Locked AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. v.4 (Season 5 Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: May 16, 2017

AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5 Confirmed for Full 22 Episode Season

k8yemfp.png

Once Upon a Time and Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. have both been moved to Friday nights on ABC’s fall schedule, the network announced Tuesday morning ahead of their upfronts presentation.

OUAT will launch at 8 p.m. ET, followed by the debut of new super series Marvel's Inhumans, which will run for eight episodes. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will then launch later in the fall, possibly midseason. Both Once and S.H.I.E.L.D. will still have 22 episode seasons.

“We’ve turned Friday into more of a destination for our fantasy and science fiction fans,” ABC Chief Channing Dungey told reporters Tuesday morning. “Once Upon a Time and S.H.I.E.L.D.are airing on the same night for the first time, which is giving many fans of both shows what they’ve been asking for for a long time.”

Once Upon a Time’s sixth season ended Sunday, while Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s finale airs Tuesday night. Marvel’s Inhumans will launch its first two episodes in IMAX on Sept. 1 before debuting on the network three weeks later with exclusive new content.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/16/once-upon-time-agents-shield-fridays-abc/

Update: May 11, 2017

It's Official: AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Renewed for Season 5!!

C_lVRmfU0AATrSF.jpg:large

Agents of SHIELD has been renewed for a fifth season. Marvel's first live-action scripted drama will return for a fifth season. After moving back an hour to 10 p.m. on Tuesdays, the series has found its footing and helped solve the network's problem in the slot. The drama remains a solid DVR performer and is a sturdy performer internationally.

Sources tell THR that the drama starring Clark Gregg and Ming Na has been working to reduce costs for its fifth season, with ABC looking to lower the drama's budget on the ABC Studios-produced series. Season four averaged a 1.7 among adults 18-49 with seven days of DVR and 4.6 million total viewers. It will join fellow Marvel drama The Inhumans on the network's schedule.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/abc-renews-agents-shield-1002925

Link to previous thread:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/a...fitz-no-longer-a-kree-edition.2952823/page-51

Last edited:
Update: July 22, 2016

Ghost Rider is Officially Coming to AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4

UOSO0Wm.jpg

According to Comic-Con reports, the Agents of Shield logo burns away to reveal the flaming skull of Ghost Rider, doing his penance stare. Followed by the slogan "Vengence is Coming." No information yet on which version of Ghost Rider will be appearing. Season 4 will premiere on September 20th.

Update: Marvel Entertainment has confirmed that the character will be coming to the series but not the version you might think, as Gabriel Luna will play the role of Robbie Reyes, the most recent incarnation of the character.

“Season 4 will unquestionably be the series’ biggest, most ambitious story yet, and it all begins with the introduction of one of our greatest legacy characters in Ghost Rider,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “When the Spirit of Vengeance rides into S.H.I.E.L.D., it’ll change everything.”

First appearing in 2014’s All-New Ghost Rider #1 from Felipe Smith and Tradd Moore, Robbie Reyes is a young mechanic living in Los Angeles possessed by the Spirit which he uses against the local gangs and to win street races. He also went up against a villain previously found in Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, Mr. Hyde.

Ghost Rider promo teaser from Comic-Con:

Ghost Rider's car unveiled at Comic-Con:

Gabriel Luna cast as Robbie Reyes a.k.a. Ghost Rider.

243j31e.jpg

Ghost Rider Confirmed for Agents of SHIELD Season 4; Gabriel Luna to Play Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider

Update: July 21, 2016

GHOST RIDER Rumored to Appear in AGENTS OF SHIELD Season 4

Agents-of-SHIELD-Ghost-Rider-072116-Dragonlord.jpg

A source from Heroic Hollywood has confirmed that the rumors of Ghost Rider's introduction to the Marvel Cinematic Universe -- via ABC's Marvel series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. -- are officially a done deal.

That's right, all rumors and speculation that the series was leading up to the introduction of the fan favorite characters were true, and as a result, all rumors surrounding a Netflix-based Ghost Rider series are (at this stage) not accurate.

Rumors that Ghost Rider could be joining the "Secret Warriors" started when flaming chains were seen on some San Diego Comic-Con advertising. At that time, it seemed possible they could also be featuring the Hellfire character, who is also known for lugging around flaming chains.

However, despite such rumors, the source confirms that it will be Ghost Rider -- not Hellfire -- who joins the series. But it gets much more interesting than that: It's not going to be the Johnny Blaze version of Ghost Rider.

Then, TV Line reported that season 4 was looking to cast “a pair of Latino brothers, one of whom is always the most dangerous person in the room, the other paralyzed in a wheelchair.” That's a spot on description for Robbie Reyes and his brother, the Marvel NOW! reboot of Ghost Rider.

Instead of being inhabited by the Spirit of Vengeance, Robbie gets bonded to a serial killer that performed magic rituals. That gives him slightly different, but similar powers to Johnny Blaze, but doesn't overwrite any Ghost Rider canon.

HOT LRM RUMOR: Prepare Yourself for GHOST RIDER on 'AGENTS of S.H.I.E.L.D.'!

Update: June 30, 2016

AGENTS OF SHIELD Season 4 Casting Teases Possible Ghost Rider Appearance

Ghost-Rider-Agents-of-Shield-Dragonlord.jpg

Maybe Ghost Rider is coming to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. after all.

Earlier this month, an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Comic-Con advertisement on the side of a San Diego light rail showed some fiery chains. Most fans assumed that the fiery chains belonged to Hellfire who’s got a long history with Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Skye. After all Hellfire’s alter ego James “J.T.” Taylor did make a brief appearance on Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3. Not only that, but Hellfire does share some roots with the original Ghost Rider.

Most fans ruled out the possibility of Ghost Rider assuming the special effects required would either be too expensive for TV or that Marvel would want to save the character for Netflix where they could take a darker tone than network TV. However, a new casting notice suggests that Ghost Rider might actually be coming to Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., even though it might not be the one that most fans might expect.

Most people know of motorcycle-riding Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider, which is the version Nicolas Cage played in the movies. However, there are other versions of Ghost Rider that have appeared in the comics.

The characters in the casting notice are listed as a pair of Latino brothers. One is classified as "the most dangerous person in the room" and the other is "paralyzed in a wheelchair". If that sounds familiar, it's probably because it bears an eerily close resemblance to Robbie and Gabe Reyes, who starred in the 2014 Marvel NOW! Ghost Rider series.

The series, by Felipe Smith and Tradd Moore, was a new take on Ghost Rider focusing on the brotherly bond between its main characters Robbie and Gabe. Robbie has a natural talent for mechanics, but nothing is more important to him than the health of his disabled brother Gabe.

In addition to the classic powers we've come to know, Reyes also had access to the Hell-Charger, a hellfire imbued 1969 Dodge Charger. Robbie gets his powers after an unfortunate run-in with Dr. Zabo's hit squad costs him his life, blowing up a car in all the gunfire. Ironically that car is what allows him to come back, as the spirit of Eli Morrow gives him new life and his new powers.

It would be an interesting addition to the show, and if you're going to bring in Ghost Rider, this is certainly a unique way to do so.

Also, keep in mind that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D was shifted back to 10 PM to allow the show to have an edgier tone.

Is Agents Of SHIELD Casting Ghost Rider After All?

Last edited:
Update: March 3, 2016

ABC Renews Marvel's AGENTS OF SHIELD for a Fourth Season

Agents-of-SHIELD-Season-3-Poster-Dragonlord.jpg

ABC and Marvel have just announced that Marvel's Agents of SHIELD will be back for a fourth season.

With the midseason premiere right around the corner and Agent Carter behind us, ABC is taking Coulson and his Agents for another ride in Lola around the Marvel Universe.

It’s a surprising move from the studio to announce a renewal this early. Usually news of these renewals come in May, but with the recent changes at the network including the replacement of Paul Lee with Channing Dungey, it’s a breath of fresh air.

Clearly ABC has faith in the Marvel Universe show and with an expanding slate of Marvel-centric television coming soon with Marvel’s Most Wanted and Damage Control, Agents of SHIELD would serve as a great backbone for a Tuesday night that’s packed to the gills. With this fourth season, there’s a very good chance that we’ll see a fifth and that syndication is in ABC’s sights.

Agents of SHIELD mid-season premiere will be this Tuesday, March 8 at 9:00 PM ET on ABC.

ABC and Marvel Renews Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for a Fourth Season

Update: May 12, 2016

ABC Not Moving Forward with MARVEL'S MOST WANTED

Agents-of-Shield-Spys-Goodbye-Dragonlord.jpg

ABC has decided not to pick up the Marvel's Agents of SHIELD spin-off, Marvel's Most Wanted. The show was to star Adrianne Palecki and Nick Blood and follow the duo on covert operations as Mockingbird and Lance Hunter.

Mockingingbird and Lance Hunter had an emotional goodbye this season on SHIELD leading many to hope the show would get picked up. Oded Fehr, Delroy Lindo, and Fernanda Andrade were also set to co-star in the Paul Zbyszewski written drama.

Following the news of Agent Carter's cancellation, this now leaves ABC with just one Marvel show on the network. We've yet to hear anything on Marvel's Damage Control, but chances are that's being held until a later date. Also being developed is a Cloak And Dagger show that was announced earlier this year for ABC's Freeform channel.

ABC Not Moving Forward with Agents of Shield Spinoff 'Marvel's Most Wanted

Update: March 23, 2016

Oded Fehr and Fernanda Andrade Join MARVEL'S MOST WANTED

Oded-Fehr-Resident-Evil-Dragonlord.jpg

Oded Fehr and Fernanda Andrade have joined Marvel's Most Wanted, ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff, SpoilerTV reports. No details are yet known about the nature of their roles.

The series stars Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood in their Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. roles of Bobbie Morse (Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter. They're joined by Delroy Lindo, who will bring Marvel Comics' swashbuckling spy Dominic Fortune to life.

Fehr is best known for his role as Ardeth Bay in The Mummy and its numerous sequels. He has also appeared in the Resident Evil series, as well as Charmed and Sleeper Cell. He is no stranger to comic book adaptations, having lent his voice to Justice League, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Young Justice, Ultimate Spider-Man and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.

Andrade has appeared in The Devil Inside and played minor roles on Law & Order: LA, Sons of Anarchy and CSI: NY.

Oded Fehr and Fernanda Andrade Join 'Agents of SHIELD' Spinoff Series 'Marvel's Most Wanted

Update: February 22, 2016

First Official Synopsis for MARVEL'S MOST WANTED

Adrianne-Palicki-Bobbi-Morse-082015-Dragonlord.jpg

Synopsis: Centers on Bobbi Morse (a.k.a. Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., two ex-spies and ex-spouses who are on the run with no friends, no S.H.I.E.L.D. and a long list of enemies looking to claim a bounty on their heads.

Able to trust no one but each other, Bobbi and Hunter form an uneasy alliance with Dominic Fortune (Delroy Lindo), a rogue adventurer with a wealth of resources and even more adversaries, who agrees to protect them so long as they help him with his own agenda. These two heroes will help anyone in need, all while trying to uncover the conspiracy that put their own lives in jeopardy.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. executive produer Jeffrey Bell and series writer Paul Zbyszewski are developing Marvel’s Most Wanted. They wrote the pilot and if the show goes to series Zbyszewski will serve as its showrunner. The Marvel’s Most Wanted pilot is expected to air later in 2016.

First Official Synopsis For Marvel's Most Wanted Released

Update: January 26, 2016

Delroy Lindo Cast as Dominic Fortune in MARVEL'S MOST WANTED

Delroy-Lindo-Dominic-Fortune-Dragonlord.jpg

Marvel’s Most Wanted is assembling its team. Delroy Lindo has been cast opposite Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood in the ABC pilot, which originated as an Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff revolving around Palicki and Bloods respective characters Barbara “Bobbi” Morse, aka Mockingbird, and Lance Hunter.

Lindo (Believe, The Chicago Code) will play Dominic Fortune. The character first appeared in 1975’s Marvel Preview #2, in a story written and drawn by comics legend Howard Chaykin. A rogue, adventurer and handgun aficionado in the 1930s, Fortune craved wealth and excitement with his globe-trotting odysseys.

Marvel’s Most Wanted was created and written by S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Jeffrey Bell and Paul Zbyszewski, who executive produce with Jeph Loeb for Marvel Television and ABC Studios. Lindo most recently co-starred on the ABC/ABC Studios drama series Blood & Oil.

‘Marvel’s Most Wanted’ ABC Pilot Casts Delroy Lindo As Dominic Fortune

Update: January 8, 2016

Clark Gregg Thinks Inhumans Movie Will Be Its Own Cinematic Version

Agents-of-SHIELD-Inhumans-Dragonlord.jpg

The Inhumans movie may be the final film on the current Marvel Studios schedule, but that hasn’t stopped Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. from introducing the mysterious race of genetically engineered, super-powered people to the Marvel Cinematic Universe a little earlier.

Despite that, star Clark Gregg doesn’t see there being a whole lot of connective tissue between the Inhumans movie and what occurs on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and expects the Inhumans of the big screen to be quite distinct from those on the ABC series.

"The Inhumans movie I suspect will be its own cinematic version," Gregg told Digital Spy. "That writer and director will have free reign to do what they want to do with the Inhumans. But hopefully there'll be some way that our Inhumans connect to that. It'd be too bad if that was wasted."

"What's kind of necessary for the show to work is that it is its own thing and it's not dependent upon those crossovers," Gregg suggested. "They're just fun stuff that happens once in a while. They destroy the organisation our show is named after and we have to deal with that! I'll be interested to see how it evolves, that crossover stuff."

Clark Gregg Thinks Inhumans Movie Will Be Its Own Cinematic Version

Update: July 16, 2015

Dubsmash War Between Agent Carter and Agents of Shield

agents-carter-vs-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-dubsmash-war-continue-une-631x250.jpg

If you don't know what Dubsmash is, it's time to learn. The mobile app allows users to create short videos using the selfie camera dubbed over with famous sounds and/or song clips. Basically, it's Vine plus MTV.

This app would probably be languishing in relative obscurity for anyone over the age of 20 if not for Hayley Atwell aka Marvel's Peggy Carter. For weeks her Twitter has been a parade of celebrities singing six second karaoke.

But things really heated up once Comic-Con started. A dubsmash war broke out between two teams: Hayley Atwell and James D'Arcy on one side and Clark Gregg and Chloe Bennet on the other. It started out innocently enough. But things quickly spiraled out of control in the best possible way.

Dubsmash War Between Agent Carter and Agents of Shield

Comments: Their Dubsmash war is absolutely adorable. Agent Carter wins the pre-charity Dubsmash War when they recruited a special star-spangled guest on their side.

Update: Atwell and Gregg took their Dubsmash rivalry to Lip Sync Battle. Here's a clip:

Alright, this episode was definitely better than the last
It's nice to finally finally FINALLY have Daisy out of the goddamn mind control shit. One thing that seemed a bit retarded was how easy Lash randomly died to fire whip guy. Like, c'mon, son. Wtf was that. But as a whole this was a much better episode.
Agreed. I was like epic fail time.
200.gif

Yeah...

The episode was pretty good, and Lash seemed to have any easy time with the big bad, then it was like he hit a walk off and forgot about him completely. Wish we saw more interaction with good guy Lash, I feel he went too easy and too soon really, but it was cool what he did.

I hope Simons doesnt die. She is one of the only HAWTY's left, and her and Fitz are finally bumpin' uglies, poor dude....

I am tired of Electro boy. Not a big fan of actors with monotone, woe is me, soft pussy voices, and Daisy having a love interest never works out. I feel that dude will die, well at least I hope he does....

Last edited:
Yeah...

The episode was pretty good, and Lash seemed to have any easy time with the big bad, then it was like he hit a walk off and forgot about him completely. Wish we saw more interaction with good guy Lash, I feel he went too easy and too soon really, but it was cool what he did.

I hope Fitz doesnt die. She is one of the only HAWTY's left, and her and Simons are finally bumpin' uglies, poor dude....

I am tired of Electro boy. Not a big fan of actors with monotone, woe is me, soft pussy voices, and Daisy having a love interest never works out. I feel that dude will die, well at least I hope he does....

Fitz is the guy and Simmons is the girl.

Great episode. Think it's kind of silly to have Lash not just finish Hive off. But cool to see him do good before he died. The entire plan to trick Daisy was really cool. Wasn't really expecting that.

They are really pushing this Aussie fire guy though.

Them giving Mack the necklace though, if they kill him off I am going to be really let down. He's one of my favorite characters.

Haha forgot about that. You may be right. Hope they do a good job with the new black character.

I think it's obvious Daisy is the chosen one to kill Hive or is a big part of the puzzle to keep him at bay. Lash is the second inhuman to die protecting her. First was Charles Hinton (the I see my future death dude) who saved Daisy from being killed by Gideon Malick with the bionic suit. Daisy is the key that is why they (inhumans) are protecting her and why Hive was willing to kill her off so easily.

So I looked up Charles Hinton on Marvel Universe...

Charles Hinton was an Inhuman able to give other people glimpses of the death of a single individual upon physical contact,

Death Prediction: Hinton was able to give other people glimpses of the future death of an individual upon physical contact.

So it says nothing of predicting the death of the person touching him. So my entire theory is out the door LOL. Now it can be anyone.

Did the episode on Charles Hinton specify that the person touching him would receive their future death prediction? IDK because I only watched it once but it certainly implied it and the fact everyone beyond Daisy who touched him saw their death (including Charles Hinton) kind of solidifies it IMO. If I watched the episode again I could see clearer but that's what was nagging me about the whole... "someone will die" episodes. They tried to give you clues but in the end it was a crap shoot so why bother with clues LOL.

Really good episode. The much-anticipated showdown between Lash and Hive was really cool but disappointingly brief. More disappointing was how Lash went out by Aussie Gambit's hands. The kids and I were bummed out he's dead and didn't get to finish the job. But love how they revealed Lash could cure the swayed Inhumans.

Also like how the episode ties in with Civil War with the Accords in the forefront of the story.

Yeah, Link does nothing for me. But he redeems himself a little to me in the last episode where they reveal he was just playing along with Daisy's plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back