Al Franken probably will have to resign... | Page 41

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by ShoelessRye, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Mondo Freaks My left stroke just went viral

Mondo Freaks
    Ok. I never met you. Disproven in less than a second.

Whereas, Moore admitted knowing these girls and trying to date them.

no, normal men do go after teens, you fucking sick fuck. What is wrong with you? Do you really think its ok for a 32 year old to hit on teens?

He hit on a 14 year old. Do you know how scummy that is? How fucked up are you man?

LMAO. You think Moore is a lady's man for going after TEENS!!!! Jeez man. What kind of fucked up morals did your parents teach you.

Falsedawn, kpt018, AnGrYcRoW and 2 others like this.
  2. syct23 ...ElipsisBelt...

syct23

You've never played sports?

OnionKnight86 likes this.
  3. palerider500 AfraidOfTruth.com

palerider500
    Being President leaves a person pretty busy...

4. zebby23 Yellow Card

zebby23
    lol... Tweeter in chief

5. palerider500 AfraidOfTruth.com

palerider500
    His hands appear to be touching and does it matter?

She said she felt her breasts get grabbed. He DID NOT deny it.

The proof is in the pudding my friend. Stop defending people who sexually assault other people.

6. Jack V Savage Funklord of the USA and the Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Jack V Savage
    So ... they're "saving their butts" by behaving as their constituents want them to and because it's the right thing to do. OK.

I think it's legitimately sad that some people are so corrupted themselves that they can't even imagine other people acting in good faith.

7. zebby23 Yellow Card

zebby23
    lol the irony

8. palerider500 AfraidOfTruth.com

palerider500
    Nope, his non-denial is the only proof a person needs.

9. zebby23 Yellow Card

zebby23
    It's called facing the truth. Something Dems appear to know how to do and Repubs for some reason don't. Party of family values

10. IGIT Black Belt

IGIT
    'afternoon Jack V Savage,

i've kind of glossed over his posts. they're hard on my eyes and seem kind of spastic.

he needs to relax. take an aspirin. eat some ice cream. take a shit.

something.

- IGIT

11. Teppodama Brown Belt

Teppodama
    As I said, in the instance of the photo it's pretty universally agreed he made a mistake. He admitted it and apologized and she accepted it, at least initially. Every other allegation lacks that level of substantiated proof. So, are we to call for his resignation for that one incident? An incident that shows a horrible lack of judgement but hardly a desire to predate.

Who care though really. If the Democrats want to sacrifice him and he's willing to let them rather than fight for his job, his integrity and his legacy that's on them. Franken #notmysenator

12. 44nutman Black Belt

44nutman
    I can tell in this thread who does not have kids, much less a daughter.

Roy Moore is not a hill worth dying on, but that is hive mind of a majority of conservatives. Don't back down even if the guy you are dying on the hill for, got banned from a mall, got frisky with a 14 year old, known around town as liking them young, and called chicks at their High School when he was in his 30's.
    Sounds like a dude that needed his ass beat in his 30's not a fucking Senator of the United States.
    Alabama gonna Alabama.

13. zebby23 Yellow Card

zebby23
    This will all come back to bite them which is why I don't worry TOO much about it. All these choices have consequences and electing (should he win) a child predator and serial bigot will almost certainly have consequences but... As long as liberals are butthurt right Alabama?

AnGrYcRoW and HomerThompson like this.
  14. Teppodama Brown Belt

Teppodama
    They're saving their butts by helping give the mob the head of Franken rather than acting like the adults in the room and reminding everyone that mere accusation isn't proof and that if adults acting in good faith can come to terms with a situation where one apologizes for a fairly innocuous action and that apology is accepted that adults can and in fact do move on with their lives without over the top sanctions.

Anung Un Rama likes this.
  15. Jack V Savage Funklord of the USA and the Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Jack V Savage
    It doesn't help them at all beyond avoiding pissing off some of the base, which politicians should be mindful of. And I don't think there was any knee-jerking here. They didn't react with the first accusation, and if that's all there was, Franken would have taken a small hit to his rep and that's it. But additional credible accusations poured in, and leadership did the only decent thing, which was to call for his resignation.

Fawlty and HomerThompson like this.
  16. Gunny Silver Belt

Gunny
    I agree with all of this except that there is no mob. I've been following this on twitter and just scanned the active threads on the Democratic Underground https://www.democraticunderground.com/ Check it out. Rank and file Dems seem almost unanimously against this resignation. Maybe early on the only ones speaking up were out-for-blood feminists but once shit started getting serious we got a whole different picture. I think this was a major fuck up

17. Rebound59 金繕い belt

Rebound59
    LOL any other day you're whining about the hypocritical behavior of the Democrats but when it is apparent they stand by their principles, they're naive ideologues who are out of place in the political game. I think people are paying enough attention that this will benefit them in the mid-terms, if not beyond.

AnGrYcRoW likes this.
  18. Jack V Savage Funklord of the USA and the Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Jack V Savage
    It's crazy looking through this thread and seeing how many people look at *everything* through the lens of politics. These guys can't even imagine anyone just doing the right thing because it's the right thing. If I ever got so jaded, I'd probably just stop following politics altogether.

19. Diamond Jim Red Belt

Diamond Jim
    There seemed to be a pattern here and I thought it would be best for him to go. But the Democratic Party seems to think well if we clean our house then the GOP will do the same. That isn’t going to happen. It doesn’t matter if Roy Moore showed up on to catch a predator, they’ll still support and vote for him.

20. Teppodama Brown Belt

Teppodama
    We obviously see this differently Jack, but that's fine.