AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. v.5 (Renewed for a Sixth Season; Infinity War Tie-In Episode)

No surprise General Psycho's Hydra. Saw that coming a mile off. Didn't see Fitz going batshit though. Dat "surgery"...

CAPTAIN MARVEL Adds Lee Pace, Clark Gregg and Djimon Hounsou to the Cast

xbR1JTn.jpg

Captain Marvel is going to be a blast from the past in more ways than one. Fans already knew the '90s-set film would see Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) back in action, but Marvel Studios revealed Monday a number of familiar faces will be joining him.

Perhaps most noteworthy will be the return of Clark Gregg's Agent Phil Coulson, who was the glue of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's early films, popping up for small roles in Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor and The Avengers — where the character died (only to be revived to headline ABC's Agents of SHIELD). He has not appeared in an MCU film since.

Marvel also revealed Monday that two Guardians of the Galaxy actors will be reprising their roles from the 2014 film. Lee Pace once again will play Ronan the Accuser, who in the first Guardians film was a fanatical member of the alien race the Kree. He was thwarted as he attempted to destroy the planet of Xandar using an Infinity Stone. Djimon Hounsou will once again play Korath the Pursuer, a mercenary who works with Ronan (and who hurt the feelings of Chris Pratt's Star-Lord because he'd never heard of him).

Brie Larson leads Captain Marvel as Carol Danvers, a pilot who becomes a powerful hero after an accident involving an alien. The film follows Danvers as she finds herself with her powers when a galactic war fought by two alien races (presumably, the Kree and the Skrull) come to Earth.

Production has begun on the film, and to celebrate Marvel released a photo of Larson researching the role at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada recently. It seems the film will take inspiration from the Kree-Skrull War storyline Marvel published from 1970-71 in Avengers #89 – 97. It went on to become one of the publisher's most influential arcs, as it saw the two alien races' battle come to Earth, as the Avengers, Fantastic Four, Captain Marvel and more tried to keep them at bay.

"If there were these two major, warlike races running around in the cosmos, it made sense to me that their intergalactic ambitions would eventually clash, if they hadn't already," writer Roy Thomas told The Hollywood Reporter in 2016 of penning the classic comics.

Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are directing Captain Marvel, which also stars Ben Mendelsohn in a villain role, Jude Law, Lashana Lynch, Gemma Chan, Algenis Perez Soto, Rune Temte and McKenna Grace. Captain Marvel is set to open March 8, 2019.

'Captain Marvel' Rounds Out Cast with Familiar Marvel Names with Agent Coulson Returning to the Big Screen

This could also mean that Agents of SHIELD will truly end on season 5 which frees up Clark Gregg from his Marvel Television contract and that's why Marvel Studios want to bring him back to the fold.

Update: March 28, 2018

AGENTS OF SHIELD Reportedly on the Bubble for a Potential Season 6 Renewal

2wxkEyy.jpg

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is currently in its fifth season, having passed the coveted 100th episode milestone several weeks ago. However, the future of the show has remained up in the air and fans have been eagerly awaiting any news of a potential season 6 renewal.

Recently, showrunner Jed Whedon indicated that while he is optimistic of a renewal, he and the rest of the creative team were playing it safe and treating the finale of season 5 as a series finale in order to give the Agents a satisfying conclusion, just in case the show was canceled. However, a new analysis from Deadline on the renewal prospects of network shows indicates that the show's fifth season may not be its last.

Deadline reports that the Marvel show is "on the bubble" for a next season, suggesting that renewal "could go either way." While the show has low live ratings, it has a strong DVR performance and is an even stronger seller on the international market for ABC Studios, a result of the Marvel Studios brand. These facts, along with the show serving as a marketing platform for Marvel, should therefore "help its renewal prospects."

It is also important to consider that while Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has a small but very loyal and active fanbase (shout out to Agent May!), the series is highly rated and has arguably enjoyed its two strongest seasons in the past couple years, with the show continuously reinventing itself. The praise the show has, both among fans and critics, cannot be going unnoticed by both ABC studios and Marvel Television.

Additionally, as the only Marvel superhero show on network television anymore, with Agent Carter and likely Inhumans cancelled, there is more of an impetus for the show to continue promoting the Marvel brand. Remember, there were rumors last year that folks at Marvel pressured ABC into renewing the show for a fifth season...

Agents of SHIELD Reportedly On The Bubble For A Potential Season 6 Renewal

Isn’t Marvel promotion why it survived onto a second season after their ratings fell? I still mostly blame terrible scheduling, something Marvel were responsible for in the first place.

I'd be open for a 6th season. Hell yeah!

I liked the first h alf but these second half episodes are a little hard to get through. hopefully todayd episode is better.

the transition from fist fight to getting artificially inseminated was a weird one

Glenn talbot surviving being shot in his forehead is not even the craziest thing to happen on this show

ming na wen butt cheeks in dem leather jeans

DATASS.jpg

nice-dumb-ass-meme-brother-behold-dat-ass-thor-quickmeme-dumb-ass-meme.jpg

next episode looks like it will be packed with action war Jax Yo-Yo

Latest episode was great. All the flashback Hydra scenes were very engrossing. Great to see young Sitwell and young Baron Strucker.

It was cool to see Coulson seeing through Hale's psychological theatrics with Ruby and the canteen.

Fitz's reaction to Deke being his grandson was funny. I was expecting he'd warm up to Deke, but his reaction was more of disgust and disappointment. He also throws some shade at his future daughter.

I assume the war the Confederacy is talking about is the Kree-Skrull War.

Latest episode was great. All the flashback Hydra scenes were very engrossing. Great to see young Sitwell and young Baron Strucker.

It was cool to see Coulson seeing through Hale's psychological theatrics with Ruby and the canteen.

Fitz's reaction to Deke being his grandson was funny. I was expecting he'd warm up to Deke, but his reaction was more of disgust and disappointment. He also throws some shade at his future daughter.

I assume the war the Confederacy is talking about is the Kree-Skrull War.

Hahaha "He's the worst."

Also, it's probably the K-S war, but I like to think Infinity War.

Back