Elections Alabama Special Senate Election Live Results Thread

As a catholic, that's a pretty rediculous use of that quote bud

"Let he that is without sin be the first to cast the stone" rhetoric is 100% moral parable, not a theological lesson on how to structure legal systems

You can't be full blown "self governance" in a cohabitative world with impacts larger than the individual ethics system, that's the lesson learned by the formation of all kinds of laws and regulations extending influence on an international scale. You don't get to gas your citizens because you are king of the kingdom anymore.

Take environmental laws: any given country's low emissions standards and environmental deregulation can literally poison separate countries that they share a border with, not unlike how any one individual's ethics system can negatively impact other individuals who share their living environment.

Then take morality and ethics into extension of this relationship: if you believe murder is justified when you feel x, y or z about something, there are laws that step in and take that judgement call away from you. "Judge not" is a fucking insane way to structure lawmaking and oversight in hundreds of industries that decided to regulate in modernizing eras, often in the wake of massive disasters highlighting that gap in supervision (see the history of fire codes, health codes, factory codes, the list goes on and on)

You can debate the conditions of a "judgement" (or law) fully, that ability needs protecting, but don't try to spin armchair theology bullshit to convince posters that "to judge" actions in the world is off the table of discussion, that's some Dr Doom shit

I wasn't applying it to the law. I was applying it to people who feel they need to punish people for moral sins that they think the law doesn't cover.

That is true. Twice Trump ate crow when he initially endorsed Luther Strange and lost then Moore and lost. Of course, living in the alternate universe that he does, he claimed he was right about everything.

I'm sure many in the Trump Cult believe that.
Right. Trump claims victory regardless of the outcome. If Moore won he would brag about how his endorsement pushed him over the top and a loss and it's "I really wanted Luther Strange, was right he was better". He does this type of shit daily.

Right. Trump claims victory regardless of the outcome. If Moore won he would brag about how his endorsement pushed him over the top and a loss and it's "I really wanted Luther Strange, was right he was better". He does this type of shit daily.
Strange would have won by double digits

Strange would have won by double digits
Yes he would have, but I think you're missing my point.

Strange, "a much better candidate than Moore" lost to Moore in the primary regardless of Trump's endorsement. It's also been shown that his polling numbers didn't change after Trump's endorsement. Trump's endorsement of Moore wasn't enough to carry him.

No matter how you slice it Trump's endorsement didn't mean much and he has to claim victory no matter what the outcome is.

Yes he would have, but I think you're missing my point.

Strange, "a much better candidate than Moore" lost to Moore in the primary regardless of Trump's endorsement. It's also been shown that his polling numbers didn't change after Trump's endorsement. Trump's endorsement of Moore wasn't enough to carry him.

No matter how you slice it Trump's endorsement didn't mean much and he has to claim victory no matter what the outcome is.

Moore was too popular to lose the primary then the allegations came out. Trump isn’t enough to overcome those things.

Moore was too popular to lose the primary then the allegations came out. Trump isn’t enough to overcome those things.
His inability to get the preferred candidate to win the primary shows the weakness of the party and Trump. That's actually how you measure it. In other words, how powerful is the influence of the party, lead by the president, to control their party and their candidates. They lost bigly on this one.

<Dany07>

Hey guys, he actually doesn't know what he's talking about. Anyone surprised here?

Federal law makes it criminal to engage in a sexual act with another person who is between the age of 12 and 16 if they are at least four years younger than you.

So a 15 year old can legally bang a 12 year old? Still seems pretty messed up, but my wife being a middle school counselor it happens a sad amount. A 6th or 7th grader dating a freshman instantly makes her one of the popular girls :(

So a 15 year old can legally bang a 12 year old? Still seems pretty messed up, but my wife being a middle school counselor it happens a sad amount. A 6th or 7th grader dating a freshman instantly makes her one of the popular girls :(

Girls tend to mature sexually and want to experiment a bit earlier while their male peers are worrying about cooties still.

Not saying it doesn't happen the other way, it's just not that unusual for a girl to lose her virginity at 12-14, and a boy at 15-17.

Trump has under 50% approval rating in Alabama. Let that sink in for a minute.

No, it's not an apples to apples comparison, but to excuse one while condemning the other takes some olympic level mental and moral gymnastics.

Or as sociologists call it, cultural relativism.

Back