After terrorist attacks - Take Your Thoughts and Prayers and Shove them by Seth

I have no idea their motives. Wish I did.

I think it has more to do with pushing 'diversity' and they are just throwing bodies at Europe to change the demographics and create division, and when it comes to Islam specifically it acts as a great distraction. Terrorist attacks can also be used as a pretext for power grabs so they are quite useful.

The war on terror in general serves many purposes, from building up police state, to justifying foreign excursions, to using fear and tension to control/distract the populations, and i'm sure many other things.

If we're talking about the average person then thoughts and prayers and candle light vigils are a great thing. They're part of the basis of solidarity.

Of course for our political and media elites more should be expected. But there are still limits. Here's an interesting excerpt from the article that I wonder if the WR will agree with
Because the reaction is always a candle light vigil and “days of mourning.” Never, ever, to say we will have zero tolerance for intolerance, we will force young people to learn to accept diversity and tolerate others and if you preach hate you will be immediately deported or jailed. Because no, we must not violate “freedom of speech.” Of course not.
^ Yeah fuck that bro I actually do care about freedom of speech. Its the best mechanism for dealing with this problem. The problem with Europe is not too much freedom of speech, its too little.

This guy is also pretty vague about what he means when he talks about going on the offense here. Is it military intervention he's for? Its not clear.

Last edited:
I DID NOT KNOW THAT.... He's still awesome though. Loved him on the Comedy Central roasts.

If you listen to some of Schumers stand up during the years she dated him, you'll pick up a lot of Jeselnik jokes in there. He built her up imo.

Here is his response on facebook when someone asked what does he want done
---//

There is no exact solution maybe I can write something systematic. My general theme is to make Islamist intolerance into the kind of pariah that racism, the KKK and Nazi intolerance are. I think generally we have missed the elephant in the room, which is that in places like Pakistan it's taken for granted that people should be executed for blasphemy. Many societies that some "asylum seekers" come from are not far removed from the society in the US that produced the Salem Witch Trials. Saying that isn't "Islamophobia." Just like attacking the intolerance of the Inquisition and Crusades is not Christianophobia. We need to demand a total rejection of Islamist views. Instead what happens after Berlin is that the mainstream reaction is a vigil and signs like "terror has no religion". Is that how we react to a KKK bombing of a black church? No. We need a mass demand that all intolerance be rooted out, not just in schools but in everyday society.

He added

I've also written a lot about how extremism actually doesn't come from those born into salafist or extremely conservative families which means there is a second problem; we have to confront the tendency of young men to seek an outlet in mass murder in which a religious excuse motivates their hate. I tend to think those who join extreme groups such as soccer hooligans or Nazis or terrorists are kind of the same kind of mostly male extremists. It just do happens it is "cool" today to be a murderer for Islamism.

Yes freedom of speech should not be limited. You make a valid point.

He is mostly saying people are limiting their own speech because they are worried about being called a bigot. They would rather be safe and show empathy. He is mostly saying the propaganda isis and other groups are selling of brotherhood and a meaning to life should be called out because that is not all they do. What they advertise does seem cool to losers. People do extreme things to show their loyalty to the group including drive a truck into random people.

This relates to what Marc Bloom has been talking about. He has been promoting the idea that we should try not operate based upon empathy. Compassion is a route way to go.

Last edited:
Maybe you should be praying to Seth instead considering he's a god of the desert and violence.

The West is at war with Islam, no matter how you slice it.

TheBIGLIE2.png

If you don't count anything after 9/11 maybe.

First if you don't understand the difference you are stupid and I don't think that's it so you are making excuses.

Second the reason is because the cop federal and the others are at it to keep the shit heads from killing lots more.

To get killed by a cow you have to go where they are. With terrorist they come to where you are.

As to the op it's fine to sends thoughts and prayers as long as you follow it up with sending the shit heads to hell as fast as possible.

You are never going to win the hearts and minds of these shit heads. All they are going respect if fear.

There are Muslims that can be good citizens of the country they come to but this only if the numbers are small.

national murder rates conflict with your argument.

theres a higher percentage of muslims in europe and much lower murder rates than the states. theres even more christians in latin american than the states and even higher murder rates.

maybe we should target terrorists, instead of becoming them.

I agree with a lot of this blog post. https://sethfrantzman.com/2016/12/20/take-the-thoughts-and-prayers-and-shove-em/

He points out most of the attacks like the one that just happened in Berlin happen outside the West. Westerns are not the victims. Violent jihadists ideology should be attacked. Just accepting it and saying our thoughts and prayers are with the victims does nothing. I cannot sum it up well. It is worth reading the link IMO. He is not blaming all Muslims.

TAKE THE “THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS” AND SHOVE EM·

By SETH J. FRANTZMAN

“Pray for Germany,” read one meme floating around on Facebook. But I’m not praying for anyone and you shouldn’t either. “Thoughts and prayers have become the easy “get out of taking this seriously,” response to every mass murder terror attack motivated by Islamist extremism. It doesn’t matter how many people the new Nazis, the new KKK, murder, the response is always “pray.” Pray for what? For a quick death? For the victims? They don’t need our prayers, they need protection. They need better intelligence services working together to find, detain and hopefully kill, terrorists.

Each time we hear “thoughts and prayers.” We have candle light vigils when we should have more vigilance. We hear statements about “senseless act of violence” and “random people killed” or how “lunatics” and “madmen” massacred people. Another “tragedy.” Even as the list of victims grows and grows. Instead of recognizing the threat and paying attention as the forerunners of ISIS committed hundreds of attacks in Iraq in 2007-2009, especially targeting religious and ethnic minorities, there are more “thoughts and prayers.”

The whole world is threatened by the cancer of religious-inspired hatred, a new imperialism of mass murder. The western commentators would have you believe it is always “lone wolves” and “random.” It’s not “random”. It targets Bastille day, the national day, it targets religious events, such as Christmas, it targets a kosher deli, it targets a Shia mosque, a Sufi shrine, it targets Coptic Christians in Egypt, it targets Shabak and Yazidis in Iraq, it targets Kurds, it targets synagogues, it targets foreigners, it is solely inspired by religious hatred. When the murderers in Mumbai and Westgate and Dhaka lined up the hostages they tortured and murdered those of the “wrong religion.” It’s not random. It’s planned. It is thought out. It is premeditated. The murderers love bathing in blood, they love genocide and mass rape as they did in Iraq and Syria. They love deciding when others will die. They are not “poor and alienated.” They are middle class, just like the Nazi SS volunteers

The Nazis and the KKK and the Islamists don’t get to win and deprive the world of security. More security at black churches was not the “answer” the KKK bombings, it was going deep after the roots of the KKK. The answer to the Nazis was not more Maginot lines, but eradicating them. Living in a fortress is not an answer to Islamist extremism, putting up more walls and having lumbering police with guns everywhere. That’s just playing defense. You have to demand offense, if people don’t want to be tolerant,deport them. Societies have to actively fight against extremist hatred, not just accept it as a new normal. If you don’t struggle against it, you have given up.
I'm going to pray for people just because of this dumbass blog.

I think thoughts and prayers help still the emotions and focus if nothing else gorgeous the non-religious. For the Christian (and I suppose most other religions), there's the aforementioned benefit and the added belief in a higher power.

I mean acting on charged, raw emotion doesn't seem like the logical go-to mode. At the very least thoughts and prayers can equal a braking and perspective mechanism.

national murder rates conflict with your argument.

theres a higher percentage of muslims in europe and much lower murder rates than the states. theres even more christians in latin american than the states and even higher murder rates.

maybe we should target terrorists, instead of becoming them.

We have been targeting terrorist.

I don't agree with everything our government has done but we try to do the right thing most of the time.

No matter what there is a group and a large one of Muslims that are going to target us. Because all the world must convert or die and that is a firm part of their beliefs at any cost. Also any perceived insult must be punished with death. This is not all Muslims but a very large number of them. All that support Israel must die all that draw their prophet must die. This is not some very small number by survey's large numbers support if not act on this. We can't fix or change this all we can do is keep the ones that support this out of our countries in the west. The ones that don't want to turn our country and society into the shit hole they came from are welcome here if th come legally and pass all the checks.

Back