Crime The Golden State Killer Finally Faces Justice: 26 Life Terms for 50 Rapes and 13 Murders.

Yeah, there's probably some overlap and some big differences. James Holmes, the guy who shot up the movie theater, said that his desire was simply to kill lots of people. So he contemplated being a serial killer, but did not think he'd be as successful at it. Then decided on mass murder.

that is pretty interesting. It sucks that this stuff can be so fascinating, it is like looking at a car wreck on the side of the road.

yeah you proved my point. it is a white people, western people and american thing mostly.

No. This isn't just a white/western person thing. Aren't some of the most prolific ones latin America? I think it spans all cultures and creeds, the only difference is in America, the UK, etc have been industrialized for longer with better news reporting, record keeping, and police work.

Moreover, people who would be serial killers in less developed countries have more avenues to achieve their killing. Like in Mexico, become a cartel mass murderer, join ISIS, gangs, etc. I bet there are dozens of mass murderers in places like Colombia, Brazil, Somailia, etc, who get away with killing scores of people, simply because there is no police presence.

Edit: Just like there are minorities with psychopathic/serial killing tendencies in America, in shitty areas, who just get swept under the gang violence rug. If they were to to actually analyzed, some of these gang bang murderers, they would find several of the same characteristics. Only difference is some of these white guys had the background to live in a suburban area, and hold a job.

Last edited:
Is it possible that this guy is also the zodiac killer?

yeah you proved my point. it is a white people, western people and american thing mostly.

Nah, the glorification might be a western thing though. Now, I can't speak for other nations, but I get the impression that when their evil sacks of shit are captured, they either put a bullet in them, or toss them in a hole somewhere and forget about them.

We on the other hand make movies, annual TV Specials, T-Shirts, etc, etc, and treat them like they're special. If they meet a certain criteria, of course. That being of the white, unassuming male. It's the same reason why people don't think there are black serial killers. There are. Plenty of them. They just don't get same kind of media coverage.

that is pretty interesting. It sucks that this stuff can be so fascinating, it is like looking at a car wreck on the side of the road.

No. This isn't just a white/western person thing. Aren't some of the most prolific ones latin America? I think it spans all cultures and creeds, the only difference is in America, the UK, etc have been industrialized for longer with better news reporting, record keeping, and police work.

Moreover, people who would be serial killers in less developed countries have more avenues to achieve their killing. Like in Mexico, become a cartel mass murderer, join ISIS, gangs, etc. I bet there are dozens of mass murderers in places like Colombia, Brazil, Somailia, etc, who get away with killing scores of people, simply because there is no police presence.

Edit: Just like there are minorities with psychopathic/serial killing tendencies in America, in shitty areas, who just get swept under the gang violence rug. If they were to to actually analyzed, some of these gang bang murderers, they would find several of the same characteristics. Only difference is some of these white guys had the background to live in a suburban area, and hold a job.

There are a lot of myths about serial killers. One of the myths is that they mostly all have high IQs and are super intelligent, and that just isn't the case. Another one is that it's a white thing, it really isn't. Serial killers are pretty equally distributed amongst different ethnicities.

not to my dog. he loves those. Completely nuts about them. But then, he is kind of weird.

Mine would literally jump up into our horrible wormy apple trees to get at them

120 pound dog going nuts over eating apples. After a wind storm, I'd find him pigging out over all the ones that fell down that had previously been up and out of his reach and actually allowed to grow

I gave him a honeycrisp from the grocery store once. Happiest dog in the world. Tried to trick him with an onion (cruel I know), but he loved that too

There are a lot of myths about serial killers. One of the myths is that they mostly all have high IQs and are super intelligent, and that just isn't the case. Another one is that it's a white thing, it really isn't. Serial killers are pretty equally distributed amongst different ethnicities.

I think society is guilty of making more of them than is really there , maybe we mistake the yawning void in them for some sort of depth .

I think society is guilty of making more of them than is really there , maybe we mistake the yawning void in them for some sort of depth .

We also focus on the intelligence of specific ones, like Bundy. He was no genius, he was just not a dolt and he was very manipulative.

But then we ignore how incredibly dumb others are, like the Son of Sam.

Interestingly, they actually do find a correlation between intelligence and the killing method that serial killers utilize. Like, strangulation tends to correspond with more intelligent serial killers, while simply shooting people corresponds with dumber serial killers. There is plenty of both.

50 rapes and 12 murders and was never caught? That's insane. We just executed an 84 year old the other day, so this guy might be lucky that he is from California.

cbsn-fusion-golden-state-killer-press-conference-joseph-james-deangelo-identified-today-2018-04-25-thumbnail-1554799-640x360.jpg

It’s weird that such a liberal state still has a death penalty

china is most survellied country on earth now. now the government can legally watch you in your home if you have any camera device connected to internet.

Constitution ftw.

not true. there was no new information the police gleaned from the book.

however, the book did keep the case in the publics attention which led to more tips

I don't understand that reasoning. Didn't that book just come out within the last year?

Is the zodiac killer next?

That arrest would get 1000 times the press and attention. I am sort of a quasi-true crime aficionado and I had never even heard of this case.

No one other than Ramirez is ever going to be the Night Stalker. (The press is calling this killer "the original Night Stalker" in hopes of getting more juice out of the capture.)

This story is ENORMOUS. There is nowhere near as much buzz as there should be but as the story progresses I think there will be.

One of if not the most prolific serial offender, long thought dead, is captured. This is incredible!

It is amazing. The one question I would like to ask the guy is how on earth did me manage to just stop.

If you are a sick rapist and murderer, how do you just all of a sudden stop doing that.....Forever. I mean he was fucking Fedor-unbeaten for 10 years, and was only 41 at the time, which is still your prime for a serial killer and rapist.

I mean, It's not like he could say, "Well, my conscience just started to get the better of me'

you dont know what you are talking about. there are police presences well maybe not in somalia. it is cultural thing there been studies on this read about it. I from colombia. serial killer of random people is different then the crazy opportunistic asshole who goes into cartel or right wing death squad for nationalistic reasons or then a hardcore ideologue. There are studies and papers about how culture can play role into killing style.
It is amazing. The one question I would like to ask the guy is how on earth did me manage to just stop.

If you are a sick rapist and murderer, how do you just all of a sudden stop doing that.....Forever. I mean he was fucking Fedor-unbeaten for 10 years, and was only 41 at the time, which is still your prime for a serial killer and rapist.

I mean, It's not like he could say, "Well, my conscience just started to get the better of me'

i am sure he will answer this now he caught.

you dont know what you are talking about. there are police presences well maybe not in somalia. it is cultural thing there been studies on this read about it. I from colombia. serial killer of random people is different then the crazy opportunistic asshole who goes into cartel or right wing death squad for nationalistic reasons or then a hardcore ideologue. There are studies and papers about how culture can play role into killing style.

Nah, you are wrong buddy. You are from a second/third world country, so I am sure stuff like modern forensics, criminology, psychology, etc and stuff might not be familiar with you.

But places like even China are only Modern for like 25 years, and that is only a parts/urban of the country. Places like Colombia and Brazil are even worse. There are police in this area, but they are about as smart/educated as a middle schooler or some shit in America. Media/news reporting play a big deal in these hyped up serial killers... in a lot of the world there is hardly any media to even speak of. Until like early 2000s with smart phones, etc.

Moreover, you even stating different cultures have different killing styles.... they are still people mass murdering people, thus serial killers.

Just look at this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_number_of_victims

Top 7 are not from the US, and the top 3 are from fucking Colombia. You, from Colombia do not even know about these? Just shows how limited your knowledge and resources are.

and what is this "right wing death squad" ? LOL

The worst serial killers of all time are from Colombia.

No one other than Ramirez is ever going to be the Night Stalker. (The press is calling this killer "the original Night Stalker" in hopes of getting more juice out of the capture.)

When Richard Ramirez was caught, Law Enforcement mentioned that he wasn't the first Night Stalker. That was where the moniker Original Night Stalker came from. It's been around since the 80's. So, no, the press isn't calling him that to "get more juice out of the capture". They are doing that because it's one of his most known monikers outside of East Area Rapist(the connection between the two was finally established in the early 2000s) and Golden State Killer (The moniker recently given to him by Michelle McNamara). He's been most commonly referred to as EAR//ONS.

Nah, you are wrong buddy. You are from a second/third world country, so I am sure stuff like modern forensics, criminology, psychology, etc and stuff might not be familiar with you.

But places like even China are only Modern for like 25 years, and that is only a parts/urban of the country. Places like Colombia and Brazil are even worse. There are police in this area, but they are about as smart/educated as a middle schooler or some shit in America. Media/news reporting play a big deal in these hyped up serial killers... in a lot of the world there is hardly any media to even speak of. Until like early 2000s with smart phones, etc.

Moreover, you even stating different cultures have different killing styles.... they are still people mass murdering people, thus serial killers.

Just look at this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_number_of_victims

Top 7 are not from the US, and the top 3 are from fucking Colombia. You, from Colombia do not even know about these? Just shows how limited your knowledge and resources are.

and what is this "right wing death squad" ? LOL

i know about garavito, lopez being released is bullshit, camargo scum to. Actually camargo ´conversion´to christianity and him technically being allowed entry to heaven while non believers get hell further prove my point that christianity is actually immoral!

i just believe these 3 are rare isolated and extereme cases.

read this most killers kill by shooting. read all below. i am convinced it is culture thing places with less community and us capitalist culture has something to do with it is my guess.

https://www.vox.com/2016/12/2/13803158/serial-killers-victims-data

Maybe he start travelling , don't shit where you eat sort of thing .

Back