Agree/Disagree: Wilder/Fury is the closest potential to Floyd/Pacquiao

Fury's performance against Wlad is probably the most overrated that I can remember. It was pretty awful, an embarrassing hour for boxing. But all these British/Irish/Australian sherdoggers have been pumping him up ever since.
No I haven't. Dude is still better remembered for punching himself in the face and calling David price and tony Bellew gay lovers on live tv.

He's probably more remembered for running into a press conference dressed as batman.

No I haven't. Dude is still better remembered for punching himself in the face and calling David price and tony Bellew gay lovers on live tv.

He's probably more remembered for running into a press conference dressed as batman.

As he should be.

Wilder as big as pre De La Hoya Floyd? Not sure about that. IIRC Floyd was pretty popular when he fought Judah - I don't think Wilder could draw that many buys on PPV right now - and I think that bout suffered from the fact that Judah had just lost.

Klitschko would be the perfect DLH for Wilder.

Imagine Wilder KTFOs him in Vegas in PPV.

Klitschko doesn't fight in Vegas and doesn't fight on PPVs. The fight would be in Germany and no one in America (other than hardcore boxing fans) would watch it because it would be too early and because they don't care about Klitschko.

Klitschko doesn't fight in Vegas and doesn't fight on PPVs. The fight would be in Germany and no one in America (other than hardcore boxing fans) would watch it because it would be too early and because they don't care about Klitschko.
The last time he fought an American was in NYC and it did pretty good ratings on HBO. I can see this happen in MSG

Floyd/Pac took a lot of luck to happen. Also took a lot of dominant wins over 6 years (although Pac got a loss).

Now that we are on year 2 of this champion/champion streak, if Deontay and Fury continue to murk their opponents and keep talking shit for 4 more years, I think we can draw huge numbers come fight time.

Remember, despite Deontay murking Szpilka, the major headline that evening was the trash talk with Fury.

If you disagree, then which matchup has the better potential to draw bigger numbers?

I agree then and I agree now. . . .The fight between Fury and Wilder will be the biggest since Mayweather-Pacquiao. . . .There has to be some luck however in that Tyson actually is dedicated and gets back in the ring and can win a few fights and IF Wilder can dispatch the winner of Parker/Joshua. . . .The promotability is a result of both big men being undefeated with knockout power and the ability to trash talk.

They're much heavier.

Nah! mate you're over egging it, Fury beat the MAN, the guy nobody else could(well, for a decade or so). He's not aesthetically pleasing, sure but he moves well for a gigantoid and his unbeaten record in decent company shows he's capable. If he never wins another fight he reached the summit, respect.

Hahaha so how is that "summit" treating your 'mate' these days?

Sure he never fought again just like I predicted the day after he won the belts and he faked injuries to avoid a rematch and he failed drug tests and he went on a dozen insane rants against jews and women and gay people and he put on a 100 pounds give or take but none of that takes him off your imaginary summit does it?

Hahaha so how is that "summit" treating your 'mate' these days?

Sure he never fought again just like I predicted the day after he won the belts and he faked injuries to avoid a rematch and he failed drug tests and he went on a dozen insane rants against jews and women and gay people and he put on a 100 pounds give or take but none of that takes him off your imaginary summit does it?

He's on the road to redemption, be afraid, be very afraid.

Why did we bump this piece of shit thread?

Hes on the road to a fast food restaurant.

That fat slob doesnt scare anyone.

Floyd/Pac took a lot of luck to happen. Also took a lot of dominant wins over 6 years (although Pac got a loss).

Now that we are on year 2 of this champion/champion streak, if Deontay and Fury continue to murk their opponents and keep talking shit for 4 more years, I think we can draw huge numbers come fight time.

Remember, despite Deontay murking Szpilka, the major headline that evening was the trash talk with Fury.

If you disagree, then which matchup has the better potential to draw bigger numbers?
AJ vs Deontay.

People are sleeping on this kid. He's going to be a massive star. I get that he's not big in america but give him a couple fights there then make the wilder fight and it would be massive.

AJ is selling out 80,000 seat stadiums. 500k ppv in England alone.

Here is Fury's "road to redemption"...

Rocky+Road+Ice+Cream.jpg

The last fight klitchko fought was on ppv. In the UK.

Why is america the be all and end all. Weird how short sighted some Americans are.

Deontay is only kinda a draw because hes american kinda explosive and a heavyweight. Anthony Joshua with more exposure in the USA would be far bigger than that bum.

Joshuas 19th fight was a title challenge and unification bout against klitchko.

Deontays was an 8 rounder on some scrubs under card against an opponent nodoby can remember.

Why do Americans think Deontay is the shit? I have no idea.

The last fight klitchko fought was on ppv. In the UK.

Why is america the be all and end all. Weird how short sighted some Americans are.

Deontay is only kinda a draw because hes american kinda explosive and a heavyweight. Anthony Joshua with more exposure in the USA would be far bigger than that bum.

Joshuas 19th fight was a title challenge and unification bout against klitchko.

Deontays was an 8 rounder on some scrubs under card against an opponent nodoby can remember.

Why do Americans think Deontay is the shit? I have no idea.
You seem to have a hard on for shitting on Americans lol. Its sad honestly.

No one over here thinks Wilder is a bigger star than AJ right now. Dont know where you pull this nonsense from.

You seem to have a hard on for shitting on Americans lol. Its sad honestly.

No one over here thinks Wilder is a bigger star than AJ right now. Dont know where you pull this nonsense from.
Nah man. I like America honestly. But I can't abide some of the nationalistic toxicity that seems to mist up some people's glasses. I come with facts and not conjecture.

Unlike some.

Nah man. I like America honestly. But I can't abide some of the nationalistic toxicity that seems to mist up some people's glasses. I come with facts and not conjecture.

Unlike some.
Amazing because you do the same thing.

“Why do Americans think Deontay is the shit?”

Theres not many that think Deontay is much more than a terrifying puncher. You act as if its some common belief that Wilder is an amazing fighter, its not. You can discredit him and call him a bum all you want but the fact is the guy is mowing people down with shit form and devastating power, and now has done it to top tier competition.

At the end of the day, everyones got a bit of the nationalistic fanboy in them. Hence why some across the pond pretend like Tyson Fury is a untouchable or that Dillan Whyte is a top HW.

Back