Alabama Cop Shoots Man Holding His Wallet (Video)

Uh... what?

If I was that cop, I probably would have wasted that clown too... jumps out of the car, running towards the cop, pointing his wallet at the cop while holding it with both hands... what the fuck was that guy thinking? lol

That didn't happened. And the only reason it appeared he "pointed" his wallet is because the cop started shouting at him for no reason and then he attempted
to put his hands up.

He was struggling to get out of the car and the second the cop starts screaming to put his hands up he starts freaking out.

If you think someone has a gun in their hands, your order should be for them to drop it not put their hands in the air.

precisely my point, you would make shit cop

I would make a shit cop, but not because I would have wasted that moron too.

People like you give cops way too much shit. They are humans, and when you put people in dangerous situations, they are going to do what they have to do to survive.
I always get a real kick when people bitch about unarmed people getting blasted by the police. "why'd they have to shoot him, he wasn't armed... whaaaaaaa!!!!"
Take away the badge for a minute and what do you have? A dude with a gun. Now if you assault, or threaten a dude with a gun what do you expect to happen? Nothing good, I can assure you of that.

And I would love to see every anonymous poster online who uses language like "cop apologist" to go work a beat for a year in a place like St. Louis or Chicago on GoPro with a live feed that never turns off while they're working.

It would be fun to take bets. Does he strictly adhere to his ideology? Does he have the courage? Will that courage get him killed? Or will unexpected craven hypocrisy spare his life?

In fact, that sounds like a hell of a drinking game.
yep gang war in chicago = responding to a traffic accident in alabama

fuck off dummy

The Cop is trying to shoot at his wallet so the pick pockets can't grab them!

People like you give cops way too much shit.

you don´t have a leg to stand never had problems with cops, its hard job with huge responsibilities which needs proper traning because of that, if they make a mistake and costs the life of a innocent man they should pay for it like any normal person would.

There was context, it was a traffic incident and not some crime report on top of all that.

allowing this just gives lee way to bad and unfit cops.

a fat guy should not be out on the streets with a gun, at most behind a desk in the office.

if this case and this cop isnt worthy of condemnation, who is? the same rationalizations youre using to defend this trigger happy fatso can be used for literally any case ever effectively rendering every shooting legitimate.
"perceived threat"
"didnt see"
"black object"

what if a cop asks someone to reach into their glovebox and get their registration out, and the person asks the cop "I'm going to reach into my glovebox to get my registration is that ok?"
but then the cop shoots him anyway.

>didnt see what he hand in his hands
>saw black rectangular object
>lights werent on in his car
>perceived it as a threat

"sure he asked him to get his registration but how could the cop be 100% sure? it was dark out and i cant blame him for wanting to go home at the end of the night"

smh

Lol hindsight is always 20/20.

There was absolutely perceived threat. He didn't know what he what he had, got out of a vehicle and was told multiple times to show his hands.

The first time he said let me see you hands this was the following sequence

Screenshot_20170319-210631_zpsb76s3tv2.png

Screenshot_20170319-210704_zpssxwuo7te.png

Screenshot_20170319-210644_zpsefc7svg0.png

Screenshot_20170319-210734_zpsrgx1pdhp.png

He couldn't have made it look anymore like holding a gun if he tried. That was after being told to see hands.
the course of action if the cop was truly fearing for his life would've been:
>get cover (he was standing right next to his open car door)
>point gun and yell instructions

not "stand in the open and gun everyone down immediately"

this fat cunt should not be an officer of the law.

you don´t have a leg to stand never had problems with cops, its hard job with huge responsibilities which needs proper traning because of that, if they make a mistake and costs the life of a innocent man they should pay for it like any normal person would.

There was context, it was a traffic incident and not some crime report on top of all that.

allowing this just gives lee way to bad and unfit cops.

a fat guy should not be out on the streets with a gun, at most behind a desk in the office.
Actually I do have a leg to stand on, because although I've never been a police officer, I have patrolled streets filled with civilians as a uniformed weapon and I can tell you that if some jackass had come at me or any of my soldiers the way that guy did in the video, we would have wasted them.

You're damn straight these cops made a mistake, they killed an innocent man, but lets not pretend they killed him for sport, or because they weren't properly trained, I'd say the speed at which they un holstered their weapons and put him down is evidence of that.

No they killed him because he quickly exited his vehicle like this:
View media item 26327

Actually I do have a leg to stand on, because although I've never been a police officer, I have patrolled streets filled with civilians as a uniformed weapon and I can tell you that if some jackass had come at me or any of my soldiers the way that guy did in the video, we would have wasted them.

You're damn straight these cops made a mistake, they killed an innocent man, but lets not pretend they killed him for sport, or because they weren't properly trained, I'd say the speed at which they un holstered their weapons and put him down is evidence of that.

No they killed him because he quickly exited his vehicle like this:
View media item 26327

What video are you watching? The guy never came at the police officer and was shot while complying with the officers commands.

He was fumbling trying to get out of his car and the cop freaked out.

If he was properly trained he wouldn't have shouted at the guy and then shot him for obeying his command.

the course of action if the cop was truly fearing for his life would've been:
>get cover (he was standing right next to his open car door)
>point gun and yell instructions

not "stand in the open and gun everyone down immediately"

this fat cunt should not be an officer of the law.

He was standing next to his door? You couldn't see the cop. Hell he may have been behind the door. Maybe he was on front of the door, you don't turn your back to a threat If you are pointing a gun at someone behind a car door your head is still in the open...

Also is his door armored? Not all police vehicles are armored. If it wasn't bullets go through car doors.

He did point his gun and yell instructions. He told the guy multiple times before he shot.

"Gun everyone down" somebody is a bit dramatic. He gunned the guy down that got out of the vehicle in a manner that looked like he was holding a gun.

so did mine

his name was Common Sense lmao
no one was pulled over. I stayed in my car during my last fender bender and the other guy didn't. Got his story out first to the cop and the cop wrote the report in his favor when really he was speeding & etc.

Anyway, we all know people that do this, rush out of their car once a cop arrives after an accident/incident.

That wallet did look a lot like a gun. No question but it wasn't.

This part of law enforcement, like out prison system, is effed up.

Last edited:
He was standing next to his door? You couldn't see the cop. Hell he may have been behind the door. Maybe he was on front of the door, you don't turn your back to a threat If you are pointing a gun at someone behind a car door your head is still in the open...

Also is his door armored? Not all police vehicles are armored. If it wasn't bullets go through car doors.

He did point his gun and yell instructions. He told the guy multiple times before he shot.

"Gun everyone down" somebody is a bit dramatic. He gunned the guy down that got out of the vehicle in a manner that looked like he was holding a gun.
lol @ thinking the only way to get behind your door if youre standing in front of it is to turn your back
dear god i hope ameriburger cops have better training than to think that (evidently they dont lol)

What video are you watching? The guy never came at the police officer and was shot while complying with the officers commands.

If he was properly trained he wouldn't have shouted at the guy and then shot him for obeying his command.

This. At a minimum the cop should be fired.

I think a key disconnect in the communication over this issue is that the officer didn't pull this guy over. It wasn't traffic stop. So the guy didn't react as if it were traffic stop by staying in his car and patiently waiting for the officer to initiate the interaction, but clearly the officer thought he should have.

if this case and this cop isnt worthy of condemnation, who is? the same rationalizations youre using to defend this trigger happy fatso can be used for literally any case ever effectively rendering every shooting legitimate.
"perceived threat"
"didnt see"
"black object"

what if a cop asks someone to reach into their glovebox and get their registration out, and the person asks the cop "I'm going to reach into my glovebox to get my registration is that ok?"
but then the cop shoots him anyway.

>didnt see what he hand in his hands
>saw black rectangular object
>lights werent on in his car
>perceived it as a threat

"sure he asked him to get his registration but how could the cop be 100% sure? it was dark out and i cant blame him for wanting to go home at the end of the night"

smh

You idiots sure are good at putting words in people's mouths.

Gas station shooting with the guy reaching in his vehicle. Bad shoot.

Black guy says he is ccw, then reaches for wallet and gets shot. Wife records the aftermath. Bad shoot.

Well then I challenge you to watch the video again. He didn't obey the only command they gave him. He took it upon him self to hop out of his car instead of staying put, holding his wallet like a fucking pistol, then when they yell at him to show them his hands he extends it towards them still holding it in both hands like a pistol.

This guy didn't deserve to be shot, but watching this video, it is of no fucking surprise to me that he did get wasted.

lol @ thinking the only way to get behind your door if youre standing in front of it is to turn your back
dear god i hope ameriburger cops have better training than to think that (evidently they dont lol)

Ok sure back pedal and side step with a firearm while thinking someone is pointing a gun at you.

How about the other points.

This. At a minimum the cop should be fired.

I think a key disconnect in the communication over this issue is that the officer didn't pull this guy over. It wasn't traffic stop. So the guy didn't react as if it were traffic stop by staying in his car and patiently waiting for the officer to initiate the interaction, but clearly the officer thought he should have.

What this guy did wrong, is he waited until the cops pulled up right behind him to exit his car, in a hurry, while holding his wallet in both hands like a pistol.

You idiots sure are good at putting words in people's mouths.

Gas station shooting with the guy reaching in his vehicle. Bad shoot.

Black guy says he is ccw, then reaches for wallet and gets shot. Wife records the aftermath. Bad shoot.
Seems pretty subjective, I guess reasonable fear or not.

Ok sure back pedal and side step with a firearm while thinking someone is pointing a gun at you.

How about the other points.
what points?
police in bumfuck bama need armored tanks in order to "feel safe" when responding to traffic accidents?
standing out in the open with 0 cover with your gun drawn and gunning someone down with his hands in the air does not equal "hiding behind cover, giving instructions and waiting for a response"
fat cop said something next to a loud road and then shot twice before the guy could react

this is what he should have done:

What this guy did wrong, is he waited until the cops pulled up right behind him to exit his car, in a hurry, while holding his wallet in both hands like a pistol.

Yes, and he died for it. What I'm interested in is what the officer did wrong. For starters, he shot an unarmed man. In the course of events leading up to the shooting, he had plenty of time to get a look at that wallet. And as for hurrying, iirc, the guy got down and was not moving toward the officer at all at the time of the shooting.

The idea that we ought to make no sudden moves or hold anything in our hands around the police at risk of our lives is a good argument to disarm most police imo.

Back