Agree or disagree?: Frankie Edgar is top 10 GOAT in MMA.

Sure. Anthony Johnson and Chuck Liddell are both KO artists with wrestling backgrounds. That doesn't mean they're the same.

Shogun shouldn't be ranked higher. He is an objectively worse fighter. Take bias and nostalgia out of it and you're left with skill. Nothing more, nothing less.

There is no bias or nostalgia. Shogun was a Pride GP winner, a UFC champion, and was regarded as the #1 LHW for years. His accomplishments far outweigh anything Gustafsson has done in MMA, which is why Shogun will always be ranked higher than him.

Just a question. Do you have Ngannou ranked higher than Overeem on an all time list? Ngannou is surely more skilled since he beat Overeem in a fight, right?

There is no bias or nostalgia. Shogun was a Pride GP winner, a UFC champion, and was regarded as the #1 LHW for years. His accomplishments far outweigh anything Gustafsson has done in MMA, which is why Shogun will always be ranked higher than him.

Just a question. Do you have Ngannou ranked higher than Overeem on an all time list? Ngannou is surely more skilled since he beat Overeem in a fight, right?
No. Ngannou isn't near as well rounded. Overeem has/had high level grappling to go with his high level standup. Unfortunately, he just wasn't blessed with much of a chin or composure.

1.GSP
2.Fedor
3.Andersron
4.Jones
5.DC
6.Aldo
7.DJ
8.Hendo
9.Hughes
10.Nog

Same as the first list but different order. Other guys I rank ahead of him being BJ, Connor, Khabib, Couture, Dominick, Werdum, Cain, Chuck.
Also some other guys out there who can earn certified ATG status very soon depending on their future fights: Woodley, Miocic and TJ.

Anyone who scored that fight as a draw or for Maynard, had to have been drunk. Frankie spanked that boy twice. And Penn was one of the GOATS at the time. Frankie was just coming into his prime. And smashed him in the rematch, answering all questions.
I love Frankie. You're consistently ruining your thread with your own completely wrong points though. Beating BJ doesn't make him a better overall fighter than BJ, I don't think I need to explain MMAmath to you, or at least I hope I don't. Maybe he's the better lightweight, but being a close 2nd/3rd in featherweight vs BJ's winning the welterweight championship is incomparable. Don't worry though, Frankie's career isn't over yet, and he's one of my top contenders for a guy who could win 3 belts. Be hard to deny him at that point

And Maynard-Edgar was one of the most legitimate draws a fight ever could be. Shame he got shafted twice against Bendo though.

No. Ngannou isn't near as well rounded. Overeem has/had high level grappling to go with his high level standup. Unfortunately, he just wasn't blessed with much of a chin or composure.
Well surely Rory Macdonald should be ranked higher than Woodley, right?

Simple question....but if you disagree, you are A FOOL!!! And you suck at watching fights!!! Sorry i don't know how to make a poll. I suck at sherdogging. Also if you disagree please share who you rank ahead of him. Please take skills into consideration.

P.s. When we look back and talk about well rounded complete fighters. Frankie Edgar will be one of those fighters who you'd want someone to model their style after. Not a guy like Matt Hughes despite him having a more dominant title run.

I LOVE Frankie.
I do think that history is unfair to him because he should have gotten the fight against Conor and he would obviously beat him (he was NOT hunting, he was in the gym training).
I truly thought he could have gotten the belt from Aldo, but Aldo had his number.
And despite all that, I still think he is a top fighter, and he should have gotten a rematch against Ortega, and I do think he should be next (if Ortega wins).

But the fact he did not beat ALdo, and lost to Ortega and couldn't get to the top of the FW division puts a damper on his GOAT claims.
Sorry.

But Fedor, Silva, GSP, Jones, Aldo, DC, Cruz, Hughes, DJ, Bas, Nog are all guys I would put ahead of Frankie.

Disagree

Fedor
Anderson
Jones
GSP
Aldo
DC
BJ
Hendo
Nog
DJ

Lol @
Anderson - 9 losses + 2x roids
Jones - 2x roids
BJ - 11 or 12 losses? lol
Hendo - 15 losses lmao

You're not good at this. Stop.

Well surely Rory Macdonald should be ranked higher than Woodley, right?
They're pretty even. They're both well rounded and have the same issues. Neither responds that well to pressure and someone staying in their face.

Lol @
Anderson - 9 losses + 2x roids
Jones - 2x roids
BJ - 11 or 12 losses? lol
Hendo - 15 losses lmao

You're not good at this. Stop.

Well I am of the opinion that everybody is using PEDs so I'll ignore that.

Let's see your List if you can somehow laugh at 4 of the best fighters to ever live

Well I am of the opinion that everybody is using PEDs so I'll ignore that.

Let's see your List if you can somehow laugh at 4 of the best fighters to ever live
Penn isn’t one of the best fighters to ever live. He was a prodigy for his time and still fizzled out due to poor work ethic and disappointing performances.

Penn isn’t one of the best fighters to ever live. He was a prodigy for his time and still fizzled out due to poor work ethic and disappointing performances.

I think he was. You ask anyone who the most gifted fighter ever was and BJ will be in everyone's top 5. He had poor work ethic. Maybe I should have said gifted fighter for him. Anyway. Guy quoted me must be a numberwhore who ranks 16-0 Joey Joe Joe over someone like Randy Couture.

Simple question....but if you disagree, you are A FOOL!!! And you suck at watching fights!!! Sorry i don't know how to make a poll. I suck at sherdogging. Also if you disagree please share who you rank ahead of him. Please take skills into consideration.

P.s. When we look back and talk about well rounded complete fighters. Frankie Edgar will be one of those fighters who you'd want someone to model their style after. Not a guy like Matt Hughes despite him having a more dominant title run.
{<jordan}

NO

Hendo <45> the guy who lost both Pride belts when he returned to the UFC and couldnt win a single UFC belt, even Bisping did that

Hendo killed Bisping. And nearly killed him in the gifted rematch at 47 years old. Try again.

Hendo killed Bisping. And nearly killed him in the gifted rematch at 47 years old. Try again.
and Bisping still won a title <45> Hendo went 3-7 in his last 10 fights, dude got KO'd by non TRT Vitor {<jordan}

Edgar should be fighting at 135.. the guy has taken a beating by fighting 20 lbs above his class.. he's a warrior

Yes.
He did a career by beating men bigger than himself.
It's crazy that he used to be the LW champ.
I have him at #6 after Fedor, Cormier, Big Nog, Aldo and Hendo.

Back