After Watching Maia vs Masvidal

Guys like Maia have a sh*t ton of tricks up there sleeve to break grips and secure the choke. You can actually choke people out with one arm, Marcelo does it all the time. You can also punch and that can get guys to flinch and let go. It is tough to defend against the really good guys.....
Masvidal did.

I have to conclude that any fighter who gets RNCd is either James Toney level BJJ or is just a quitter.

No fighter worth his weight in gold should ever be RNCd. You can't complete the RNC with one arm, so the obvious defense is to keep two hand on one, and do your best to avoid those annoying pepper shots that don't really do anything.

High level fighters should not be getting RNCd unless they are prone to quit.

Tell that to Rumbles face

0/10 troll thread.

Also, you can absolutely finish the RNC one handed. ie: Denis Kang vs Amar Suloev.
One example doesn't mean anything. If you get RNCd with one arm, then you are worse than a James Toney belt. You are pathetic to be honest.

How can you people even argue against this, don't you watch fights?

The people getting RNCd is because of low IQ and/or quitting, most of the times.

You get RNCd when you are James Toney belt BJJ or you decide to give up your back, like Conor and Rumble, love to do.

It is so obvious. I wasn't expecting this much resistance from hardcore mma fans who claim to know the sport.

Tell that to Rumbles face
hahaha

He may be a tough guy against me, but when it is against his peers, they all know his heart pumps red Jell-O.

He is a quitter. He knows it. His team knows it. Other fighters know it, and most of the spectators know it.

The last thing you can call Holly Holm is a quitter and her jits isn't bad (she's the only opponent that survived on the ground with Ronda).
While I disagree with ts, holly isn't close to high level on the ground. She was nearly finished the first time she got taken down by miesha too. Miesha is pretty high level for wmma standards. Holly is novice compared to her and Ronda. Her coaches are good at game planning tho and told her to keep her arms in if it hit the ground. Ronda had her back but wanted to get another arm bar finish, rather than go for the choke and lost position.

Holly is definitely not a quitter tho and neither are people that get caught in chokes.

Lol at pepper shots I hope you're trolling otherwise you're fucking retarded
When is the last time you watched Masvidal vs Maia?

I am not that invested in this idea to spend 15 minutes watching a fight, and then making a thread about it.

It is an opinion that I have. It is based on reasonable evidence. Fighters who get RNCd are not good in BJJ or they quit. Yes, I am using colorful and strong language, but the message is solid.

Holly Holm didn't know how to defend, and her worst fear came to reality. McGregor just gave his back and told Nate Diaz "please take me."

Why aren't you folk presenting counter arguments? Deep down you know it is true. If Jon Jones ever got caught in a RNC, he would lose a lot of points with me, in the GOAT debate.

No fighter worth his weight in gold should ever be RNCd.

Price of gold per ounce: $1256
Ounces per lb: 16
Value of the 125 lb to 265 lb fighters: about 2.5 - 5 million

So basically elite championship level or megadraw.

While I disagree with ts, holly isn't close to high level on the ground. She was nearly finished the first time she got taken down by miesha too. Miesha is pretty high level for wmma standards. Holly is novice compared to her and Ronda. Her coaches are good at game planning tho and told her to keep her arms in if it hit the ground. Ronda had her back but wanted to get another arm bar finish, rather than go for the choke and lost position.

Holly is definitely not a quitter tho and neither are people that get caught in chokes.
So, you agree and yet you claim to disagree. You are contradicting yourself, just to go along with the herd.

I clearly stated there are two options 1) You are a novice (James Toney level) or 2) You are a quitter.

You explained that Holly Holm is a novice, that is one option. So, where is your disagreement? HAHAHA

Many times you're trying to improve your position and in the UFC usually you only have 3 five minute rounds to win. If you get backpacked for 1 or 2 rounds you're going to lose anyways on octagon control. It's the scrambles and trying to improve position/stand that gets them into trouble. That and sometimes cockiness that they can't get RNC'ed but I'm a firm believer that anyone can get caught in a sub under the right circumstances.

I have to conclude that any fighter who gets RNCd is either James Toney level BJJ or is just a quitter.

No fighter worth his weight in gold should ever be RNCd. You can't complete the RNC with one arm, so the obvious defense is to keep two hand on one, and do your best to avoid those annoying pepper shots that don't really do anything.

High level fighters should not be getting RNCd unless they are prone to quit.

Didn't Maia finish Brown with a one arm choke?

Last edited:
So, you agree and yet you claim to disagree. You are contradicting yourself, just to go along with the herd.

I clearly stated there are two options 1) You are a novice (James Toney level) or 2) You are a quitter.

You explained that Holly Holm is a novice, that is one option. So, where is your disagreement? HAHAHA
I'm pretty sure I wasn't commenting on your retarded logic. Yes, holly is novice and that's why she got caught in it. The guy I replied to said that she was pretty good on the ground.

As for your logic, I've watched pretty high level guys get caught in a rnc, that weren't quitters. Matt Hughes is a high level grappler, and got caught in one by a lw. He's not a quitter, nor is he novice. Sometimes you get caught by people that are better than you.

Don't worry everyone. TS is a legit badass. He's totally credible enough to shun these pro fighters.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't commenting on your retarded logic. Yes, holly is novice and that's why she got caught in it. The guy I replied to said that she was pretty good on the ground.

As for your logic, I've watched pretty high level guys get caught in a rnc, that weren't quitters. Matt Hughes is a high level grappler, and got caught in one by a lw. He's not a quitter, nor is he novice. Sometimes you get caught by people that are better than you.
There are always exceptions. People get caught, I understand that.

However, my hypothesis is you watch every fight that ended in a RNC, it would be more likely because the fighter was a novice grappler or he quit.

Those two conclusions are more likely than an expert grappler "just getting caught."

Dominick Cruz got one arm choked by Faber. If there is anything that we KNOW about Cruz, it is that he is definitely not a quitter, and his fight IQ is second to none. I believe that debunks both of your points TS.

Don't worry everyone. TS is a legit badass. He's totally credible enough to shun these pro fighters.
What a ridiculous conclusion.

If a surgeon amputated the wrong limb, I guess I can't say she is a bad surgeon because I don't have her expertise.

Then why are there so many malpractice lawsuits in the USA. Shouldn't we just accept that it is okay for professionals to be incompetent, because we don't have their expertise?

An expert should know how to do his job, and there are certain aspects of the job that should rarely happen on an expert level. Pointing it out doesn't mean I am saying I am better than the expert. It just means that I am observing and paying close attention to what I am seeing.

Dominick Cruz got one arm choked by Faber. If there is anything that we KNOW about Cruz, it is that he is definitely not a quitter, and his fight IQ is second to none. I believe that debunks both of your points TS.
Was it a RNC?

Back