After seeing how badass Edgar still looks...

I feel like Edgar at 135 would be detrimental. Part of why he's performed so well these last few years is because he doesn't have much of a weight cut, allowing him to maximize his stamina potential, etc etc etc. Men don't typically get smaller in this sport, especially not with age.

Not to mention speed kills. He may have had a speed advantage at 155, and to some extent at 145, but everyone at 135 near the top is going to be just as fast, if not faster than he is.

He still had the speed advantage over former number 2 BW Faber, granted that faber was never one of the fastest bantamweights, but he wasn't necessarily slow either. Also, what Edgar would lose in speed he'd gain in power and strength, which would only aid his already great wrestling.

He looked good but part of that may have been due to an overhyped opponent. Aldo still soundly beat him in their last go around. He'd definitely have a shot at the 135 belt, but I think Cody could keep it standing and would pick him apart.

I didn´t do any research on how much guys like Cody, Cruz and TJ weigh when not competing, but I believe Frankie isn´t much bigger than they are.

Cruz is known to cut from 155 ish, which is practically the same as Edgar. I remember Cody and TJ being a little lighter than Cruz, but I don't remember the exact numbers.

Back