After Arguing for Equal Pay, USWNT Routed By 15 Year Old kids

didn't reggie bush run a 10.55 in the CIF State prelims in 10th grade (albeit w/ some wind)?

and he wasn't even in like the top 5...

It's divegrass. Why are any of them getting paid?

221.gif
Holy shit I can't stop laughing and I hate myself more with each bellow I let out, but I can't stop, I can't stop.

This is probably true for sports where participation and development are low. Tennis, swimming, gymnastics and track are a completely different story.

15 yr old boys at IMG academy (formerly Nick Boliteri school) are gonna get crushed by Serena Williams and several other top women..
tumblr_nrgxusGEzm1tq4of6o1_500.gif

U-15 should be 14-year-olds, right? I thought that's what it meant; at least here in the States.

I don't know what the respective level of FC Dallas youths are in soccer, but national class 14-year-old male swimmers crush female Olympic class swimmers. For example, the current women's World Record in the 50m Freestyle (LCM) is 23.73, and Long Course Meters is the international standard. Every top swim meet in the world is swum in either LCM (Long Course Meters) or SCM (Short Course Meters). They taper and prepare for that. They train in Long Course pools. Almost every top personal performance in an event from those girls is swum in that format.

Meanwhile, the US 13-14 Men's National Age Group Record in the 50m Freestyle is 23.19. In the pool that's more than a full body length: an utter sprinting blowout. For the 15-16 age group the boy's record precipitously drops to 22.33. Those boys basically never train or swim anything but Short Course Yards, either, even at major regional and championship meets, so you're almost never seeing their true PR as a respective performance with those times.

Other than the bitching about pay,this is nothing new,the best women's teams who tune up for big tournaments by playing U15's or whatever,usually always get smashed.

this is why, despite the pressure to promote and show women's sports of all kinds, their performance is lackluster for the most part, uninteresting and unimpressive, let alone enthralling or exciting, let alone riveting.

unless they're hot, of course.

I find the 1 v 1 and solo women's sports to be fairly interesting. Tennis, MMA, sprints and long distance. I can't really get into team sports though. Maybe volleyball.

WMMA is hit and miss though, much like most MMA for me these days. I've seen some women's matches that have been the most interesting on the card, but others are woeful.

tumblr_nrgxusGEzm1tq4of6o1_500.gif

U-15 should be 14-year-olds, right? I thought that's what it meant; at least here in the States.

I don't know what the respective level of FC Dallas youths are in soccer, but national class 14-year-old male swimmers crush female Olympic class swimmers. For example, the current women's World Record in the 50m Freestyle (LCM) is 23.73, and Long Course Meters is the international standard. Every top swim meet in the world is swum in either LCM (Long Course Meters) or SCM (Short Course Meters). They taper and prepare for that. They train in Long Course pools. Almost every top personal performance in an event from those girls is swum in that format.

Meanwhile, the US 13-14 Men's National Age Group Record in the 50m Freestyle is 23.19. In the pool that's more than a full body length: an utter sprinting blowout. For the 15-16 age group the boy's record precipitously drops to 22.33. Those boys basically never train or swim anything but Short Course Yards, either, even at major regional and championship meets, so you're almost never seeing their true PR as a respective performance with those times.

Let's take a step back, the USWNT -- the current world champions --- were crushed by a development squad of kids. And we're not talking about the best development squad in the world, we're talking about soccer in Dallas. Not Barcelona, or Rio, or Turin -- LOL.

Two things:

"Swimming" doesn't just mean 50m -- which is where I'd assume the biggest advantage for 14 yr old boys would be. And the correct analogy wouldn't be to compare world records; it would be to compare the current chick world champion against a good local club of 14 yr old boys.

FC Dallas isn't exactly the development program of AC Milan, Man U or Barcelona. Comparing world records is a false analogy.

How does the current women's world/Olympic champ compare against a regional club level 14 yr old boy at 100, 200, 400, 800m? THat's what we are talking about in here? I bet they are not getting crushed like the USWNT.

This happens all the time. Our women's national team also gets crushed anytime they play some random U15 boys team and we're not talking three goal losses there (obviously because the german youth teams are much better than US youth teams, but the women teams from USA/Germany are about the same level).

Nonsense on track. There are freshmen and sophomores in Louisiana who have beaten women's doped up gold medal times. Elaine Thompson's gold medal 100m time wouldn't have earned her a medal in the Louisiana Boys High School Track meet.

Track is not limited to sprinting. You have a link to the Louisana state championships and the winning times in the 800, 3,000, 5,000 and 10000?

Track is not limited to sprinting. You have a link to the Louisana state championships and the winning times in the 800, 3,000, 5,000 and 10000?
Sure. Castor Semenya, who is likely running doped up with a Y chromosome, would have barely won the 800. The silver medalist would have finished 6th. The boys also run the 1600, which times were comparable but doesn't look like any of the women likely would have would have won that either. The boys run a 3200, and the Olympic women run a 5000, so there isn't a direct comparison there. The boys apparently don't run a 10000.

http://cdn.lhsaa.org/uploads/images/Saturday_Meet_Final_Results_2016-2.htm

Sure. Castor Semenya, who is likely running doped up with a Y chromosome, would have barely won the 800.

She actually beats all 3 of the classes listed in your link. What does 3A, 4A and 5A mean - BTW?

And the WR for chicks sits at 1:53 which is a lot faster than those times from Louisiana. THat's my point, woman's soccer is nowhere close to what gymnastics, swimming, and longer track events are. No 15 yr old boy at some scrub high school is blowing away Paula Radcliffe's 10,000 or the current women's 5,000m champion (14:14).

She actually beats all 3 of the classes listed in your link. What does 3A, 4A and 5A mean - BTW?

And the WR for chicks sits at 1:53 which is a lot faster than those times from Louisiana. THat's my point, woman's soccer is nowhere close to what gymnastics, swimming, and longer track events are. No 15 yr old boy at some scrub high school is blowing away Paula Radcliffe's 10,000 or the current women's 5,000m champion (14:14).
Those are divisions based on school size. In general, 5A has the toughest competition. Do you believe that Caster Semenya a legit XX female, though?

Anyways, we're moving the goal posts with track just cherry picking distance, and we're comparing apples to oranges with world record times compared to a scrimmage. But regardless, the women's 800 record by a doped up Czech in the 80s was beaten last week in a Louisiana meet. While the 5,000 doesn't seem to be run in LA, the WR time was beaten last month in California; and Paula Radcliffe's half hour time in the 10,000 was beaten last year--and the results for the 10,000m are very limited and doesn't look like it is run much in high school.

I would also be very surprised if 15 year old boys were unable to compete at the level of 16-18 year old girls, which is the age group these gymnasts are performing in the Olympics. I'll take a peek at swimming later, but I'd imagine it's the same.

like 4 women in the history of womendom could dunk a basketball, and almost all of them were 6'4" or taller.....

there are guys literally posting in this thread that can dunk a ball, i'd bet more than one. and not even close to 6'4"....

that about sums it up when comparing the sexes and athleticism

I can dunk!

Nah, but my fundamentals are solid as fuck.

I remember watching this a couple of years ago-

The difference in skill and technique isn't very big but the it's in the physicality and speed that boys get an edge.

like 4 women in the history of womendom could dunk a basketball, and almost all of them were 6'4" or taller.....

there are guys literally posting in this thread that can dunk a ball, i'd bet more than one. and not even close to 6'4"....

that about sums it up when comparing the sexes and athleticism
you are severely overestimating sherdog athleticism.

you are severely overestimating sherdog athleticism.

you missed the thread where a sherdogger claimed that if he had Rumble's physique he would have whipped Cormier.

I wonder if that sherdogger cleared the cheetos off his chest when he sat up to type that?

The academy for FC Dallas, that is pretty bad.

If they lost to La Masia U15, I can understand, but FC Dallas youth academy.
Even a boys U17 u.s national team would have been less embarrassing. U 15 has 14 year olds on it.

Other than the bitching about pay,this is nothing new,the best women's teams who tune up for big tournaments by playing U15's or whatever,usually always get smashed.

Hope none of those dudes tried to smash that roast beef sandwich.

Back