AirDyne for cardio.

El Greco

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i have seen many Fighters use this little device. I have seen Wrestlers, Judoka, Karatekas and many other athletes use this but i have not seen any threads on this thing.

What do people think of an Airdyne (Correct spelling?)

Sure... why not.

Its a low-impact way of doing cardio because its easy on your joints.

Run.

Do complexes.

Do circuits.

Shoulder a sandbag.

Hit the heavy bag.

Utilize the tabata method.

The airdyne should be the last choice imo, that is if you want to build a high level of fitness.

No its not for replacing other forums of cardio. I just have seen amny athletes use this.

It's better than the bike because it involves the upper body as well. I wouldn't rush out to buy one but if you have access to one, by all means use it.

Hello everyone, i have seen many Fighters use this little device. I have seen Wrestlers, Judoka, Karatekas and many other athletes use this but i have not seen any threads on this thing.

What do people think of an Airdyne (Correct spelling?)

On the negative side.... It is virtually impossible to do HIIT on them because of the mechanism for increasing resistance and the wind really annoys me (that is why you see a lot of people throw towels over them). They are loud, the ergonomics suck, and they are not programmable.

On the plus side....They are relatively inexpensive compared to good stationary bikes. They are very durable and do not need a power source. The blades do cool you down if you so desire. you can pick up your feet and have a fair amount of resistance for your shoulders and arms.

I only use them if every treadmill and stationary bike is taken. I'd rather ride one than use an elipticle trainer, a recumbant bike, or a stair machine.

Back