After Luke Rockhold gets KO, this will be the man to dethrone Whittaker

if he can beat 2 more legit contenders then sure, let's not overrate him after beating a washed up small johnny hendricks

LOL guys like Borichina are EXACTLY the guys Bobby Knuckles takes apart with ease..

Under kickboxing rules yes, not at MMA or muay thai tho, usually movement based strikers have a bad time in the clinch against MT guys. And Costa is bigger too, another advantage at the clinch.

Not only that..
shogun-cross-counter-machida.gif

He's not young enough to be the new Erick Silva

Carlos%2BCondit%2BDrops%2BThiago%2BAlves%2Bby%2BElbows%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B67.gif

JollyDecisiveKob-size_restricted.gif

5f4017ccd1551383551c343666c263ce.gif

Rose-Namajunas-def-Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-via-KO-Punches-part-2.gif

tumblr_or09z18Ndp1rofocqo1_500.gif

We may be referring to entirely different things when we say "muay thai style." For me, it's this sort of stiff, straight forward, you-hit-me-then-I-hit-you style that works for really explosive athletic guys (and worked really well in the previous era), but is severely lacking in elements more commonly found in traditional boxing - like head movement, angles, breaking rhythm, footwork, et cetera.

I bet the eraser doesn't welch on bets

Rockhold welched on a bet? Nothing shows how low character a person is and what a total loser they are like welching on a bet. I’m not going to believe this without a link.

The Eraser has teh biceps but Luke is a bigger man overall I'd say. The Eraser also doesn't seem to have the best cardio.
Luke is longer, but Costa is thicker. What do you prefer- length or girth?

Nah

Luke via sub

Carlos%2BCondit%2BDrops%2BThiago%2BAlves%2Bby%2BElbows%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B67.gif

Rose-Namajunas-def-Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-via-KO-Punches-part-2.gif

We may be referring to entirely different things when we say "muay thai style." For me, it's this sort of stiff, straight forward, you-hit-me-then-I-hit-you style that works for really explosive athletic guys (and worked really well in the previous era), but is severely lacking in elements more commonly found in traditional boxing - like head movement, angles, breaking rhythm, footwork, et cetera.
The only 2 who still fight with a MT style of that collection are Joanna and Alves, Aldo has turned into a boxer who barely kicks nowadays, he tried to box against Conor and got caught, unfair argument that one. Cruz isn't a MT striker, he is more of a unorthodox boxer who relies on footwork and mixing it with takedowns. JJ-Rose i still think it was a fluke due to a bad weight cutting but whatever, it happened. Good one with Alves-Condit.

And yeah i know the MT problems but Borrachinha chin so far looked really solid and if he can cut angles to put Whittaker with his back to fence and get a clinch, Whittaker should be fucked. It may be a better version of what we saw in Machida-Shogun since they're younger than the 2 LHWs and at their prime, can't wait.

LOL guys like Borichina are EXACTLY the guys Bobby Knuckles takes apart with ease..
Hmm, not really. The most similar guy to Costa that Whittaker fought is probably Hall (young and very athletic striker with a lot of power), but they're completely different still. Romero, Sapo and Souza are 3 grapplers. Brunson and Tavares are 2 wrestler-boxers who relies on their explosiveness. The only legit striker Whittaker fought, Thompson, he lost to. Costa and Thompson style are totally differents but i still think Costa will have the advantage in that match up, he does have technique different from meathead bum Brunson and isn't that slow as Jacare.

Whittaker handled Yoel through four rounds on one leg. Costa beat up a welterweight with a clinical eating disorder.

Whittaker matches up well with everybody except Gastelum.

But Gastelum would get smashed by the bigger MWs, who Whittaker mauls.

Mousasi would've been a very tough fight for him as well. And of those big MWs, Weidman has the best boxing and heigh/reach. I think that'd be a decent fight.

Gastelum is a flat-footed version of Whittaker.

Costa has the look, has the game and can already speak English.

He could be the biggest Brazilian superstar ever, mad potential.
Definitely, he’s the next Erick Silva!

Costa has the look, has the game and can already speak English.

He could be the biggest Brazilian superstar ever, mad potential.

What about happy potential?

He didn't exactly set the world on fire in his fight with Bamgbose.

He's potential, but he's not all there yet. Looking dominant against MW Hendricks doesn't count for much either, since Boetsch did the same.

Speaking off, Costa vs Boetsch is the fight to make. Durable guy who's always in the fight against an electric, fast finisher.

The only 2 who still fight with a MT style of that collection are Joanna and Alves, Aldo has turned into a boxer who barely kicks nowadays, he tried to box against Conor and got caught, unfair argument that one. Cruz isn't a MT striker, he is more of a unorthodox boxer who relies on footwork and mixing it with takedowns. JJ-Rose i still think it was a fluke due to a bad weight cutting but whatever, it happened. Good one with Alves-Condit.

And yeah i know the MT problems but Borrachinha chin so far looked really solid and if he can cut angles to put Whittaker with his back to fence and get a clinch, Whittaker should be fucked. It may be a better version of what we saw in Machida-Shogun since they're younger than the 2 LHWs and at their prime, can't wait.

Aldo still uses a muay thai approach. And that's not Cruz. That's Almeida.

I think Luke boxing, specially the defense part, is too pathetic to him even have a chance in a stand up fight with someone like Whittaker, his chin is suspect too. Also if Jacare and Romero couldn't takedown the aussie champ, i don't see Luke doing that too, Whittaker TDD is probably his best attribute and the reason he's the MW champ. So the next champ, the one who will beat Whittaker, has to be a striker with a similar style, not so grappling-based.

Here he is. Elite striker, giant for MW, heavy hitter and muay thai based. This is the real fight, most likely will happen at the end of the 2018, until then i don't see anyone stopping these 2.

The Eraser dwarfing LHW Shogun and Ninja
046fe51b24c5b0781a9b8ff837995825.png

Whittaker being dwarfed by LHW Tyson Pedro
702f576968c5f4cf4e309fe0c12731ff.png

It's just a matter of time.

borracha2.jpg

paulo-costa-ufc-217.jpg

usa_today_10392329.0.jpg

paulo-borrachinha-garreth-mclellan-ufc-fight-night-106-2.jpg

borrachinha1.jpg

Ehhhh..... I mean he dismantled Big Rigg, but he didn't look good against him either... gonna take a lot for me to consider him beating someone like Whittaker.

Back