Media Al Iaquinta Says He’ll Beat Kevin Lee Again + Get Another Title Shot Before Conor Does

Al went the distance with Khabib
Conor tapped like a child
Raging Al> Conor
And back in 2016 mystic Mike K.O predicted Iaquinta fighting for the belt (not on Sherdog tho, was lurking back then)

I'd like to see him beat Kevin Lee again and get a red panty night after.

Him and Conor have a blood now with all the words exchanged.

I say he gasses Conor, drags him into deep waters and knocks him out.

Yeah I feel Ragin' Al doesn't get enough credit for at least going the distance against Khabib on short notice. That was a really gutsy performance and it made me an even bigger fan of him.

Al grinds Conor to a UD.

Conor would demolish Ragin' Al, I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about

Conor would demolish Ragin' Al, I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about
Would he though?

Al has some of the best cardio in the division and Conor the worst, his chin is cast iron and he has dynamite in his fists.

If Conor doesn't knock him out early, which nobody has come close to doing, he'll get killed in there.

Especially this version of Conor with no soul that Khabib stole.

Al would wrestle Conor and finish him standing in the 3rd.

Would he though?

Al has some of the best cardio in the division and Conor the worst, his chin is cast iron and he has dynamite in his fists.

If Conor doesn't knock him out early, which nobody has come close to doing, he'll get killed in there.

Especially after Khabib took his soul.

Al doesn't have the ground game of Khabib, and as good as his chin is, it isn't on the level of Diaz imo. I also disagree that Conor has some of the "worst" cardio in the division, it's average. Al's last 3 finishes have been a washed up Sanchez, washed up Lauzon, and a washed up Pearson. I thought Diaz took Conor's soul too, but we saw how he bounced back from that. I guess a grind out decision is possible, but I think Conor has more ways to end the fight than Iaquinta.

raging al gonna ko kevin lee

Anybody else feel like Al beats Kevin Lee and then they pin him against Conor?

It’s so weird how Sherdog is trying incredibly hard to make Iaquinta out to be elite

It’s so weird how Sherdog is trying incredibly hard to make Iaquinta out to be elite
He beat Kevin Lee and nobody has ever really beaten Al besides the Khabib decision and a few submission losses when he was green.

I don't see many weaknesses in him.

Al doesn't have the ground game of Khabib, and as good as his chin is, it isn't on the level of Diaz imo. I also disagree that Conor has some of the "worst" cardio in the division, it's average. Al's last 3 finishes have been a washed up Sanchez, washed up Lauzon, and a washed up Pearson. I thought Diaz took Conor's soul too, but we saw how he bounced back from that. I guess a grind out decision is possible, but I think Conor has more ways to end the fight than Iaquinta.

Conor loses his punching power fast and that's his only way to win. You don't want to be a sitting duck in there with someone who has a gastank, heart, and power like Al.

How so? Al has power in his hands plus better grappling a solid chin and an endless gas tank. He can catch Conor, GnP Conor or just out volume and out last Conor to a decision while Conor has to hope he can catch him and put him out in the first round which with his extremely over rated "death touch" is highly unlikely.

What exactly am I missing here?

By the skin of his teeth in the second fight, finished in the first.

Diaz doesn't hit like Al either. Not to mention, I doubt Conor is the same after that public raping from Khabib.

You said his only way to win is with his punching power, yet he took a similar fighter to Al to a 5 round decision and won. I'll agree Al hits harder than Nate, but with all this talk about Al's chin. When has Conor ever been Ko'd? And like I said, Conor got embarrassed by Diaz and bounced back, then destroyed Alvarez. Who's to say he doesn't come back stronger after Khabib destroyed him?

This. His best win is jorge masvidal but anyone who watched that fight knows that was a straight robbery. His other wins are against veterans past their prime. He beat kevin lee when he was just 21 and not doing MMA training full time. Modern Lee will win in the rematch.

The guy has heart though, and maybe thats why people now overrate him because khabib couldnt finish him, but lets not forget the fight was still complete domination by khabib and it was on short notice.

Now people believe he can beat conor, styles makes fights and to me laquinta seems like a lesser version of eddie alvarez, he would get ktfo. He is also pretty small for the lw weightclass.

You said his only way to win is with his punching power, yet he took a similar fighter to Al to a 5 round decision and won. I'll agree Al hits harder than Nate, but with all this talk about Al's chin. When has Conor ever been Ko'd? And like I said, Conor got embarrassed by Diaz and bounced back, then destroyed Alvarez. Who's to say he doesn't come back stronger after Khabib destroyed him?
Anything is possible but I think Conor is finished.

Khabib dominated him in a way that Diaz never did. Made him beg for mercy. Humiliated him.

Conor was lighting Diaz up in that first fight early on. I think that gave him enough belief in himself in the second fight to survive.

I think times have changed for Conor and Al would be the first guy to outright starch him. He has all the tools and the time is now. It's almost written in the stars.{<hhh]

Last edited:
Anything is possible but I think Conor is finished.

Khabib dominated him in a way that Diaz never did. Made him beg for mercy. Humiliated him.

Conor was lighting Diaz up in that first fight early on. I think that gave him enough belief in himself in the second fight to survive.

I think times have changed for Conor and Al would be the first guy to outright starch him. He has all the tools and the time is now. It's almost written in the stars.

Written in the stars huh? <YeahOKJen>

Back