Al Iaquinta Wants Tony Ferguson Fight in November

Sounds like Al should give Tony his business card

What the fuck goes through Tony's mind

He's so clearly not mentally all there

That's what makes him so good.

God knows what he and Eddie Bravo talk about up at Big Bear during training camps.

Which means he refuses to fight Iaquinta.

Well, I can understand it - Iaquinta heavily underrated and can definitely beat him.
How is Iaquinta underrated? He is a sloppy brawler who only throws power punches. He has zero diversity to his game. His only win in 3 years is the ghost of Jaygo Sanchez.

Doesnt even belong in the top 15. Loses to unranked guys like Taisumov, Gillespie, Islam, Duffy, Teymur imo.

Ferg finishes before the 2nd round horn sounds no problem.

Frank Mir hurt DC with kicks to the body

DC is very vulnerable to the body, and with kicks...

Gus got DC with check knees a couple times as DC stepped in

Also because DC is so jumpy to the body, he's jumpy to fients to the body.

Gus used the body jab brilliantly to condition DC, then would shoot the right straight up top off the body jab or off fienting to the body.

To DC's credit. He's smart. He knows Jones gives him trouble because of the leg length and kicks. DC says He struggles mightily against Rockhold in sparrings for those very same reasons.

He knew Stipe wouldn't give him much trouble stylistically. DC hand picked that fight very well.

DC knows his weaknesses. He knows it's lomg range kickers like Rockhold and Jones.

On another note, this is why Cain beats DC - and why Cain wouldve beaten Jones.

Because Cain is a kicker first and foremost who's all about setting up his kicks with punch combinations etc. Very versatile. Cain is also much more prone to wrestling. DC is all about using his wrestling to dirty box in the clinch. Where as if Cain were in the clinch against Jones, hes not going to sit there and clinch fight with Jones, if the dirty boxing isn't there, Cain WILL DROP levels and dump Jones immediately. Cain would've wrecked Jones with kick combinations and TDs.

Man I miss Cain so much. The greatest most talented HW I've ever seen
Cain was pretty awesome. It sucks seeing what career he’s had vs what it could’ve been.

I agree with the part about dc getting hurt to the body. Gus and jones can do stuff like that tho cause his has shown some of the best tdd in the division and can get back to his feet. These guys are much faster than stipe too. He’s just not much of a kicker and if he tried it would be too slow and turned into a td. He has decent wrestling but when a guy that big gets put on his back, and has to try to get back up, it completely drains your gas tank.

I think stipe has the tools to best dc, but he went into that fight thinking dc wouldn’t be able to hurt him. It seemed like he thought he could go in and just start throwing power shots and put him away but that obviously didn’t happen.

that capitalizing every word thing that Tony does irks me

IRKS ME I TELL YOU!!!!!!!

What the fuck goes through Tony's mind

He's so clearly not mentally all there

His entertaining l, paradoxical, unpredictable/improvisational yet precise/and weirdly economical... doesn’t correlate or parallel to promotional presentation or verbal game.

Just comes off as well... yeah not so good, at best.

Still better than colby though, IMO.

Still I think he’s gonna be champ at some point, if he’s healthy.

Last edited:
Fergy needs to fight Diaz/Porier winner or replace diaz if he doesnt fight.

Or get khabib/conor winner if GSP doesnt get it before him.

Fergy needs to fight Diaz/Porier winner or replace diaz if he doesnt fight.

Or get khabib/conor winner if GSP doesnt get it before him.
i agree. if dana doesnt want to give gsp the shot maybe gsp would be willing to fight diaz/poirer for a #1 contender. if its diaz especially i think gsp would accept that since diaz is a solid name and thats an easy ass win for georges. poirer is less known and a harder fight so i doubt gsp would take that if poirer were to win at 230.

I agree that he doesn't deserve Tony, but since Conor and Khabib are booked I suppose Tony could take the fight if he wanted to get his confidence up for the championship fight. Although, by no means should he feel obligated to fight Al. He could also keep rehabing and have a rightful claim to the next titleshot. However who knows in this "what have you done for me lately" climate. It might be a bit risky if another contender puts on a great performance.

Don't feed the troll.
tenor.gif

Back