After Banking 100m, Last Thing You Want is Khabib

Look on the bright side: if Conor get crushed, the short term WME circus approach to MMA takes a monumental blow. That can only be good for the sport in the long term.

Actually he didn't make 100m from that fight alone according to Forbes. He was guaranteed 30m + PPV points and Forbes claims he made 85 million from the fight. Apperantly he also made 14 million from sponsors last year and they listed his last year income at $99m.

As for why he chose to fight Khabib? Simple. It has potential to make most money and if he would fight someone else, his image would receive considerable damage. A lot of people would think he really was a duck.

Actually he didn't make 100m from that fight alone according to Forbes. He was guaranteed 30m + PPV points and Forbes claims he made 85 million from the fight. Apperantly he also made 14 million from sponsors last year and they listed his last year income at $99m.

As for why he chose to fight Khabib? Simple. It has potential to make most money and if he would fight someone else, his image would receive considerable damage. A lot of people would think he really was a duck.
probably also because he's a competitor and Is confident that he can beat Khabib.

Rightfully so as well. Stylistically this is a tough fight for both guys.

Conor is a fighter, afterall. Just an inactive one. But nobody can say he's a duck.

I don't like the guy, but let's give him credit where credit is due.
I didn't think he'd take the Khabib fight but he did.

He blatently ducked Fergason!

people seem to be expecting McGregor to be the same fighter, but after all this time away, including a lot of partying, its very possible that he has lost a little. He probably should've taken an easier fight to start with. I think that would've probably been sensible

Back