After years of updates, free to play Warframe is now a really fun game

LuchaBear

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

They will be adding an open world area this month. Has anyone tried this out lately?

It's on PC, Xbox and PS.

Last edited:
Last three months of 2015 i did nothing but play this game. From a first time user perspective its a great shooter style MMO. Once you get your ideal tenno and weapons modded to your liking though. You will notice that no end game content exists. While F2P, it does require the player to invest IRL money.

Defense and timed areas are the games best qualities that eventually become tedious.

Edit:
From a player movement to combat system it shits on Destiny.

Last edited:
Last three months of 2015 i did nothing but play this game. From a first time user perspective its a great shooter style MMO. Once you get your ideal tenno and weapons modded to your liking though. You will notice that no end game content exists. While F2P, it does require the player to invest IRL money.

Defense and timed areas are the games best qualities that eventually become tedious.

Edit:
you played in 2015 (so did I). have they don't anything to expand end game since then? Since that seems to be your main complaint.

you played in 2015 (so did I). have they don't anything to expand end game since then? Since that seems to be your main complaint.

Ive checked it out every few months since then. Theyve added newer Void style missions along with the constant new tenno and weapons.

Boss style fights in this type of game will never work. PvP is an afterthought to their newer co-op/gear content. Dont get me wrong though. The three months i played were an absolute blast. Running my fully modded out Volt Prime and sniper rifle made me feel like a world ender. Even played with Rhino Prime as melee fist weapons only, the execution animation of a downed opponent is satisfying : )

Game is mainly tailored to those who lets say played WoW and enjoyed making/playing alts.

I must have around 200 hrs in it, great game esp for f2p , i haven't played in around a year though

I had fun with it for a while....but wasn't a fan of the movement and animations. The gunplay was solid and tight though.

This was hands down the most fun, free game I ever played. I started in about June of 2014 and gave up about 5 months ago because I had about 600+ hours of have time in it and it was taking up waaaay too much of my time.

Never paid $1 when I quit I had all but 3 tenno including the prime ones and tons of the weapons. I made money selling parts or sets I farmed. I cannot say enough good things about this game

My brother who had no job had every tenno and weapon and arch wing in the game and never put any money in because he doesn't work and has way too much free time.

I debate about picking it back up to see what they have done but they added game modes and story over the years.

Edit:
You 100% don't have to invest irl money in this game.
I worked the plat market myself and never put money into the game.

You 100% don't have to invest irl money in this game.

Amount of time required to farm then trade your way to platinum is impractical to the newer player(especially with how flooded the trade market is). Veteran players its easier considering the vast abundance of duplicates/unused items they can trade away.

Only spent money on platinum for polarizing mod slots, expediting crafting time and increasing inventory slots. For a singular upgrade it will require a new player days to farm then craft the item. Where the process can be done in 10 seconds by purchasing platinum.

While i agree with you, their business model is designed towards new players spending money.

used to play it when it was in beta, good game tho i got burned with the grind in the end

I played it for a bit but the menu was an eye sore, the gun play was bad & the movement felt like shit. Which wouldn't be that bad but the missions were really fucking boring to boot.

Nah. Warframe is cool and I love seeing successful f2p games from passionate studios like this and Path of Exile but the guns feel like water guns and there's nothing special about them at all. Destiny's gunplay shits all over Warframe. Even Destiny's low tier guns feel great. While I'd love to be proven wrong, there's nothing like a Destiny raid in Warframe.

bump.

I'm a new player so I didn't really bothered much with tennocon and waited for someone to do a summary.

Holy shit. Tons of new content.

And as a Nidus main, the new skin looks fantastic.

Played this year's ago but never got into it. Went back recently and have been playing the shit out of it. Destiny was a waste of potential.

havent played it since beta, back when there was only 3-4 warframes

holy shit has the game developed since then, so much stuff to do that it took me a while getting into it again and im having a blast

cant belive its f2p

Gonna load this up. I played it a few years ago..

Back