Alabama Cop Shoots Man Holding His Wallet (Video)

Lol hindsight is always 20/20.

There was absolutely perceived threat. He didn't know what he what he had, got out of a vehicle and was told multiple times to show his hands.

The first time he said let me see you hands this was the following sequence

Screenshot_20170319-210631_zpsb76s3tv2.png

Screenshot_20170319-210704_zpssxwuo7te.png

Screenshot_20170319-210644_zpsefc7svg0.png

Screenshot_20170319-210734_zpsrgx1pdhp.png

He couldn't have made it look anymore like holding a gun if he tried. That was after being told to see hands.

Can I claim precieved threat for seeing too many bad cop shooting videos, and just blast a cop?

"Oopsie daisy", shouldn't be a fucking legal defense.

Can I claim precieved threat for seeing too many bad cop shooting videos, and just blast a cop?

"Oopsie daisy", shouldn't be a fucking legal defense.

Clearly you are an idiot or troll. No point in continuing, haven't addressed a single point and made ridiculous comparisons.

Clearly you are an idiot or troll. No point in continuing, haven't addressed a single point and made ridiculous comparisons.

It isnt. It is showing cops apparently have special legal rights.

Next guy you see holding his wallet, shoot him, and see if you don't go to jail.

It isnt. It is showing cops apparently have special legal rights.

Next guy you see holding his wallet, shoot him, and see if you don't go to jail.

They do... that is why they can conduct traffic stops and numerous other things.

Again ridiculous comparison.

Lol yes it does ^

And he was told 3 or 4 times before showing his hands.
The side of the road can be a pretty loud place. That's why I said "shouted." When the cop raised his voice, he complied immediately.

Edit: just rewatched it to make sure I'm not crazy. The cop said it exactly twice before shooting. The first time calmly before the guy was out of the car. The second time the cop was louder and more urgent when the guy was almost completely out of the car. the guy's hands went in the air as soon as he was out of the car almost instantaneously after the cop shouted. This cop was too trigger happy.

I understand that the guy didn't comply perfectly and didn't act the way you are expected to, but being able to deal with abnormal and/or tense situations is a huge part of an LEOs job. It was dumb on the kid's part for sure, but this cop fucked up.

Last edited:
The side of the road can be a pretty loud place. That's why I said "shouted." When the cop raised his voice, he complied immediately.

Sure, it definitely wasn't a 100% "clean" shoot but I can't 100% fault the guy based on what I saw. He imo pushed the door open with his forearm with both hands holding a black object in a traditional firearm holding position.

It's a shit situation that could have been prevented by the guy by not getting out or holding a black object like that at night.

Maybe more training could have prevented it as well. But it's hard to train while implementing real fear, adrenaline and other emotion. He imo saw someone get out in a way that looked exactly like what someone would do with a pistol.

Edit: just rewatched it to make sure I'm not crazy. The cop said it exactly twice before shooting. The first time calmly before the guy was out of the car. The second time the cop was louder and more urgent when the guy was almost completely out of the car. the guy's hands went in the air as soon as he was out of the car almost instantaneously after the cop shouted. This cop was too trigger happy.

I understand that the guy didn't comply perfectly and didn't act the way you are expected to, but being able to deal with abnormal and/or tense situations is a huge part of an LEOs job. It was dumb on the kid's part for sure, but this cop fucked up.

Dude aggressively got out of the car, facing the cop and pulling a black thing out of his pockets with both hands.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Know what to do if a cop pulls you over? Not that.

I just want to see this cop apologist logic used everywhere. It would be entertaining.

You get t-boned by a drunk driver. Your fault dumb ass, should have been paying more attention. Defensive driving is key you dumbass.
And I would love to see every anonymous poster online who uses language like "cop apologist" to go work a beat for a year in a place like St. Louis or Chicago on GoPro with a live feed that never turns off while they're working.

It would be fun to take bets. Does he strictly adhere to his ideology? Does he have the courage? Will that courage get him killed? Or will unexpected craven hypocrisy spare his life?

In fact, that sounds like a hell of a drinking game.

Last edited:
Damn, what a shitty situation.

Both the driver of the truck and the police officer were probably of average at best intelligence. Unfortunately, things get nutty sometimes when two such ships pass in the night.

The officer saw what he thought was a gun and reacted too soon IMO. However it's definitely not hard to grasp how someone could have thought that guy was holding a weapon and was about to fire it. Had that officer been a few clicks to the right on the IQ chart, he might have ascertained this situation to be on the less threatening end of the danger spectrum. It was a simple traffic accident and there were no reports of an altercation or violence between the occupants. However I don't work that job, and it's easy to play Monday morning quarterback when it's not your own ass on the line...at night...on the side of a noisy highway.

From the drivers perspective it's also not hard to understand how somebody could be rattled and anxious from the stress of being in an accident, and be thinking about a million other things other than "is this cop gonna confuse my wallet for a weapon?"
Personally I always keep my hands in plain sight and never make sudden movements when dealing with the police in a traffic situation, but this guy wasn't in a stop situation, he was waiting on the officer to make an accident report and evidently wasn't thinking along those same lines.

He might have lost the civil suit, but at least he's okay. Id bet both the driver and the officer are going to be carrying some emotional baggage from that incident for a while.

And I would love to see every anonymous poster online who uses language like "cop apologist" to go work a beat for a year in a place like St. Louis or Chicago on GoPro with a live feed that never turns off while they're working.

It would be fun to take bets. Does he adhere to their ideology? Does he have the courage? Will that courage get them killed? Or will craven hypocrisy spare his life?

Hell, that sounds like a hell of a drinking game.

Who said it was supposed to be easy?

What's next, the soldier with PTSD gets to come home and kill his wife, and not go to jail?

I'm not saying that the guy should be charged with attempted murder, but certain mistakes are a crime.

Dude aggressively got out of the car, facing the cop and pulling a black thing out of his pockets with both hands.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Know what to do if a cop pulls you over? Not that.
He wasn't pulled over. Cop arrived at the scene of a fender bender. Dood rushed out to give his "story" to save a few bucks on insurance, I guess. This happens a lot.

:22 second mark of the video the cop yells let me see your hands for the first time.
This is when the guy really starts fumbling around and tries to put his hands up as quick as he can.
Shots fired at 24 seconds and both his hands were in the air as he was shot.

If the cop didn't start yelling a pointless order given the situation, he would have never extended his hands out like that in the first place.
He was moving slowly before the cop started yelling at him.

If you think someone has a gun you need to order them to drop it, not move their hands around.

Who said it was supposed to be easy?
Liberals. Like, for three fucking years straight. Vacuous bluff.
What's next, the soldier with PTSD gets to come home and kill his wife, and not go to jail?

I'm not saying that the guy should be charged with attempted murder, but certain mistakes are a crime.
This one isn't, yet you're whining like it is.

This is what's fucked up about this kind of situation, apparently it's YOUR job to handle the situation in a calm manner and avoid triggering the special snowflake that is the cop into a shooting panic.

I don't know why people think it's surprising when the driver doesn't act in the most collected manner know to man when someone points a gun at him and starts shouting. You don't get to shoot someone for acting erratically when you were the one who caused them to act like that in the first place.

Besides, the driver did exactly what he was instructed to do: show his hands. Turns out you have to move your hands to show them, and apparently that is an act of deadly force. I guess the driver was expected to act calmly and de-escalate the situation (something he's not trained or paid to do) after the cop introduced a gun into the equation.

It's really easy, and I'm guilty of it myself, to criticize people in these situations when the truth is, you have no clue how you would react to someone in this situation.

I remember one time in the army we were doing some CQC training in a shoot house and the first couple runs we did we were told all occupants were hostile, so we ran through there and blasted everything.
Then after a few of those we were told on the next run that there were non combatants in the building so to watch our fire... we'll I guess our unit didn't have any non combatant paper targets because the "non combatants" were just regular targets with huge fucking pieces of black tape put over their weapons. Needless to say we wasted everyone in the shoot house.

It's really easy, and I'm guilty of it myself, to criticize people in these situations when the truth is, you have no clue how you would react to someone in this situation..

Good point, Cops are supposed to have training its just absurd they get away without punishment when perceived threat is used and there is nothing to back up. It was easy to spot the wallet it resembled nothing like a gun, Cop with bad eyesight and training should not get a pass.

Good point, Cops are supposed to have training its just absurd they get away without punishment when perceived threat is used and there is nothing to back up. It was easy to spot the wallet it resembled nothing like a gun, Cop with bad eyesight and training should not get a pass.

Uh... what?

If I was that cop, I probably would have wasted that clown too... jumps out of the car, running towards the cop, pointing his wallet at the cop while holding it with both hands... what the fuck was that guy thinking? lol

Yes, even the military training I had of guarding an object in a civilian area was far stricter than to allow stressed behavior like that, and that was still training for guarding during a time of war. The police operate in peace time and deal with far more people, which means that they have to be even calmer in their approach.

Add to this that the cop was arriving at an accident, he wasn't pulling someone over. After being involved in accidents people are often in chock and can act a bit irrationally, which means that you need even more patience.

Uh... what?

If I was that cop, I probably would have wasted that clown too... jumps out of the car, running towards the cop, pointing his wallet at the cop while holding it with both hands... what the fuck was that guy thinking? lol

precisely my point, you would make shit cop

Back