After watching Kevin Lee vs Ferg...the hype train will be derailed

I never understand how fans of mma can be so eager to see a fighter fall even after they have accomplished quite a bit in their career like Tony Ferg, to the point where once they do lose, you can cheer and celebrate their defeat, disregard their accomplishments and claim a hype train has been derailed.

‘Hype train’ gets thrown around here too often these days, guys like Holloway, Ferguson, and Khabib are excellent fighters and the furthest thing from a hype train.

Neither Khabib or Tony is a hype train, and regardless of how you feel about them you have to appreciate the fact that both of them are two of the very best to ever do it in the 155 lb division in the ufc.

So put some respek on both their names Sherdog, just appreciate this great fight.

Fuck me, sense being spoken here... Quality fight between two guys who have gone through their division. I suspect both will come out of this elevated rather than devalued barring some freak ko

Kevin Lee is an elite fighter, and an elite fighter at the pinnacle of his game is gonna burn through anyone. Kevin was at his pinnacle in the first round, and Tony took it, and of course went on to win against a Kevin Lee who had started to fade by the second round. So, IF Tony can survive the raping as you call it - and it will probably happen - he has an excellent chance of winning. He's Tony Fucking Ferguson....for you to speak so disrespectfully of him after what he's accomplished is more stupid than the people you claim are stupid. The thing is, Khabib will not fade, so I have to go with Khabib. But in no way is this a sure bet. I repeat - Tony Fucking Ferguson, one of the greatest MMA fighters ever.

not a hypetrain but Khabib is a serious GOAT contender, like a more aggressive GSP.

I give the edge to Khabib but I'm crossing my fingers to see Tony win; it's an uphill battle though :S

When OP said "hype train" I fpr sure thought he was talking bout Khabib

Ferguson is underestimated if anything

Kevin Lee lost via submission. He didnt expose shit other than his own gastank.

Khabib takes him down, mount him and pounds him out. All in the first 3 mins

In a 3rd fight, i'd take Khabib.

In 5rd i favour Tony.

"Hypetrain" is a term for hyped up fighters who look great but are untested/unproven. Longest streak against a lot of tough competition is not a hype -train.

Ferg is elite. I still think khabib wins easily, given the match up, but ferg can most definitely win.

Tony was extremely effective using his rubber guard to land elbows on Lee's head, even Kevin stated this after the fight, it surprised him. Tony is big, has long limbs, and knows to use them.

Also, Bisping showed how nasty elbows from guard can be (vs GSP), Silva has used them, back in the day (Lutter, or even his heel on Okami 1, BS DQ, but you get the idea).

The question is: can Tony control Habib's head/posture ENOUGH, not totally, but enough to rain down this type of damage, at least with the hope of getting space, scramble, get back up...or will Habib smash through, and do his normal deal. Imo, this is the ultimate test for Eddie's system. This isn't "BJJ vs wrestling". Habib is more then just a wrestler, and Tony, under 10th Planet, does more then just the usual BJJ guard play. Plus, In addition to Tony's size, he has insane cardio, and no quit, tough as fuck...plus this is 5 rounds. Habib's cardio looked better his last fight, but he still don't want that 4th and 5th rounds.

Interesting shit.

Now, as far as the stand up goes. It's Tony's world. Only success Habib has in the stand up would come from if Tony fights fearing the TD, and leaves himself open for sloppy over hand right's...which is how most MMA guys fight against wrestlers. Work on your guard bitches.

Alright, back to bed.

Another Shertard that has different definition of a phrase than everybody else.

Get real.

Ferguson will get raped. Oh lord how some people are stupid. I'm making a ton of money off my friends off this shit. Ya'll saw that right? Kevin Lee exposed that rubber guard. Khabib fights with his legs bent, and he is postured up, not to mention transitions beat scrambles any fucking day.

Kevin Lee exposed the rubber guard and was submitted from the bottom?

A lot depends on Ferguson’s ability I stay off the cage.

All of Khabibs smash and GNP comes when he pins people down against the cage and works, I wonder if he is as controlling on the mat in the centre of the cage?

I wouldn't really consider tony a "hype train." if anything all the hype is behind khabib. no one will be surprised, at least in my opinion, if khabib went on to just completely dominate tony from mount. the danger with tony is all he needs is one slight mistake from khabib to be able to lock up something from full guard or rubber guard. khabib will have to asses what risks he is willing to take when positioning on top of tony and must keep tony's sub game, especially the triangle, in the back of his mind the entire time. if any facet of khabib's game is the most essential for this fight it is khabib's fight IQ MUST be on point

It's weird how sherdog gives Gustafsson endless amounts of shit for his eyepoke on Glover yet here we have a thread in which Tony Ferguson, one of the dirtiest fighters in the game, is held up as a model MMA fighter and people endlessly dickride him. Jesus Christ the hypocrisy is staggering.

I'm pulling for Khabib, but he's clearly the one with the hype train. Well earned though.

Hypetrain? The fuck? Id expect this from Youtube comments or facebook comments but Cucuy being a hypetrain on sherdog? Lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back