Aggravated Assault Charge

AshiharaFan

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What's up sherbros?

I've never been in trouble for aggravated assault before so I have no experience with dealing with it. But I'm not the one being charged, it's my 19 year old son.

Background: My son has been staying with my mom for the past year BY HIS CHOICE because he was able to get more freedoms for self destructive behavior than he can get in my house. My mother is a piece of shit, just to get that out of the way. My nephew (my sister's son who is 23) also stays there at my mother's house. And all that my mother, my son and my nephew would do is get high and act like there is nothing else to life other than getting high.

So long story short my wife and I went to my mother's house to try to defuse a violent situation and bring my son home (even against his will if we had to). He and my nephew got into it during one of their get high sessions and shit got outta hand big time. The cops were called, my wife is all in the mix to try to keep him calm and my son was out of control. My nephew was in my mother's house when the cops arrived and while they tried to restrain him he tried to break free of their restraint in order to run up into the house to fight my nephew. By him doing that he made a "lunge" towards my wife (his mom) in order to get past her and run up into the house.

So he's being charged with terroristic threats, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and AGGRAVATED ASSAULT because he supposedly made offensive or violent contact with his mom in order to charge past her. o_O I swear these cops can be something else sometimes.

I'll be getting him an attorney on Monday so we can fight this. The cops advised my wife to file PFAs against our son (which of course she refused to do) and they advised her to press assault charges on him as well (which she also refused to do). From what I understand the DA can still pursue this charge even if the so called victim is not interested in pursuing it.

How many of y'all ever dealt with this kind of situation before? What do you know about the success rate of these charges either being dropped, dismissed or at least reduced? I feel that there is a strong lack of evidence for this charge due to many things (high on an illegal substance at the time, no intent to do harm to his mother, did not attack his mother and absolutely no harm done to his mother at all). And I wonder if the cops are intending to have the state charge him with first degree aggravated assault due to his flailing about while being restrained and resisting arrest and claiming assault on a police officer. :mad:

By the way, my son has no priors. This is his first offense. I'm hoping for the best.

Last edited:
What's up sherbros?

I've never been in trouble for aggravated assault before so I have no experience with dealing with it. But I'm not the one being charged, it's my 19 year old son.

Background: My son has been staying with my mom for the past year BY HIS CHOICE because he was able to get more freedoms for self destructive behavior than he can get in my house. My mother is a piece of shit, just to get that out of the way. My nephew (my sister's son who is 23) also stays there at my mother's house. And all that my mother, my son and my nephew would do is get high and act like there is nothing else to life other than getting high.

So long story short my wife and I went to my mother's house to try to defuse a violent situation and bring my son home (even against his will if we had to). He and my nephew got into it during one of their get high sessions and shit got outta hand big time. The cops were called, my wife is all in the mix to try to keep him calm and my son was out of control. My nephew was in my mother's house when the cops arrived and while they tried to restrain him he tried to break free of their restraint in order to run up into the house to fight my nephew. By him doing that he made a "lunge" towards my wife (his mom) in order to get past her and run up into the house.

So he's being charged with terroristic threats, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and AGGRAVATED ASSAULT because he supposedly made offensive or violent contact with his mom in order to charge past her. o_O I swear these cops can be something else sometimes.

I'll be getting him an attorney on Monday so we can fight this. The cops advised my wife to file PFAs against our son (which of course she refused to do) and they advised her to press assault charges on him as well (which she also refused to do). From what I understand the DA can still pursue this charge even if the so called victim is not interested in pursuing it.

How many of y'all ever dealt with this kind of situation before? What do you know about the success rate of these charges either being dropped, dismissed or at least reduced? I feel that there is a strong lack of evidence for this charge due to many things (high on an illegal substance at the time, no intent to do harm to his mother, did not attack his mother and absolutely no harm done to his mother at all). And I wonder if the cops are intending to have the state charge him with first degree aggravated assault due to his flailing about while being restrained and resisting arrest. :mad:

By the way, my son has no priors. This is his first offense. I'm hoping for the best.
The cops are doing you a favor, put away your son for a few years, let him get clean, maybe he'll learn something.

good cops.

The cops are doing you a favor, put away your son for a few years, let him get clean, maybe he'll learn something.

good cops.

Like how to be someone's bitch? Guess who will vote for Hillary in 2020?

What's up sherbros?
o_O I swear these cops can be something else sometimes.

Stopped reading here. If you had done your job as a parent, the police wouldn't need to deal with your shitbag son in the first place. Looking for someone to blame, take a look in the mirror.

Like how to be someone's bitch? Guess who will vote for Hillary in 2020?
the guy had 18 years to set this kid straight, now at 19, it's time for the kid to make his own fuck ups and learn from em.

i'm sure they can stich up his rectum or whatever in jail, from getting "set straight"

You should also fire that attorney and let him get his own representation, in 3months you're going to take out your 3rd loan on your house to bail out your kid again.

I have to side with the police. Your son needs a tough lesson, this sort of behavior comes with a price that has to be consistent.

Stopped reading here. If you had done your job as a parent, the police wouldn't need to deal with your shitbag son in the first place. Looking for someone to blame, take a look in the mirror.
Hey. Everybody has a tough time, kids and parents. I was a kid a bit like OP's once but straightened out.

lol @ you thinking "high on an illegal substance" is a reason they would dismiss an aggravated assault charge.

No wonder your kid is a dope.

giphy.gif

What's up sherbros?

How many of y'all ever dealt with this kind of situation before? What do you know about the success rate of these charges either being dropped, dismissed or at least reduced? I feel that there is a strong lack of evidence for this charge due to many things (high on an illegal substance at the time, no intent to do harm to his mother, did not attack his mother and absolutely no harm done to his mother at all). And I wonder if the cops are intending to have the state charge him with first degree aggravated assault due to his flailing about while being restrained and resisting arrest and claiming assault on a police officer. :mad:

<{poor?}>

I assume they weren't getting high on weed. That doesn't tend to lead to violent confrontations.

I would not pay for his attorney. I agree with not pressing charges but you need to stop coddling him.

What's up sherbros?

Is that you in your avatar?

The TS needs to let him suffer the consequences of "HIS CHOICES".

Don't give up on the kid, OP.
He's a mess, keep your distance, but you're trying to support him through a tough time and he may wise up, apologize eventually, and appreciate your efforts.

the guy had 18 years to set this kid straight, now at 19, it's time for the kid to make his own fuck ups and learn from em.

i'm sure they can stich up his rectum or whatever in jail, from getting "set straight"

You should also fire that attorney and let him get his own representation, in 3months you're going to take out your 3rd loan on your house to bail out your kid again.

Definitely this;

The police see things like this all the time when parents enable their children. It's high time he learns that actions have consequences. If he is unable to control himself when on drugs, whether it's alcohol, marijuana or other drugs, he has to stop using drugs. He didn't hurt his mother this time, but if he doesn't get his life in order, he might well do it in the future. I understand where his mother wouldn't want it press charges but if the police had cameras or voice recording they won't need her to. Let him get his own lawyer/public defender.

They're overcharging to get you to plea to a lesser charge
Think of it like the first round of a negotiation
He'll end up with a misdemeanor and probation at most which may be good for him if it forces him to clean up and learn responsibility

Your kid sounds like a real winner though, may wanna man up, stop blaming everyone elseand take charge of your child now before its too late

Back