No trial,lawsuit and no violation of free speech...it’s real simple.

If you are enrolled in a college that has a code of conduct that says racist speech is against college rules,well then congratulations,welcome to real life..where stupid choices have consequences.

She does however have a case of code of conduct does not address this issue.

At the end of the day people need to remember...
Free speech isn’t carte blanc for I can say anything I want. Free speech is in regards to being prosecuted/jailed or punished by our government... there is some serious need for better government 101 classes in high schools.

Tell you what, write an email to your dean of students / head of faculty and tell them you want to have a public academic debate on the merits/pitfalls of scientific racism and you want to invite David Duke, The guy who runs The Daily Stormer, and Richard Spencer.

Report back on how your efforts at rational dialogue are progressing.

Or debate the person spouting the racism. Good lord. It does not necessarily require administrative approval. It's called a dialogue, and they happen quite often on college campuses. Contrary to popular belief, debates are had, formally and informally, without screaming and whinging.

The Constitution trumps all other law including a uni's code of conduct.
No it doesn’t... where do you guys come up with this stuff?
http://www.uscourts.gov/about-feder...ational-outreach/activity-resources/what-does

Those are just some quick copy/paste precedence...but clearly the constitution/freedom of speech has limitations. It is not a one size fits all situation...there are plenty of stipulations.

Here’s a clip from Alabama uni code of conduct:

Harassment/Threatening Behavior/Bullying
a. Harassment that is defined as not being of a sexual nature includes:
1. Conduct (physical, verbal, graphic, written, or electronic) that is (1) unwelcome; (2) discriminatory on the basis of genetic information, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status; (3) directed at an individual; and (4) so severe, pervasive or objectively offensive that a reasonable person with the same characteristics of the alleged victim would be adversely affected to a degree that interferes with their ability to participate in or to realize the intended benefits of an institutional activity, opportunity, or resource. Conduct satisfying the foregoing elements that relates to an individual’s sex (which includes sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression) is addressed in the University’s Sexual Misconduct Policy. Please visit www.eop.ua.edu/harassment.html for more information on the University’s Harassment Policy).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just let the girl attend school.

The school and school newspaper can carry statements denouncing the girl.

Everyone in school will look at her with disgust and treat her as a pariah or she might get a lot of friends out of this.

Once her name is widely known, her employment opportunities and admission to other Colleges will be greatly impacted.

-
I am against kicking her out, because this sets a bad precedent for free expression.

her behavior and words are abhorrent.

the school did the proper thing this would give them a terrible image and be bad for the other students because their degrees would carry the stigma of a racist school or environment.

her real punishment will be having to deal with all the people she pissed off.

Yeah, I was definitely surprised by the vehemence in her voice and how young she was. And it's crazy that she was that bold with other people in the car with her.

I am curious to see if the other girls in the car get any backlash

I am curious to see if the other girls in the car get any backlash

I think they can probably skate on this since they didn't seem to say anything. I listened 2x to see how supportive they were but it was hard for me to tell.

I don't think students' personal opinions are any business of the university. They're literally poking their nose in social media posts that don't concern them in order to find a thought crime. It's her case it's a blatant transgression against social norms, but with how far left the universities are getting next year it'll be someone is expelled for thinking biological sex exists. How's that for 'systematic racism' by the way? Look at how outraged society is when they manage to find a genuine racist.
Pretty much this. The University trying hard to look righteous in a cause where they have no horse in.

I think they can probably skate on this since they didn't seem to say anything. I listened 2x to see how supportive they were but it was hard for me to tell.

listened twice huh ? lol .. but according to you nothing wrong was done here though .. why all of a sudden concerned ? . . just some friends having a good time .. like that singer you were ok with shitting on the white audience members

reinstate this girl .. she just sounds like a dumb immature kid .. she'll evolve with the right people around her .. she's already showed remorse .. this isn't the same as a professor doing this .. the good thing it was just a rant .. she didn't physically hurt anyone .. there's already a civil rights activist calling for her to be reinstated

listened twice huh ? lol .. but according to you nothing wrong was done here though .. why all of a sudden concerned ? . . just some friends having a good time .. like that singer you were ok with shitting on the white audience members

What in the world are you talking about? This is a thread about the legality of the university's response to the student's posting. Listening 2x before commenting is the minimum. I know the conversation might be too complex for you to follow but the details of what she says are relevant to what legal action the school can undertake.

If you get off your victimhood bike for a moment, you might notice that I didn't say anything about whether or not she is allowed to say it. I commented on the legality of the school's response.

But what else can I expect from an overly sensitive victimhood complex?

Back