Crime The Golden State Killer Finally Faces Justice: 26 Life Terms for 50 Rapes and 13 Murders.

42 years and he never thought to leave the state? I would've left the country by then or at least moved to the opposite coast.

When they don't catch you and you think you are too smart you get complacent.

Run away and go in hiding in the middle of nowhere? That's literally opposite of the thrill that serial killers enjoy the most: carry on their normal life smack right in the town where they commit their crimes and relish how they got away with it.

When they don't catch you and you think you are too smart you get complacent.

So you disagree with the experts' earlier assessment?

After his time as a police officer, DeAngelo spent 27 years working for Save Mart Supermarkets at a distribution center in Roseville, near Sacramento, said Victoria Castro, a public affairs manager for Save Mart. He retired last year.

"None of his actions in the workplace would have led us to suspect any connection to crimes being attributed to him," Castro said in a statement. "We are working with the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office on their investigation."

Serial killers "are masters at leading what I call compartmentalized lives," Garrett said.

They can commit murders, "go back home, make breakfast for their kids, take them to school, kiss the wife goodbye, go to work, go to bowling, go out socially, and then go back out the next night and do it again," Garrett said.

"Serial killers love to live in plain sight. They can even have conversations with neighbors [about a serial killer in their town], Garrett said. "In their mind, it's another power thing."

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/140778707/

Last edited:
So you disagree with the experts' earlier assessment?

After his time as a police officer, DeAngelo spent 27 years working for Save Mart Supermarkets at a distribution center in Roseville, near Sacramento, said Victoria Castro, a public affairs manager for Save Mart. He retired last year.

"None of his actions in the workplace would have led us to suspect any connection to crimes being attributed to him," Castro said in a statement. "We are working with the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office on their investigation."

Serial killers "are masters at leading what I call compartmentalized lives," Garrett said.

They can commit murders, "go back home, make breakfast for their kids, take them to school, kiss the wife goodbye, go to work, go to bowling, go out socially, and then go back out the next night and do it again," Garrett said.

"Serial killers love to live in plain sight. They can even have conversations with neighbors [about a serial killer in their town], Garrett said. "In their mind, it's another power thing."

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/140778707/

Serial killers are narcissistic which is why they love to live in plain sight and taunt victims and the authorities. It's also what leads them to continue committing crimes and to get sloppy, which usually leads to them getting caught. Add to that the fact that he came from a time before DNA analysis was a thing, and he had police experience, so he probably thought he was too smart to get caught.

Serial killers are narcissistic which is why they love to live in plain sight and taunt victims and the authorities. It's also what leads them to continue committing crimes and to get sloppy, which usually leads to them getting caught. Add to that the fact that he came from a time before DNA analysis was a thing, and he had police experience, so he probably thought he was too smart to get caught.

Well, he was smart enough to not get caught back then. Technology caught up to him though. I want him to say "I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids" scooby-doo style when they explain to him how they caught him.

Suspected Golden State Killer now charged in 12 killings
By Cheri Mossburg and Darran Simon | May 10, 2018

(CNN) Joseph James DeAngelo, the suspected Golden State Killer, was charged Thursday with four additional counts of murder, according to Santa Barbara County District Attorney Joyce Dudley.

Authorities have said they believe the Golden State Killer was responsible for killing a dozen people and for at least 50 rapes in 10 counties in California between 1976 and 1986.

DeAngelo, 72, who was arrested last month, was previously charged with eight slayings, including four in Orange County, two in Ventura County and two in Sacramento County. He has not yet entered a plea.

Prosecutors say each count of first-degree murder charges in Santa Barbara County comes with special circumstances and carries a maximum sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole or the death sentence.

DeAngelo is accused of killing Debra Alexandria Manning on December 30, 1979, while committing a rape and a burglary, according to the new charges. He is also accused of killing Robert Offerman that same day while committing a burglary, according to the complaint.

DeAngelo is also charged with killing Cheri Domingo while committing a rape and a burglary and killing Greg Sanchez while committing a burglary -- both on July 27, 1981, according to the complaint.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/10/us/suspected-golden-state-killer-charges/index.html

Last edited:
Any new evidence further leading us to the conclusion, that this JJ DeAngelo is without a doubt the man they have been searching for?

Any new evidence casting doubt?

Any new evidence further leading us to the conclusion, that this JJ DeAngelo is without a doubt the man they have been searching for?

Any new evidence casting doubt?

Now that they got him, all they have to do now is casually go through all the old evidence and compare his DNA to the samples collected from all the cold cases that they suspected was done by the same serial killer.

DNA is solving so many cold cases like these. Cant get away with shit now with that and a digital footprint. Even Jo-Son got done on DNA in the end.

Well, now Canada knows who he is and can start teaching kids about him in their preschool sexuality classes. Thank god!

thinly veiled cop bashing thread.

that being said good job!

Haha, dunno how I missed this when thread first was made.

I'd imagine a lot of killers from before the DNA testing era are sweating bullets right now.

I'd imagine a lot of killers from before the DNA testing era are sweating bullets right now.

I'm starting to feel like my former man crush Paul Holes is a bit of a publicity whore. He did not pioneer this technique. Not that it's necessarily his fault that reporters are writing the sexiest headlines.

Tune in this Wednesday for the recaps on the GSK's reign of terror.

Not sure how much details they can show on public TV, but the things this guy did in real life would make Law & Order: SVU looks like a picnic.

Last edited:
Back