After seeing how badass Edgar still looks...

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
... I´d honestly put him as favourite against anybody at BW: Cody, TJ, Cruz, Lineker, Rivera.... bring them all.

And according to Edgar himself, he hasn´t "even peaked yet."

He has all the skills to become champ at BW:

Pressure, wrestling +gnp, boxing, ko power, submissions, footwork, strength, heart, chin, cardio..
TornGrotesqueIndianelephant.gif
EdgarKOsMaynard.gif

Aldo-Edgar-takedown.gif

FrankieSwanson_zpsufuzblzc.gif

2aj6tjo.jpg

He'd have the best overall game at BW by far imo.

Edgar next champion at BW?
Frankie-Edgar.png

Last edited:
TJ is the next champ. Then Edgar destroys him and everybody else.

He would do well but pretty sure he wants to stay at FW. They might give him another shot at the belt if Holloway wins.

I'd favor garbrandt personally. I've never even seen cody in trouble before. His boxing is the BEST in the ufc.

After seeing how badass he looked I just think about what a bad man Aldo still is. He shut Frankie down for 5 rounds and made it look easy.

No need to kill himself cutting weight. He still beats everyone at FW except Aldo. And he has a money fight with Conor that he would win

He needs to go to BW and end his amazing career on a high as a dominating champion at BW and I think he can.

He is the second best FW in the world and would easy be champion if it wasn't for Aldo. And still dangerous to everyone at LW.

I really don't know what he is waiting for?

He deserves so much more than being the guy who is so good it makes Aldo look a god for dominating him for 5 rounds.

No need to kill himself cutting weight. He still beats everyone at FW except Aldo. And he has a money fight with Conor that he would win
Well, if Aldo beats Holloway, I think Edgar should give BW a try. He´s not gonna get that 3rd fight anytime soon. But he could get that 3rd fight if he was champ at BW and decided to challenge Aldo again.

He'd have nothing for Garbrandt. But do think he beats TJ and Dom.

If he always performed like he did against yair he might be one of my favourites to watch. That shit was straight savage.

If he always performed like he did against yair he might be one of my favourites to watch. That shit was straight savage.
He can't do that to everyone since others have better TDD than poor overhyped young Hair. :D

Going down to 135 would take a toll on Edgar. That and Cody, Dillashaw, and Cruz would be tough fights and would be toss ups. Probably Lineker to. He did look awesome but I hope Edgar stays at 145.

Exactly, he made it look like Yair was nothing.

Don't forget he dominated cub for four of five rounds as well and then choked him out. Swansons one of the better featherweights. He also put Mendes down. No easy task.

I really think, when his career is all said and done, Frankie will be considered one of the pound for pound best ever.

Going down to 135 would take a toll on Edgar. That and Cody, Dillashaw, and Cruz would be tough fights and would be toss ups. Probably Lineker to. He did look awesome but I hope Edgar stays at 145.
Every person reacts differently, I know, but the guy on the left is Marlon Moraes, he is the BW champ at WSOF. I think Edgar could make weight and still perform at high level.

marlonmoraes_raysefo_frankieedgar_facebook_95.jpg

He can't do that to everyone since others have better TDD than poor overhyped young Hair. :D
In my opinion Frankie needs to abandon his boxing and just straight shoot on guys Damian Maia style. The difference is if he gets stuffed he actually has good boxing to fall back on. He also has incredible cardio.

I like his odds against those guys better than Aldo, Holloway, & Conor.
I think Bw is Frankie's best path to a belt.

And also- Frankie vs. Garbrandt, Cruz & TJ would be fucking amazing fights.

Every person reacts differently, I know, but the guy on the left is Marlon Moraes, he is the BW champ at WSOF. I think Edgar could make weight and still perform at high level.

marlonmoraes_raysefo_frankieedgar_facebook_95.jpg
True but even if dropping to 135 doesnt take any toll, do you think he would be a significant favorite against Cody, Tj, and Cruz?

True but even if dropping to 135 doesnt take any toll, do you think he would be a significant favorite against Cody, Tj, and Cruz?
Well, personally I´d expect him to win, but not so easily. If I had to bet, I'd say Frankie gets a UD against both guys in a close fight against them.

Back