Akins Hidden JiuJitsu

I know. Kron sucks out loud, right?

I know Kron was raised more by Henry than Rickson in terms of jiu Jitsu, but Kron is an outlier, not to mention JJM also gave Kron a crapload of personal instruction , at least, that’s what I’ve heard from the pipeline.

I've never heard of Kron giving Henry much credit for his BJJ. His BJJ looks totally different than what Henry teaches as well. I believe Kron had quite a few teachers and Henry might have been one of them. One thing I have noticed is that many sons of well known Gracies were relatively average in BJJ then went to Brazil for some time and came back way better.I know a few guys that knew Rener and Ryon and said they were really average for years.Went to Brazil for a bit and came back far better. The same with Clark.

Interesting, haven’t heard this one before.

I wonder, assuming this is half true, whom they learned from in Brazil? It had to be someone Humaita related. I doubt Rener or Ryron would learn from Barra, Brassa, Nova, TT at that time. Interesting stuff.

He has a website now:

http://hiddenjiujitsu.com/member-page/

I'm debating as to whether or not I'm going to shell out some cash for his mount modules/lessons.

This pic on the website says it all, sign me up.I want to be a sniper cat
cross_side-378x324.png

Last edited:
its funny how people hate on fundamental coaches today if they dont do upside down berinbolos ect blue belts think they suck lol get those same people who shit on them and tell them to show you a elbow knee escape and youll see a million flaws

The way people like Rafa and Caio show modern fundamentals is awesome, people showing some secret detail make an outdated way to do a fundamental technique suck a little less suck.

The way people like Rafa and Caio show modern fundamentals is awesome, people showing some secret detail make an outdated way to do a fundamental technique suck a little less suck.

tbh iv never even seen rafa show anything fundamental i joined his site for 2 months last year on his fundamentals it had fucken berinbolos still i wana see him show closed guard armbars elbow nee escapes ect

Rafa had closed guard armbars on his old site. I wouldn't count closed guard armbars as basic moves. Ones that work on black belts are pretty complex to do.

Last edited:
one of our two stripe black belts went to his seminar and came back with some really cool, subtle stuff. spoke very highly of him. I've heard nothing but good things about Henry Atkins.

I've never heard of Kron giving Henry much credit for his BJJ. His BJJ looks totally different than what Henry teaches as well. I believe Kron had quite a few teachers and Henry might have been one of them. One thing I have noticed is that many sons of well known Gracies were relatively average in BJJ then went to Brazil for some time and came back way better.I know a few guys that knew Rener and Ryon and said they were really average for years.Went to Brazil for a bit and came back far better. The same with Clark.

just becasue one instructor has a diffrent style doesnt mean you havent trained with him... every single grppler after a whle delops his own style that suits him better. Does keenans bjj look like galvaos? or even lets say Floyd, who got him way before andre?

just becasue one instructor has a diffrent style doesnt mean you havent trained with him... every single grppler after a whle delops his own style that suits him better. Does keenans bjj look like galvaos? or even lets say Floyd, who got him way before andre?
The main differences in your examples is that they aren't selling a specific "style" of BJJ. Atkins marketting is based on him having insight to Rickson Gracie's style of BJJ. Kron uses techniques that neither Henry or Rickson has ever displayed. he isn't using the style of BJJ that Henry is selling. If Henry Atkins main selling point was his training methods, then your examples would be more relevant to the topic at hand.

been watching good bit of his vids i never knew about him before iv heard the name but didnt have a face to it most of things he shows is from top position mount side i wonder what he does from bottom i know he plays closed guard but wonder if he plays butterfly and his views on open guards are

The main differences in your examples is that they aren't selling a specific "style" of BJJ. Atkins marketting is based on him having insight to Rickson Gracie's style of BJJ. Kron uses techniques that neither Henry or Rickson has ever displayed. he isn't using the style of BJJ that Henry is selling. If Henry Atkins main selling point was his training methods, then your examples would be more relevant to the topic at hand.

So, kron, a dude who’s pretty known for his oldschool Bjj is not using oldschool Bjj? Mmmm

So, kron, a dude who’s pretty known for his oldschool Bjj is not using oldschool Bjj? Mmmm

Kron's BJJ looks significantly different than his Father's BJJ in competition. I haven't seen any competition or even tough rolling sessions from Henry. BTW, we obviously have a different point of view/opinion. I'm ok with that. I'm not trying to be "right" but more share my observations.

Are his seminars really mind blowing? Been watching some videos on youtube and looks like good stuff.
Haven't done a Henry Akins seminar, but I've been to one with other high level black belts that showed "invisible" jiu jitsu. It's a method of small positional adjustments that tremendously increase the amount of pressure applied. Seems legit.

to me thats how jiu jitsu should be not super over complicated techniques thats why bjj today is super fancy cause guys couldnt figure out how to adjust certain things like top pressure guys dont even do this at high levels now besides heavy weights guys when they pass guard only try to scramble for the back its sad u dont see guys dominating no gi with side control and mount anymore cause they try it and it doesnt work so they completely abandon it

i really like rob khabs pressure control for top position i think if more guys knew it they would use more fundamental jiu jitsu from the top as its so much easier to control someone

Akins tutorials are for people who love to learn. Similar to Ryan Hall's DVDs, it focuses more on concepts and when you learn it, you get the feeling that you're learning it for the first time.

I bought Henry's Half Guard passing module and his detail to make yourself 10x heavier from top half guard is something I use reguarly.

Guy seems like a blowhard sometimes, but legit black belts I know really like his stuff, so I'm probably just a moron.

Akins tutorials are for people who love to learn. Similar to Ryan Hall's DVDs, it focuses more on concepts and when you learn it, you get the feeling that you're learning it for the first time.

I bought Henry's Half Guard passing module and his detail to make yourself 10x heavier from top half guard is something I use reguarly.

thats what i prefer anyways concepts into understanding positions better and strategy everyone wants to learn fancy meta game techniques nowadays but thats not what gets you better

Back