Al Bernstein destroys Stephen A Smith

Bernstein is a pro in a field more and more dominated by amateurs. You can hear it when he's commentating with a guy like Mauro Ranallo.

Mauro is the best play by play announcer in boxing. Lampley has declined a lot over the last decade.

The sad thing is, that's what sells. People want to hear guys with strong opinions, even if they are completely ignorant, over middle-of-the-road factual guys. Stephen A Smith stinks and so does Skip Bayless.
Plus they're really going after casuals with these basic cable fights so a large % of the audience doesn't even know how retarded he is.

Bernstein is a pro in a field more and more dominated by amateurs. You can hear it when he's commentating with a guy like Mauro Ranallo.

Ranallo is awful and embarrassing to listen to.

Having to listen to Stephen A Smith makes me wish I could introduce him to another Mr Smith.

Neo_mouth_1326.png

Teddy Scarface is another guy who is fucking annoying to have to listen to, at least for an entire fight. Last Saturday was horrible. That guy must be spending a shitload of money on blood pressure medication. His over the top screaming during the fight made me tune out of the whole thing. I hope I never hear that desperate voice again.

Last edited:
I have never enjoyed the way some boxing commentators from HBO & ESPN act like it is their duty to bitch about the state of boxing and individual matches and fighters.

Then they repeat some regurgitated garbage about how MMA match-ups are great. No fucking clue about who is a good MMA fighter or what is a good MMA match...they just use it as a mythical counterpoint to buttress their disdain for boxing.

Two fights ago Indongo was a "no name" and now he's a unified champion that's fighting one of the best boxers in the world in Crawford for the first undisputed title in over a decade. Just because you don't know who someone is doesn't mean they can't absolutely destroy people in front of them. Bailey wasn't a thinking mans boxer but he could punch the soul outta anyone's body.

Bravo Mr. Bernstein.

Steven A. Smith and Skip Bayless are both absolutely shite.
Essentially, I think Bayless is a paid spokesman that just tows the company line, but neither one of them knows shit about boxing.

Stephen A Smith is dogshit. Just like 90% of espn analysts and personalities.
And the thing is that's what espn wants, a bunch of these fools yelling nonsense. They want characters to not actually do their main job which is reporting, and instead they want people who will say outlandish shit to get attention instead. It's pretty pathetic by such a respected sports outlet but they only give a shit about ratings.

Also Al Bernstein is one of the most respected, classy, knowledgeable boxing analysts that I've ever had the opportunity to listen to. Thank you for calling this five head out on his bullshit. That statement means a ton coming from such a respected guy like Al.

He even Lavar Ball'd him loool. Stay in your lane bitch!

glad bayless left because him and Shannon are great.

No, they both are annoying as fuck. Skip Bayless doesn't know shit about anything and Sharpe looks like a goddamn neanderthal/horse hybrid. Shannon cries about the Pats all the time because he's a jealous hater.

Well I mean it's not that far fetched tbh .. Floyd is not knowing to be a ko fighter and Conor is the bigger guy and has power in his hands..would I bet on Conor ko'ing Floyd?? Hell no lol

But Floyd doesn't run from his opponents. People keep saying that but it's not true.
He stands in front of them, makes them miss, keeps them honest with counters, and starts to run away with the fight,

What's he supposed to do? Not dodge, roll with, and parry punches?

And the thing is that's what espn wants, a bunch of these fools yelling nonsense. They want characters to not actually do their main job which is reporting, and instead they want people who will say outlandish shit to get attention instead. It's pretty pathetic by such a respected sports outlet but they only give a shit about ratings.
And those ratings have free falling last I heard. Hope they get the message but I doubt it.

But Floyd doesn't run from his opponents. People keep saying that but it's not true.
He stands in front of them, makes them miss, keeps them honest with counters, and starts to run away with the fight,

I've never seen Floyd turn his back to an opponent. McGregor literally turned and jogged away from Nate Diaz.

Oh I know .. only imbeciles and just bleed Neanderthals will claim that Floyd runs... Floyd is a genius with the counter and defense.. people tho prefer pacman and that just swing mentality with no defense style .. but we all know pacman was never at floyds level.. hell Marquez got robbed be pacman multiple times

I've never seen Floyd turn his back to an opponent. McGregor literally turned and jogged away from Nate Diaz.

Funny, because of the accuracy of the statement. Even if you told that to UFC/casuals, and showed them youtubes of their fights, they would still pull a Trump and say, "WRONG"

Oh I know .. only imbeciles and just bleed Neanderthals will claim that Floyd runs... Floyd is a genius with the counter and defense.. people tho prefer pacman and that just swing mentality with no defense style .. but we all know pacman was never at floyds level.. hell Marquez got robbed be pacman multiple times

That's not a very good description of Pacquiao, either. Maybe when he first came on the scene at 126, but by the time he was beating down Morales he was plenty competent defensively.

Back