After seeing how badass Edgar still looks...

Frankie's the man, but I suspect that Cody would box him up. And I think a fight with T.J. would be a toss-up. That being said, I'd love to see those matches.

... I´d honestly put him as favourite against anybody at BW: Cody, TJ, Cruz, Lineker, Rivera.... bring them all.

And according to Edgar himself, he hasn´t "even peaked yet."

He has all the skills to become champ at BW:

Pressure, wrestling +gnp, boxing, ko power, submissions, footwork, strength, heart, chin, cardio..
TornGrotesqueIndianelephant.gif
EdgarKOsMaynard.gif

Aldo-Edgar-takedown.gif

FrankieSwanson_zpsufuzblzc.gif

2aj6tjo.jpg

He'd have the best overall game at BW by far imo.

Edgar next champion at BW?
Frankie-Edgar.png
Is he going to BW??

Is he going to BW??
Probably not before seeing what happens between Aldo and Holloway. If Holloway wins, Frankie will probably campaign to get the next TS, as he should. If Aldo wins, I believe he should consider moving down, since he won´t get that 3rd fight anytime soon, imo.

I like his odds against those guys better than Aldo, Holloway, & Conor.
I think Bw is Frankie's best path to a belt.

And also- Frankie vs. Garbrandt, Cruz & TJ would be fucking amazing fights.
Thats tough... factoring in the slight toll of a weight cut I think theyd be equally tough fights. Either weight class those fights will be awesome. I want to see McGregor vs Edgar more than any other opponent.

Every person reacts differently, I know, but the guy on the left is Marlon Moraes, he is the BW champ at WSOF. I think Edgar could make weight and still perform at high level.

marlonmoraes_raysefo_frankieedgar_facebook_95.jpg
:eek:
Sefos head size!!!

Probably not before seeing what happens between Aldo and Holloway. If Holloway wins, Frankie will probably campaign to get the next TS, as he should. If Aldo wins, I believe he should consider moving down, since he won´t get that 3rd fight anytime soon, imo.
Ok

I feel like Edgar at 135 would be detrimental. Part of why he's performed so well these last few years is because he doesn't have much of a weight cut, allowing him to maximize his stamina potential, etc etc etc. Men don't typically get smaller in this sport, especially not with age.

Not to mention speed kills. He may have had a speed advantage at 155, and to some extent at 145, but everyone at 135 near the top is going to be just as fast, if not faster than he is.

Never ever eVer count Frankie out. Cruz and Cody are toughest matchups for him but he's lethally dangerous wherever it goes. Although it's an unlikely matchup to be made I'd like to see him pull a Conor and fight Aldo again, high risk/high reward absolutely fearless..

I feel like Edgar at 135 would be detrimental. Part of why he's performed so well these last few years is because he doesn't have much of a weight cut, allowing him to maximize his stamina potential, etc etc etc. Men don't typically get smaller in this sport, especially not with age.

Not to mention speed kills. He may have had a speed advantage at 155, and to some extent at 145, but everyone at 135 near the top is going to be just as fast, if not faster than he is.
I didn´t do any research on how much guys like Cody, Cruz and TJ weigh when not competing, but I believe Frankie isn´t much bigger than they are.

I didn´t do any research on how much guys like Cody, Cruz and TJ weigh when not competing, but I believe Frankie isn´t much bigger than they are.

But we haven't seen what Frankie performs like when he has to make a decent cut. That's the difference.

But we haven't seen what Frankie performs like when he has to make a decent cut. That's the difference.
You´re right, it´s a big question mark. But his cardio is so relentless that he could probably fight for 10 rounds, so even if you take some away, he´d still have enough to go for 5. :D

Those fights against maynard were something else....... I really wanted maynard to win too. But to see the punishment Edgar took, and still battle on. Fucking warrior man.

I dont know if Garbrandts boxiing is so good that he'd destroy frankie. Hell Frankie would be the best boxer by far that Cody had ever faced. Im through counting Frankie out. Id bet on him to beat Cody. He'd out work him and mix in takedowns and whoop his ass

Edgar is usually severly underrated however Yair isn't some top 5 guy let us remind ourselves. That said I love Edgar and it says a lot about Aldo, would love Edgar vs Conor or for Edgar to move weight classes just to see what happened. Hell he is one of the only guys that I dont think is every effected by the implementation of weightcutting deterrents, just a beast as is.

Edgar is usually severly underrated however Yair isn't some top 5 guy let us remind ourselves. That said I love Edgar and it says a lot about Aldo, would love Edgar vs Conor or for Edgar to move weight classes just to see what happened. Hell he is one of the only guys that I dont think is every effected by the implementation of weightcutting deterrents, just a beast as is.
I totally agree with your post.

Cody was amazing against Cruz, but other than that he has one top ten win. He may very well be the future but I'd take Edgar over him. The weight cut is definitely the x factor and could affect Edgar significantly, but he would probably be fine.

Back