After watching Kevin Lee vs Ferg...the hype train will be derailed

It's weird how sherdog gives Gustafsson endless amounts of shit for his eyepoke on Glover yet here we have a thread in which Tony Ferguson, one of the dirtiest fighters in the game, is held up as a model MMA fighter and people endlessly dickride him. Jesus Christ the hypocrisy is staggering.

Gifs? I don't remember Ferg being especially dirty...

Seriously? The upkick on Barboza and the eyepoke on RDA often come up in discussions on here.

The upkick I remember but at the time it looked more like an explosion to get up that ended in accidental kick to the head, I wouldn't call that dirty. The RDA eyepoke I'll have to find but I generally don't think eyepokes are intentional.

Ferguson will get raped. Oh lord how some people are stupid. I'm making a ton of money off my friends off this shit. Ya'll saw that right? Kevin Lee exposed that rubber guard. Khabib fights with his legs bent, and he is postured up, not to mention transitions beat scrambles any fucking day.
You don't know a simple term such as "Hype".

When you're a proven top fighter in your division, with the longest winning streak in UFC LW history, you aren't hype, dummy.

not a hypetrain but Khabib is a serious GOAT contender, like a more aggressive GSP.

I give the edge to Khabib but I'm crossing my fingers to see Tony win; it's an uphill battle though :S
A more aggressive, way less skilled GSP.

The upkick I remember but at the time it looked more like an explosion to get up that ended in accidental kick to the head, I wouldn't call that dirty. The RDA eyepoke I'll have to find but I generally don't think eyepokes are intentional.

You sound kind of delusional TBH. I don't think anything I can say or show you will change your mind about TFerg because it's pretty obvious to me you don't want to believe Tony's a dirty fighter.

Seriously? The upkick on Barboza and the eyepoke on RDA often come up in discussions on here.

I just checked that eyepoke, I remember the close up now. It's definitely a bad one and maybe changes the course of the fight* but it wasn't intentional. He tried to parry the shot and missed, these things happen.

I think it's a bit unfair to call him dirty.

*Edited for typo.

You sound kind of delusional TBH. I don't think anything I can say or show you will change your mind about TFerg because it's pretty obvious to me you don't want to believe Tony's a dirty fighter.

That looks like a whole post of projection, pal.

I just checked that eyepoke, I remember the close up now. It's definitely a bad one and maybe changes the course of the first but it wasn't intentional. He tried to parry the shot and missed, these things happen.

I think it's a bit unfair to call him dirty.

There was a thread a couple of days ago showing Tony constantly had his fingers outstretched in the RDA fight and the Barboza upkick was clear as day illegal and intentional. Like I said though, I don't think I'll be able to convince you as you're the type who simply doesn't want to be convinced.

Also, there's a difference between not believing something and not being willing to believe it. Learn that difference.

Ferguson will get raped. Oh lord how some people are stupid. I'm making a ton of money off my friends off this shit. Ya'll saw that right? Kevin Lee exposed that rubber guard. Khabib fights with his legs bent, and he is postured up, not to mention transitions beat scrambles any fucking day.

This could really go either way. Tony is certainly "available" to be taken down, however other great wrestlers have tried that as well. He's surprisingly good at fighting off his back (elbows) and his submissions are good too.

If Khabib can take Tony down at will and avoid damage/submissions on the ground, then he will win. However, if Tony can work some TDD and then work damage/submissions off his back, Khabib's offense will be shut down. In that case, I can see Tony winning the fight in rounds 4/5.

I'd say this fight is a lot closer to 50/50 than people think, but I'd give Khabib the 60/40 edge just because if it goes to a decision, I see him winning more rounds with top control.

Tell him to bet $400 dollars, if he's rich like at @KevinLee

22d038faa4e5d46162e45523246f50e9.jpeg
<{poor?}>

I agree that Khabib will win and I think the Lee fight showed some flaws of Tony's game but come on, he isn't a hype train he's top 2 lightweight right now and still will be after he fights Khabib.

You don't beat RDA/Lee/Barboza by being a hype train ffs

If staph Lee doesn't gas he wins

not a hypetrain but Khabib is a serious GOAT contender, like a more aggressive GSP.

I give the edge to Khabib but I'm crossing my fingers to see Tony win; it's an uphill battle though :S

Yea I'm not sure Khabib is a more aggressive GSP. The guy has gone to decision 5 of his 9 UFC fights plus Georges was on the old scoring system. Some of GSP's 50-45's would be 50-43's under the new rules. In fact, mark my words. If Khabib goes to decision against Tony it will be 6 decisions in 10 UFC fights and his 10th decision overall. You will begin to hear people labeling him as "GSP" soon. In other words, he doesn't finish.

Back