Agree/Disagree: Wilder/Fury is the closest potential to Floyd/Pacquiao

You seem to have a hard on for shitting on Americans lol. Its sad honestly.

No one over here thinks Wilder is a bigger star than AJ right now. Dont know where you pull this nonsense from.
I came from the heavies. This forum seems more chill. So maybe I've brought some of it from there. A lot of my boxing idols are American
Amazing because you do the same thing.

“Why do Americans think Deontay is the shit?”

Theres not many that think Deontay is much more than a terrifying puncher. You act as if its some common belief that Wilder is an amazing fighter, its not. You can discredit him and call him a bum all you want but the fact is the guy is mowing people down with shit form and devastating power, and now has done it to top tier competition.

At the end of the day, everyones got a bit of the nationalistic fanboy in them. Hence why some across the pond pretend like Tyson Fury is a untouchable or that Dillan Whyte is a top HW.
Nah, fair enough. I didn't say all Americans. I do see a lot if it though. Yea maybe I am to blame a bit. But I'm just telling you what I see. Maybe I'm a bit blinkered too. Plus I've come straight form the heavies so I'm usually in war mode. So apologies if I come across as a bit of an ass. It's usually defensive mode.

I don't really think Deontay is a bum. You're right on his power and athletism I've said that before.

Haha. Fury isn't the best athlete but I think if he does come back he'll make a decent run. The fury klitchko fight was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. It was awful.

I think whyte would give wilder a good fight. Anyways. I should be a bit more careful about my phrasing when I say the lines nationalistic toxicity.

I came from the heavies. This forum seems more chill. So maybe I've brought some of it from there. A lot of my boxing idols are American

Nah, fair enough. I didn't say all Americans. I do see a lot if it though. Yea maybe I am to blame a bit. But I'm just telling you what I see. Maybe I'm a bit blinkered too. Plus I've come straight form the heavies so I'm usually in war mode. So apologies if I come across as a bit of an ass. It's usually defensive mode.

I don't really think Deontay is a bum. You're right on his power and athletism I've said that before.

Haha. Fury isn't the best athlete but I think if he does come back he'll make a decent run. The fury klitchko fight was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. It was awful.

I think whyte would give wilder a good fight. Anyways. I should be a bit more careful about my phrasing when I say the lines nationalistic toxicity.
All good its all in fun and some shit talking and rivalries make sports more enjoyable anyway.

I really havent been impressed with Whyte and I think his entire reputation is off the one punch that hurt AJ. Looking forward to seeing what he does against Browne.

All good its all in fun and some shit talking and rivalries make sports more enjoyable anyway.

I really havent been impressed with Whyte and I think his entire reputation is off the one punch that hurt AJ. Looking forward to seeing what he does against Browne.
Cool mate. Regardless of who wins that fight (I think whyte will ko him) it'll be a fun one to watch. Pretty good few months of heavy weight boxing this year.

And nationalistic shite aside. I will laugh when price gets knocked out by povetkin.

Stay here, you might have potential. The heavies is pretty bad. Your sig is an indicator that I might like you already. Seriously, that shit is funny.

Stay here, you might have potential. The heavies is pretty bad. Your sig is an indicator that I might like you already. Seriously, that shit is funny.
I'm staying mate. The heavies is an absolute shit fest. Though it does make me laugh.

Such wonderful threads like..

"Are you allowed to scream in your opponents ears" keeps it fresh.

Whyte isn’t a very good boxer. But he’s tough, can bang and is aggressive. I certainly wouldn’t favour him over Joshua or wilder but he still carries a threat. In its current state he is a top hw unfortunately

I come with facts and not conjecture. Unlike some.

Deontay is only kinda a draw because hes american kinda explosive and a heavyweight.
Anthony Joshua with more exposure in the USA would be far bigger than that bum.

So it's an unbiased fact that Wilder is a bum right?

A 40 and 0 with 39 knockouts BUM who your champ wants nothing to do with?

You are more biased than most of the people you try to call out, ass.

YouDon'tKnowShitAboutBoxing.

AJ vs Deontay.

People are sleeping on this kid. He's going to be a massive star. I get that he's not big in america but give him a couple fights there then make the wilder fight and it would be massive.

AJ is selling out 80,000 seat stadiums. 500k ppv in England alone.

I can't believe this thread is about Wilder vs Fury when we haven't even had Wilder vs AJ yet. Firstly Wilder might not get past AJ and second we might never see Fury in a ring again, at least not in any shape to be in the ring. Strange thread that seems to be overlooking the obvious....

I can't believe this thread is about Wilder vs Fury when we haven't even had Wilder vs AJ yet. Firstly Wilder might not get past AJ and second we might never see Fury in a ring again, at least not in any shape to be in the ring. Strange thread that seems to be overlooking the obvious....
Yea I came in with that attitude too. I think this was an old thread so it confused the shit out of me also. Probably also why I responded the way I did.

So it's an unbiased fact that Wilder is a bum right?

A 40 and 0 with 39 knockouts BUM who your champ wants nothing to do with?

You are more biased than most of the people you try to call out, ass.

YouDon'tKnowShitAboutBoxing.
Ahahaha. This is what I'm talking about.

AJ wants nothing to do with Wilder? No, the answer is that aj makes way more money in England. Way, way more money. The point is that aj needs to be marketed to an American audience for him to be even more of a draw.

That makes me laugh saying aj wants nothing to do with Deontay.

Leaving out the important information such as aj unifying titles against a legend in vlad klitchko in his 19th fight vs Deontay doing an 8 rounder on an under card against somebody no one knows the name of?

Yea well proven point there m8

Last edited:
I give AJ a lot of credit for that fight with Wlad, he showed a lot of heart and grit, but I truly believe that if Wilder did that his critics would call Wlad old and washed up and point out how he had just lost and looked like dog shit vs Fury.

Really dont think these two get judged on a level playing field. Yes, AJ took a harder fight earlier, no debating that. But, theyre really on the same level right now as far as accomplishments imo.

Whyte isn’t a very good boxer. But he’s tough, can bang and is aggressive. I certainly wouldn’t favour him over Joshua or wilder but he still carries a threat. In its current state he is a top hw unfortunately
Whats he done that makes him a top HW? Hit Joshua with a good punch? Beaten Helenius? Helenius was knocked out by Duhaupas and Wilder was shit on for fighting Duhaupas.

I think for all parties what needs to be done is get Joshua in America. Give him a few fights tgere and get marketed to the American audience. A bit like fury did when he went and fought Cunningham. After that making the wilder vs aj fight would be absolutely massive regardless of anyone feelings about either fighter.

As you can tell I'm a massive aj dick rider. But being honest the biggest fight there is out there is Deontay vs AJ.

It just needs to be done right.

Ahahaha. This is what I'm talking about.

AJ wants nothing to do with Wilder? No, the answer is that aj makes way more money in England. Way, way more money. The point is that aj needs to be marketed to an American audience for him to be even more of a draw.

That makes me laugh saying aj wants nothing to do with Deontay.

Leaving out the important information such as aj unifying titles against a legend in vlad klitchko in his 19th fight vs Deontay doing an 8 rounder on an under card against somebody no one knows the name of?

Yea well proven point there m8

You called one of the top 3 heavyweight boxers in the entire world a bum right after you said you bring facts not conjecture.

Do you not get how incredibly stupid that is? How incredibly stupid you are?

AJ wants nothing to do with Wilder. That is a fact. I didn't say he was scared of losing or he would get beaten. I said he didn't want to fight him now and he doesn't. Whether it's about money or risk or location doesn't change the fact he doesn't want the fight you complete idiot.

Biased fans are fine. That's part of sports. But idiots like you who claim to be unbiased and factual who spew bias nonstop are the absolute worst.

Whats he done that makes him a top HW? Hit Joshua with a good punch? Beaten Helenius? Helenius was knocked out by Duhaupas and Wilder was shit on for fighting Duhaupas.

Hes a fight away from a title shot and ranked high by every organisation. It doesn’t matter whether you rate him, it is a fact that he is a top hw. None of the guys outside outside of the champions are any good but that’s the state of the division.

Someone bumped a 2 year old thread

Hes a fight away from a title shot and ranked high by every organisation. It doesn’t matter whether you rate him, it is a fact that he is a top hw. None of the guys outside outside of the champions are any good but that’s the state of the division.
So basically you cant answer the question?

Its just proving my points of the opponent bias.

I think for all parties what needs to be done is get Joshua in America. Give him a few fights tgere and get marketed to the American audience. A bit like fury did when he went and fought Cunningham. After that making the wilder vs aj fight would be absolutely massive regardless of anyone feelings about either fighter.

As you can tell I'm a massive aj dick rider. But being honest the biggest fight there is out there is Deontay vs AJ.

It just needs to be done right.
Theyll get it done in the near future and it will be huge.

I think with these two youve got to worry about possibly taking a L and fucking up the megafight. So the whole build up thing for multiple fights comes with a lot of risk imo. Neither one of them is a juggernaut head and shoulders above a possible defeat. I mean they were both nearly knocked out in their big fights.

So basically you cant answer the question?

Its just proving my points of the opponent bias.

I just did?

What do you mean by opponent bias? If you think I’m a fan of whyte your way off the fckin mark pal. As I have clearly stated in my last 2 posts he’s a top hw by default; there’s 2 standout guys and the rest are pretty average. He has certain qualities but I don’t rate him as a fighter. You bang on about people on this board rating him yet iv literally seen no one saying that. It’s laughable

Theyll get it done in the near future and it will be huge.

I think with these two youve got to worry about possibly taking a L and fucking up the megafight. So the whole build up thing for multiple fights comes with a lot of risk imo. Neither one of them is a juggernaut head and shoulders above a possible defeat. I mean they were both nearly knocked out in their big fights.
I agree with you that they both aren't infallible. Been watching a fair bit of Eddie Hearne. Whilst he does come across as a bit of a twat I think he's a pretty decent promoter. There's only really those two guys at the top. It will be massive and it is in both their interest for AJ to break the American market first. Its risky yea but that'll be the ultimate reward.

500k ppvs in the UK is good. But it's not as good as a million in America. Especially at the disparity of ppv cost to the consumer if I recall correctly.

How much is the average boxing ppv tgere? I know the ufc is $60? Is boxing the same? It's a fair bit cheaper here.

Back