AJ v Klitschko - 1.5 Million PPV's

Hallmans Budgie

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
AJ is the A side.

Wonder what Shekel Finkel is thinking?

This is the greatest business deal of Eddie's life...do us Brit's proud, sir.

Wembley Stadium 80,000 plus 2 million PPV's is my guess.

PPV in the UK is like 50 cents yes?

Premium American buys are 75 dollars.

PPV in the UK is like 50 cents yes?

Premium American buys are 75 dollars.
Haha. Fair point.

Though its more like 20 quid and let's say 75 dollars translates to about 60 quid for a premium American ppv.

A case could be made for gate revenue aswell. We sell more but the ticket prices are cheap.

I'm too lazy to do the maths. But I think uk ppv sales still beats murica even at a discount. Maybe they should try it. Gate revenue im nlt sure.

75 dollars seems like a lot of money to me.

Haha. Fair point.

Though its more like 20 quid and let's say 75 dollars translates to about 60 quid for a premium American ppv.

A case could be made for gate revenue aswell. We sell more but the ticket prices are cheap.

I'm too lazy to do the maths. But I think uk ppv sales still beats murica even at a discount. Maybe they should try it. Gate revenue im nlt sure.

75 dollars seems like a lot of money to me.

The point being, how many PPV would Mayweather and Pacquiao do if it were 20 quid? Mexicans and blacks are the predominant buyers of PPV, so if they're paying close to 80 or 100 dollars for events, one would assume 20 quid is easy work. Keep in mind, Blacks and Mexicans arent the top of the barrell as far as demographic incomes. Boxing in America is cherished for the sole fact that Mexicans and Blacks are the main figures in the sport

The point being, how many PPV would Mayweather and Pacquiao do if it were 20 quid? Mexicans and blacks are the predominant buyers of PPV, so if they're paying close to 80 or 100 dollars for events, one would assume 20 quid is easy work. Keep in mind, Blacks and Mexicans arent the top of the barrell as far as demographic incomes.
Then it sounds like it would work well for that particular demographic. Obviously pacman Floyd is a completely different ball game. Floyd vs anything is. What were the numbers for canelo vs GGG? that's more what we are talking about when it comes to top tier ppvs yeah? Floyd fights are like statistical anomalies. Outliers.

Then it sounds like it would work well for that particular demographic. Obviously pacman Floyd is a completely different ball game. Floyd vs anything is. What were the numbers for canelo vs GGG? that's more what we are talking about when it comes to top tier ppvs yeah? Floyd fights are like statistical anomalies. Outliers.

Canelo and Mayweather did 2.3 million. Mayweather vs De La Hoya did 2.4 million. Canelo vs GGG did 1.2 million. Canelo vs Chavez Jr. did 1million PPV. This is the reason why DAZN invested in Canelo for subscription retention

Canelo and Mayweather did 2.3 million. Mayweather vs De La Hoya did 2.4 million. Canelo vs GGG did 1.2 million. Canelo vs Chavez Jr. did 1million PPV. This is the reason why DAZN invested in Canelo for subscription retention
Fair dos canelo is killing it. The DAZN deal is going to be good for you guys.

Fair dos canelo is killing it. The DAZN deal is going to be good for you guys.

I would say the Gypsie King and Wilder are killing it. They've made so much noise in sports (because more people gravitate to Heavyweights) the Rematch is expected to easily hit more than Canelo vs GGG. With UK Press now FULLY backing Fury aside from his ''rants'' about Gays or Jews, that's all old news, the King is back! I expect the rematch in Vegas or Madison Square Garden for a whopping 1.7 million PPV buys that will have Mayweather begging Canelo for a rematch. lol 1.7 million at 75 bucks is 128 million American PPV revenue, aside from Gate sales

We are in the era of Heavyweights.

I would say the Gypsie King and Wilder are killing it. They've made so much noise in sports (because more people gravitate to Heavyweights) the Rematch is expected to easily hit more than Canelo vs GGG. With UK Press now FULLY backing Fury aside from his ''rants'' about Gays or Jews, that's all old news, the King is back! I expect the rematch in Vegas or Madison Square Garden for a whopping 1.7 million PPV buys that will have Mayweather begging Canelo for a rematch. lol 1.7 million at 75 bucks is 128 million American PPV revenue, aside from Gate sales

Is that the perception there? I can only ever really talk from my own experience so if it has that's pretty awesome. It should be a massive fight and bigger than the numbers represent. At least I think that event came off much bigger than those numbers represent. It's big news here. And hopefully you're right and a rematch puts heavyweight boxing back on the map in the states.

At US PPV prices that translates to about 500k buys. Granted it still makes him the biggest draw in HW boxing and one of the biggest in combat sports, I think Brits should be proud that with a fairly small population they've managed to propel him to that level of stardom almost exclusively via their domestic support.

After the Fury/Wilder fight the gap isnt so big anymore though. Theres now a HW fight that doesnt involve AJ that can outdraw AJ fights, that was unthinkable a year ago.

Don't agree with 1.7 million but the rematch may pass 1 million.

Don't agree with 1.7 million but the rematch may pass 1 million.

Heavyweight marketing in 2019 with the advent of social media is way more significant than it was 15 years ago. Wilder and Fury did 400k. Those numbers are insane

Back