AJ vs Parker

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’m an AJ fan and want him to win badly, but even though Parker is a huge underdog i have a weird gut feeling that Parker is going to bring an upset. Even though AJ has everything to beat Parker

AJ just doesn’t seem to be there, not as relaxed, fairly pessimistic.

(Not taking anything away from Parker, it’s just that AJ seems better for the sport at this time... as long as Wind mill gets his ass handed to him i’m happy)

What do you think?

I’m an AJ fan and want him to win badly, but even though Parker is a huge underdog i have a weird gut feeling that Parker is going to bring an upset. Even though AJ has everything to beat Parker

AJ just doesn’t seem to be there, not as relaxed, fairly pessimistic.

(Not taking anything away from Parker, it’s just that AJ seems better for the sport at this time... as long as Wind mill gets his ass handed to him i’m happy)

What do you think?

I don't see what chance Parker has to beat AJ. He's struggled in his last few fights against lesser opposition. He's shown he doesn't really have great power so he's not going to trouble AJ with a punchers chance. I don't think he's going to be able to out box AJ, as AJ looks to be the better boxer of the two. The question is how good is his chin because AJ is going to crack him at some point probably quite a few times. If he's got a great chin and AJ can't stop him then I see it going to the cards and AJ winning on points fairly comfortably.

Parker has nothing for Joshua. I will be shocked if this fight is competitive at all. I see no advantages for Parker on paper at all.

I don't see what chance Parker has to beat AJ. He's struggled in his last few fights against lesser opposition. He's shown he doesn't really have great power so he's not going to trouble AJ with a punchers chance. I don't think he's going to be able to out box AJ, as AJ looks to be the better boxer of the two. The question is how good is his chin because AJ is going to crack him at some point probably quite a few times. If he's got a great chin and AJ can't stop him then I see it going to the cards and AJ winning on points fairly comfortably.
I agree, but there’s just something off about AJ, i’m not liking it...

Could still merk Parker anyway though...

Higgins parkers coach has been chatting shit. I expect aj to go in there and wipe out parker. You're right about noticing aj is off op. Aj is fucking pissed.

This fight will be less competitive that Crawford v Indongo.

It’ll be an absolute massacre. Parker is turd.

I agree, but there’s just something off about AJ, i’m not liking it...

Could still merk Parker anyway though...

Pressure.

He has a plan and he stands to lose it all, two belts, all these mega fights, everything, Millions of pounds on top of that.

Tbf he's obviously not come to terms yet with the possibility of a loss, its something all successful fighters with that much hype have to deal with.

I've seen him a few times talking about it saying "All of my heroes, some of the greatest boxers ever all have losses on their record, you just get up and carry on".

Its a good attitude to have, this myth these days of the "undefeated fighter" comes from people dodging unless your Mayweather who was a near flawless tactical fighter.

Pressure.

He has a plan and he stands to lose it all, two belts, all these mega fights, everything, Millions of pounds on top of that.

Tbf he's obviously not come to terms yet with the possibility of a loss, its something all successful fighters with that much hype have to deal with.

I've seen him a few times talking about it saying "All of my heroes, some of the greatest boxers ever all have losses on their record, you just get up and carry on".

Its a good attitude to have, this myth these days of the "undefeated fighter" comes from people dodging unless your Mayweather who was a near flawless tactical fighter.
Well being undefeated is pretty big in boxing compared to MMA. Which is nice, but i agree in the heavies everything can happen so fast.

And well Floyd also ducked guys until they were out of their prime or fought them dehydrated as fuck.

i think aj will win comfortably, i can see it going the distance

i hope parker wins

Parker has nothing for Joshua. I will be shocked if this fight is competitive at all. I see no advantages for Parker on paper at all.

People have invented Joshua having a glass jaw, or no gas, or being stiff and slow, as caveats for Parker to win. But they're just that, inventions. This fight wouldn't happen in a million years if Parker didn't have a WBO title and that's because it isn't really competitive.

i think aj will win comfortably, i can see it going the distance

i hope parker wins
I like both guys, but i feel AJ has almost revived HW boxing on his own a bit.

He’s the guy HW boxing needed

Hope AJ unites all 5 belts, otherwise the windmill will be the new face of boxing

Then you have a technique-less guy which real boxing fans don’t enjoy watching

I like both guys, but i feel AJ has almost revived HW boxing on his own a bit.

He’s the guy HW boxing needed

Hope AJ unites all 5 belts, otherwise the windmill will be the new face of boxing

Then you have a technique-less guy which real boxing fans don’t enjoy watching

i rekon aj will duck wilder

I rewatched Parker and Hughie fury..
If Parker gets past 8 rounds I'll be impressed..
He's got the quality to win. But it would be a huge upset in my book..

AJ should win this and win it comfortable..

Parker has neither the defense to avoid AJ nor the power to hurt Joshua.

Not familiar about British Boxing promotion AT ALL.

Can anyone tell me why Eddie Hearn is so hated by some posters here?

Last edited:

Not familiar about boxing promotion AT ALL.

People say he’s arrogant. I personally like the guy... one of the biggest promoters around today, and listens to his fighters

People say he’s arrogant. I personally like the guy... one of the biggest promoters around today, and listens to his fighters

His fighters love him because he gets them title shots, and generally with home advantage. Don’t understand the hate he gets

Not familiar about British Boxing promotion AT ALL.

I like Hearne.

But he has smug gut like qualities all over his face.

It's very punchable

Back