Alabama Cop Shoots Man Holding His Wallet (Video)

In what bizarro world is a cop justified in shooting an unarmed man?

Look at the responses in this thread. We've become immune to the police state we're living in.

b/c you're too dumb to click play? stfu then retard.
I didn't click play because I don't really care. Guy got shot. Happens all the time in Chicago. Should it be this way? No. But like Tupac said "that's just the way it is".

Look at the responses in this thread. We've become immune to the police state we're living in.
I agree, but what's needed to be done needs huge coordination which can really only be done online. And of course the government is spying on us so they can crush any uprising. Not sure how to go about it.

This is the reason why I'm glad I live in a country that doesn't have a gun culture like America.

When I get pulled over I:

1. Turn car off
2. Turn interior light on
3.Roll down window
4. Retrieve both license and registration
5. Put both hands on the top of the steering wheel, clearly visible, with license and registration in hand
6. Don't move hands until cop makes request

The cop in the video is wildly overzealous, but you have to be absolutely out of your mind to get out of the car when a cop pulls you over.

I agree with everything except reaching for your license/registration. A cop could interpret that as reaching for a weapon.

Wait for the cop to get to your window and ask for them. Then tell him/her where they are and that you are going to reach for them.

I can bet that no one here could tell if it was a gun or a wallet in the first second or two of this video much less in real life under stress.

It was a shitty situation but it was caused by the driver not the cop.

I hope the guy ends up OK but don't do dumb shit.

People in the US are armed and with that comes the responsibility not to do stupid shit.

I agree with everything except reaching for your license/registration. A cop could interpret that as reaching for a weapon.

Wait for the cop to get to your window and ask for them. Then tell him/her where they are and that you are going to reach for them.

This and I declare (if armed) even in states where it is not required.

I mostly drive with my wallet all ready out because I don't want to sit on it.

I can bet that no one here could tell if it was a gun or a wallet in the first second or two of this video much less in real life under stress.

It was a shitty situation but it was caused by the driver not the cop.

I hope the guy ends up OK but don't do dumb shit.

People in the US are armed and with that comes the responsibility not to do stupid shit.

The issue wasn't so much that it was hard to identify the object within a couple of seconds, it's more that the guy is clearly holding his hands above his head when told, which I'd say isn't a threatening position that's cause for immediate shooting without further warnings. I've seen better cops give more warnings when the suspect actually has a gun. The guy made a mistake, but I don't think he was alone in that.

I assume you are trolling.

I find it funny how the posters who cry about freedom are always the first ones to support authoritarianism.

Did that guy die?

Horrible shot. Was he responding to a crime or a car accident? Jesus

yup, especially when you jump out of the fucking car like a paratrooper.
I deleted the irrelevant speculation part. My point was that you don't know what led to his behavior, I wasn't listing off reasons for you to evaluate.

Anyways, going back to the actual evidence, if you think jumping out of your car means a cop has a right to shoot you, then you're 100% wrong. That's not the law.

I deleted the irrelevant speculation part. My point was that you don't know what led to his behavior, I wasn't listing off reasons for you to evaluate.

Anyways, going back to the actual evidence, if you think jumping out of your car means a cop has a right to shoot you, then you're 100% wrong. That's not the law.
jumping out of your car, WHILE wielding a suspicious rectangular black object

Touche.

The issue wasn't so much that it was hard to identify the object within a couple of seconds, it's more that the guy is clearly holding his hands above his head when told, which I'd say isn't a threatening position that's cause for immediate shooting without further warnings. I've seen better cops give more warnings when the suspect actually has a gun. The guy made a mistake, but I don't think he was alone in that.

Thats because the guy centered his hands in a shooting position and then the cop fired.

If he had not done that the cop might not have shot.

also legit lel @ the fat guy repeatedly screaming "DONT MOVE" as the man is literally twitching around on the ground screaming in pain

dat cop brain

Looking at details of the story, the guy might have been drunk. The car was on a slope, he struggled to get out the car, and he seemingly wanted to go meet the cop and give his registration. Getting out of the car in another western country would get you scolded, not shot. Getting shot for it isn't "normal". Americans might think it's normal, it's not. The real reason is that there are so many guns in the US, American cops are operating at 10/10 panic at all times.
You're forgetting about the number of criminals out there holding guns. Check out our prison population stats. That's not "normal" either.

Thats because the guy centered his hands in a shooting position and then the cop fired.

If he had not done that the cop might not have shot.

Maybe, maybe not. I maintain that it seems really overzealous when you're responding to a traffic accident.

I'd be just fine if the next video I watched was of that incompetent coward police officer being murdered by a gun. Too many people on earth and this guy is one of them.

<{cum@me}>

Back